AFL live- Player Ratings

Remove this Banner Ad

Steele Sidebottom is 66 overall? Weird rating when compared to Jarryd Blair who is 74.

No offense to Blairy but Sidebottom is the better player at this point.

Poor Rusty. Someone at Big Ant mustn't like him for some reason. :eek:

Ross mentioned something about Joe Misti, and how one of the creators of the previous game who went to school with him. He hated him and made him 300kg and his stats really low in one of the Afl Games.

North Melbourne finished ninth with a young developing list yet they are the equal worst team in the game.

Go figure.

Other than that, the gameplay looks good.

I am a north supporter. so i don't wont sound bias. but i think north have been hard done by with a 3 star rating. young developing list that finished 9th last year rated the same as the team that got the spoon doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. i agree with most the other ratings but north should be a 3 1/2 equal with essendon melbourne and the like.

agree??

I am a north supporter. so i don't wont sound bias. but i think north have been hard done by with a 3 star rating. young developing list that finished 9th last year rated the same as the team that got the spoon doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. i agree with most the other ratings but north should be a 3 1/2 equal with essendon melbourne and the like.

agree??

I kinda do. Always thought that Kangaroos have been an underrated side.

i think ill just change those pendlebury stats, probs make sure his hair isnt those dreadies either haha.

i like the idea of sandilands being 95, since he is so dominant in his position
there is always going to be a few shocks, but i guess some players have really dominant attributes but lack in some other qualities and therefore be lower overall. but when people see them in real life they think the player is awesome because he plays to his strengths. this is why many will probably be surprised by some as always

collingwood ratings i can recall from today

swan 91
didak 90
pendles 84
cloke 84
thomas 83
ball 76

ummmmmmm

jolly , shaw and harry were all in the 80s

shame sidebottom is so low. some of the draft picks from this year are already higher than him :thumbsdown:

collingwood ratings i can recall from today

swan 91
didak 90
pendles 84
cloke 84
thomas 83
ball 76

ummmmmmm

jolly , shaw and harry were all in the 80s

shame sidebottom is so low. some of the draft picks from this year are already higher than him :thumbsdown:

maybe (just maybe) its because there are some aspects of his game like pace etc that he isnt brilliant at and that puts his overalls lower, coz the in the game it wont account for sidey sticking to his strengths which is what he does in real life

People should be careful when reading ratings off the screen though. I had a quick glance at the screen and saw James Frawley: 62. I was quite shocked, how could an All Australian player be rated so lowly? At another time though I saw James Frawley: 87 which is much more realistic, a touch too high perhaps even. The low score was because he was selected, or a candidate to be selected for a position which he's no good at and hence his rating was lower. I'm pretty sure that was what happened. Maybe the same thing can explain Sidebottom? FIFA does the same thing. Put Wayne Rooney in defence and his rating goes way down.

People should be careful when reading ratings off the screen though. I had a quick glance at the screen and saw James Frawley: 62. I was quite shocked, how could an All Australian player be rated so lowly? At another time though I saw James Frawley: 87 which is much more realistic, a touch too high perhaps even. The low score was because he was selected, or a candidate to be selected for a position which he's no good at and hence his rating was lower. I'm pretty sure that was what happened. Maybe the same thing can explain Sidebottom? FIFA does the same thing. Put Wayne Rooney in defence and his rating goes way down.

^^^this!
completely forgot about this point. that would hopefully explain sidey's stats. hope youre right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that the FIFA rating system (putting players in wrong positions lowers rating) is an awesome feature and if AFL has the same thing thats great!

What is Melbournes team rating?

Who is rated higher David or Andrew swallow?

I think that the FIFA rating system (putting players in wrong positions lowers rating) is an awesome feature and if AFL has the same thing thats great!

What is Melbournes team rating?

AFL definitely has the same thing. Melbourne is 3.5 stars. Collingwood is 4.5 stars and the representative teams are all 5 stars. There must be some buildup at the top end because an all star team being 0.5 of a star better than Collingwood surely can't be the same as Melbourne being 0.5 of a star better than North Melbourne.

I know Collingwood is good but come on... :p

It may be a bit like NBA 2k11 player value rankings. Lots of players have 5 star values so it's hard to distinguish between the players within 5 stars. I tried trading Brooks Lopez for LeBron James. Both had 5 star rankings. Miami flipped me the bird and said "chuck in Durant too or you can piss off".

How in the world is Sandilands rated 95 overall!?

Sure, he's the best ruckman in the league but as if his other attributes add up to make him a 95. I wouldn't rate Cox 2006-07 era a 95 let alone big Sandi.

perhaps if u shift sandy to the wing or full back his rating would plummet. same as if u put ablett in the ruck...

Re: AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part 14 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

I am pretty dissapointed with some of the player ratings. In collingwood the highest player is Swan withh an overall of 91 and then Didak as 90. So i expected Pendlebury to be like 87 and then saw that he was 83. And Dayne Beams i would expect him to be like and 80-84 and i look at his and it is 59. Very dissapointing. :thumbsdown:

Alao will stats be kept during your season such as average kicks and marks and stuff. and does the game calcualate dream team or supercoach.:)

I am pretty dissapointed with some of the player ratings. In collingwood the highest player is Swan withh an overall of 91 and then Didak as 90. So i expected Pendlebury to be like 87 and then saw that he was 83. And Dayne Beams i would expect him to be like and 80-84 and i look at his and it is 59. Very dissapointing. :thumbsdown:

Alao will stats be kept during your season such as average kicks and marks and stuff. and does the game calcualate dream team or supercoach.:)

Just head on in and make Beams better then.. problem solved. and if its salary cap you're worried about, make a 3rd or 4th stringer absolute ****ing rubbish, thus lowering their price*.

*assumption

Seriously you guys complaining about player ratings need to get over it, if your not happy with them you can edit them, the big ant guys are doing there best, you cant expect them to have everything 100% accurate, just be thankful they are putting all there effort into making this game the best AFL game released and from what i have seen they have succeeded so instead of bitching about ratings how about showing your appreciation.

Anybody clarify who did the ratings? I am pretty confused how Swan is only a 91, then Didak 90, Pendlebury 83.....I would have thought All-Australians would all mostly be 85 or over.

The 2 that scare me are Sidebottom (66) and Beams (59), even though in my opinion they are both better than Blair (74). Sidebottom deserves at least a 76-77 especially after his final campaign last year.

"Very disappointing" is strong language, especially when you don't know the source. We have worked very intimately with some of the clubs, particularily Collingwood (indeed we have worked with them more than anyone else, you have a different opinion of your players than your club does).

In any case the thinking above is flawed, comparing players to team mates does not work - compare them to players in the same position of the same age with the same performance and consistency accross other clubs and you might do better.

This is never an exact science. As others have said, put your black and white eye patch on and change all the Collingwood players to 90+ accross the board :p

EDIT:
PS: I haven't checked if these figures stated are the ones in our game and also whether they are from a game in progress.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL live- Player Ratings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back