AFL Live PC version, when? How 'bout NOW?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: AFL Live PC version, when?

BigAnt have NOTHING to do with the release and where it goes, it's been said plenty of times, but Tru Blu are the one's pushing the PC release.

Ross wouldn't even have the PC version going ahead if it wasn't for Tru Blu.

And going on RLL, it'll be released on Games for Windows Live.

Oops, i clearly havn't been paying attention... :eek:

If it does see release via the GFWL platform AND it is a downloadable title. That would be great.... i have a few thousand MS Points ready to burn :D. I would even consider using ms points to download AFL Live should it ever appear on the Games on Demand service on the Xbox Live service.

Reading that article just strengthens the developers/publishers positions on PC gaming IMO. PC community has brought it all on themselves . Which is unfortunate for those who don't pirate

Oh geez ant, If anyone had said that "PSN is down because Sony was spooked by the amount of pirates that were grabbing free software, therefore PS3 users have bought this downtime upon themselves", they would get called out for their broad, ignorant comments, and so they should, as so should you.

Do you really think that you can use AFL LIVE as an example of PC gamers being denied pc games because of pirates? So AFL LIVE is going to be pirated which in turn will cause more problems than the potential piracy of the hundreds of PC exclusives this year like Diablo III, The Witcher 2, Heroes of Might and Magic 6, Darkspore, Red Orchestra 2 etc?,.. all of which will likely sell more than every AFL game up until and including AFL LIVE in existence...

AFL LIVE is a small game, with a very console-centric audience. I don't know if releasing it on PC is the correct financial move, I hope it is, although I suspect that it isn't (especially not without a Steam release), and I was surprised that a PC version was going to be released to begin with, but piracy isn't the reason why this game probably shouldn't be released on PC... it's the same reason as to why Diablo and Starcraft sold so poorly on consoles.. it's a console game, made for console gamers and for a console audience, like all sport games.

Seriously Ant, is the reason why the "Hearts of Iron", "Civilization", "Football Manager" and the "Total War" series have not seen a major release on consoles because of the amount of pirates there are in the console scene?, or is it because that none of these games, as successful as they have been on PC, are suited to the console?

Could that be the reason?, or would it be better to make up some offensive blanket statement that paints the majority of console users as pirates, like you just did for us PC gamers?

I really, really hope the PC version makes it on Steam. It's easily the best option for the consumer - crazy not to do it.

Windows Live is where it is headed

As in only available as a download from Windows Live, or available at retail and able to be linked to Windows Live?

As in only available as a download from Windows Live, or available at retail and able to be linked to Windows Live?

Don't know, my guess is retail or Windows Live

They could easily do the double, a number of games i have go through Steam, while also needing to log in to GFWL (Arkham Asylum, GTA IV, Dirt 2, Resident Evil 5, Street Fighter IV etc).

I would be a little disappointed if nothing eventuated, would still buy the retail disc version :thumbsu: :D. As i've previously posted most of my pc gaming these days is done through Steam or other download services.

Me confused, I have heard of Windows Live, M$ next version of Flight simulator will be WIndows Live, so how does it work, you download game instead of buying physical version? if that is true no wonder your worried about piracy, as that must make it harder to protect game from hackers etc.

I still though cannot understand the delay in annoucing a date for it;s release, as that surley cannot make any difference to piracy, whether it is anoocued today or in a month or w/e.
Well yes I can now I think about it, it is to give console version a ahcance to sell, although that is stilla weak reasdon, but with the talk of a patch or something as game is crashing, hmm, maybe best to wait for PC and have all the bugs ironed out.! anyone see the iorny here?:rolleyes:

Windows Live sounds to a degree similar to Cloud which some are wanting for Servers for business etc, so you have no physical hardware for your company server, hmm, I watched a show on Skynews Business a few weeks ago about cloud, the take up rate in 2010 was only approx 20% or so as what was exepected, security and privacy concerns was main reason and after Sony finnaly annoucing this hacking issue, hmm, nothing is safe online,
Poor judgment by the way of SOny to not say what happened as soon as they found out, hmm what were they trying to hide?
We know now I gather!

They could easily do the double, a number of games i have go through Steam, while also needing to log in to GFWL (Arkham Asylum, GTA IV, Dirt 2, Resident Evil 5, Street Fighter IV etc).

I would be a little disappointed if nothing eventuated, would still buy the retail disc version :thumbsu: :D. As i've previously posted most of my pc gaming these days is done through Steam or other download services.

The cost of having it on steam wont be worth it though. Its not a free service and really its only for an Aussie fan base. Would lose more than they make.

i liked rugby league 2 was way better on pc then console. as you can always edit jerseys and the database and make it upto date.

I still though cannot understand the delay in annoucing a date for it;s release, as that surley cannot make any difference to piracy, whether it is anoocued today or in a month or w/e.
Well yes I can now I think about it, it is to give console version a ahcance to sell, although that is stilla weak reasdon, but with the talk of a patch or something as game is crashing, hmm, maybe best to wait for PC and have all the bugs ironed out.! anyone see the iorny here?:rolleyes:
The console versions release date wasn't announced until 2 weeks before release, it'll likely be the same for PC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me confused, I have heard of Windows Live, M$ next version of Flight simulator will be WIndows Live, so how does it work, you download game instead of buying physical version? if that is true no wonder your worried about piracy, as that must make it harder to protect game from hackers etc.

Windows Live sounds to a degree similar to Cloud which some are wanting for Servers for business etc, so you have no physical hardware for your company server, hmm, I watched a show on Skynews Business a few weeks ago about cloud, the take up rate in 2010 was only approx 20% or so as what was exepected, security and privacy concerns was main reason and after Sony finnaly annoucing this hacking issue, hmm, nothing is safe online,
Poor judgment by the way of SOny to not say what happened as soon as they found out, hmm what were they trying to hide?
We know now I gather!
Oh the ignorance of such a statement. I take it you don't exactly know what you're talking about either.

I'd pay $200 for this game on PC right now. I'm so sick of PC gamers getting screwed over because of pirates.

Edit: If it's only for Games For Windows Live then forget about it.

Oh the ignorance of such a statement. I take it you don't exactly know what you're talking about either.

Hey Kerrby

Exactly what part of my post are you saying is Ignorance?
You don't say, so hard to take notice of your post.

If it is about Cloud, then as someone who runs their own business and servers I think I do know what I am talking about.

or if it is about Sony and PS3 hacking of people's accounts, haven’t you been watching the news lately, some people had their credit cards info taken and used illegally, when does Sony tell their customers, only when Media makes it known.

Please clarify posts, before you post.

Lol.

Hey Kerrby

Exactly what part of my post are you saying is Ignorance?
You don't say, so hard to take notice of your post.

If it is about Cloud, then as someone who runs their own business and servers I think I do know what I am talking about.

or if it is about Sony and PS3 hacking of people's accounts, haven’t you been watching the news lately, some people had their credit cards info taken and used illegally, when does Sony tell their customers, only when Media makes it known.

Please clarify posts, before you post.

Lol.
I was gonna quote certain parts of your post but I'll just go with the whole thing.

The thing about it being easier to pirate if it's a digital copy instead of retail copy, then I got confused with what you were trying to say about iorny(wut?), something about Sky News, Sony being hacked and something about us all knowing something.

I don't know how you got from a PC release to where you ended up with but you certainly confused me.

I was gonna quote certain parts of your post but I'll just go with the whole thing.

The thing about it being easier to pirate if it's a digital copy instead of retail copy, then I got confused with what you were trying to say about iorny(wut?), something about Sky News, Sony being hacked and something about us all knowing something.

I don't know how you got from a PC release to where you ended up with but you certainly confused me.

Okay fair enough, yes I did sort of go off topic from start of post,
I was just saying that a downloaded version or online one, I assume would be easier for pirates to hack. Than a Physical disc itself, just my view.

The Sony thing was about just an attempt at humour, that I am happy to wait now for PC version, as what has occured since PS3 version came out and the hacking of some PS Sony Online users accounts. That it was somewhat ironic to bring out PS3 version before PC version and now there is that issue I mentioned above with Sony. Maybe poor attempt at humour!:cool:

Okay fair enough, yes I did sort of go off topic from start of post,
I was just saying that a downloaded version or online one, I assume would be easier for pirates to hack. Than a Physical disc itself, just my view.

The Sony thing was about just an attempt at humour, that I am happy to wait now for PC version, as what has occured since PS3 version came out and the hacking of some PS Sony Online users accounts. That it was somewhat ironic to bring out PS3 version before PC version and now there is that issue I mentioned above with Sony. Maybe poor attempt at humour!:cool:
You are still making zero sense, just so you know.

Physical disc vs Digital is no different.

And the PS3 version hasn't been prone to piracy and is still selling very well (sold out at a huge number of retailers). So no irony.:confused:

You are still making zero sense, just so you know.

Physical disc vs Digital is no different. "Depnds on how it is protected,"

The reason I used Cloud as an example, is business owners have not taken up this Cloud thing because of privacy concerns, that is what this tech show on Sky News Business was saying. They are not my words.
It is based on Research done by owners of Cloud.

And the PS3 version hasn't been prone to piracy and is still selling very well (sold out at a huge number of retailers). So no irony.:confused:

I wasn't talking abiout PIRACY with PS3 version :mad:

sheesh read what I say, I was talking about how sony playstation users cannot access their online accounts, and why that has happened!

Plus am I right in saying there is a bug in ps3 and xbox game?
Mate of mine has xbox version and it crashes at round 6 his says.

So an irony is there then, as by time pc version comes out, these bugs will be hopefully fixed. We hope. so in the end it wil be worth waiting for, maybe!

But it still gets back to using piracy as a reason for delaying pc verison is not valid, whether pc version came out today or in June or w/e, if it is going to be pirated, it will be. Dam pirates!

I wasn't talking abiout PIRACY with PS3 version :mad:

sheesh read what I say, I was talking about how sony playstation users cannot access their online accounts, and why that has happened!

Plus am I right in saying there is a bug in ps3 and xbox game?
Mate of mine has xbox version and it crashes at round 6 his says.

So an irony is there then, as by time pc version comes out, these bugs will be hopefully fixed. We hope. so in the end it wil be worth waiting for, maybe!

But it still gets back to using piracy as a reason for delaying pc verison is not valid, whether pc version came out today or in June or w/e, if it is going to be pirated, it will be. Dam pirates!
Yes there are some bugs in the PS3/360 version (however they can be avoided by simulating the AI before those matches...tell your mate). But they'll also be fixed in a patch within a month (at best a couple of weeks), a while before the PC version comes out.

I'm still not really seeing your irony, while the PSN is down, it doesn't mean people can't play the game. And yes the online is AMAZING in AFL Live, but it's not the end of the world for the game and is still seeing people not only buy it but continue to play it. The irony would be if there was such an issue that stopped people from playing the game at all.

At the end of the day consoles still get months to play the game...online or off in most cases. So either the irony is lost on me (and probably most) or it's just not there...

Hopefully the game leaks & the distributor is forced to bring up the release :)

But really, the PC version coming 2 months out after the console versions is a joke, and a testament to current PC gaming scene.

Consoles are trash.

PC game sales in aus are up 7% year on year, not including online sales and DLC through steam and the like.

I think thats fairly significant. PC sales should mostly be through DLC and online sales considering how much fairer the prices are as well (paying US prices instead of ridiculous AUS prices usually).

I currently own 150 games on steam, and haven't touched retail pc games for years. DLC all the way!

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Live PC version, when? How 'bout NOW?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back