AFL Mackay

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit quite on here lately?

Swans got out off jail on the weekend hanging by a point after Saints missed a few late shots at goal according to the paper.

Moranbah have had a good fortnight playing both last years Grandfinalists , Hawks & Eagles, away & only loosing by 20 & 11pts.
Finals would have to be on their horizon?

Apparently on the queens birthday weekend, Mackay were playing Rocky in Rocky in a Rep game but now its at Harrup with the inclusion of Townsville, in round robin system l presume , whats everyones thoughts on this?

Bit quite on here lately?

Swans got out off jail on the weekend hanging by a point after Saints missed a few late shots at goal according to the paper.

Moranbah have had a good fortnight playing both last years Grandfinalists , Hawks & Eagles, away & only loosing by 20 & 11pts.
Finals would have to be on their horizon?

Apparently on the queens birthday weekend, Mackay were playing Rocky in Rocky in a Rep game but now its at Harrup with the inclusion of Townsville, in round robin system l presume , whats everyones thoughts on this?

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_...ID=56346&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=23594652

Looks as though it's at Harrup. Will be interesting, I imagine will be 20 min halves or something?

Is this competition still running?
One wouldn't think so going by zero info.in the local media.Shame the well paid representative s from AFLQld can't contribute.

Hey JB,
Your're the sage of AFL Mackay history, has there ever been a Swans v Moranbah grand final in the seniors. Hawks had a big win over Bakers on Saturday but lost against Swans and Moranbah previous to that.

Hey JB,
Your're the sage of AFL Mackay history, has there ever been a Swans v Moranbah grand final in the seniors. Hawks had a big win over Bakers on Saturday but lost against Swans and Moranbah previous to that.

Looooong way to go before that! It is the Swans to lose at this stage, and a few losses might just be what the hawks need!
If Moranbah hold onto third, do they host a final?

Looooong way to go before that! It is the Swans to lose at this stage, and a few losses might just be what the hawks need!
If Moranbah hold onto third, do they host a final?
Not sure if they would get a home final but it would be a massive advantage if they did. Prelim and granny at Harrup going by the record semis tbc. Not much said about Whitsunday forfeit on the weekend. The 4 looks set.

Not sure if they would get a home final but it would be a massive advantage if they did. Prelim and granny at Harrup going by the record semis tbc. Not much said about Whitsunday forfeit on the weekend. The 4 looks set.

That's a real shame, I can only imagine how good hosting a final would be for football in Moranbah!
But with an AFL Mackay official in a role with the Saints, i've got no doubt the final will be in Mackay.

Why did Whitsunday forfeit? Will they play out the year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a real shame, I can only imagine how good hosting a final would be for football in Moranbah!
But with an AFL Mackay official in a role with the Saints, i've got no doubt the final will be in Mackay.

Why did Whitsunday forfeit? Will they play out the year?
I believe Moranbah get financial benefit from the City V Country games every year as compensation for not hosting finals, just as Whitsunday get to host the pre-season carnival every year. This was the arrangment a few years ago so I assume it is still current.

Swans big improvement - administration, coach, recruiting - pretty simple really.

Hawks had a big win over the swans. Is this the loss the swannies needed or were they simply missing some numbers? Does David Johnstone sign any new recruits before June 30? In the space of a week the competition has changed again. Hawks, Swans and Bulldogs all have a chance.

Hawks had a big win over the swans. Is this the loss the swannies needed or were they simply missing some numbers? Does David Johnstone sign any new recruits before June 30? In the space of a week the competition has changed again. Hawks, Swans and Bulldogs all have a chance.

I believe Swans missing a few at the moment, clearing committments prior to finals, so would not get too excited about the loss to Hawks. Think Swans still the one to beat when all clubs have best lists available.

Swans can't finish lower than second so they would be planning for the first final i would think, players working, injuries its all about getting them right for finals now.

Swans can't finish lower than second so they would be planning for the first final i would think, players working, injuries its all about getting them right for finals now.
By all reports the hawks were in the same position with players unavailable and players resting. It's going to be a cracker final series. Hawks to win the granny by 20 points.

I believe Swans missing a few at the moment, clearing committments prior to finals, so would not get too excited about the loss to Hawks. Think Swans still the one to beat when all clubs have best lists available.
Any truth to the rumour that a couple of those swans players are clearing commitments for the finals by permanently moving back to Brisbane

Any truth to the rumour that a couple of those swans players are clearing commitments for the finals by permanently moving back to Brisbane
Looks like swans are going another year as pretenders they may need to throw a few extra $$ towards frew to fly up for the finals series!!

Not a big fan of the swans l take it?
Another loss for the swan boys rumour is rife that three blokes have left to brisssy for the rest of the year.
Corey Waldron a good game for the hawks in the twos might be a dark horse to sneak into the ones for finals to inject even more run and hard ball gets??

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Mackay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back