Roast AFL Media is a Total Joke

Remove this Banner Ad

It is Appealing how much Sooking has come from the Suppose Media Experts is Appaling.

Bad Calls happen all the Time in Games but IF it helps collingwood at all there media make a Storm from a Tea Cup

Collingwood have the 2nd Biggest Comeback in the Clubs History the Media comes out trying there best to make it look like we should not Won the Game.

Not Being Postive about Collingwood instead of Shitting on them.

It's Bloody Disgusting how bad the AFL Media are

No Wonder I don't listen or watch Footy Talk Shows as majority of the Time they Talk Shit

They're actually a lot more clueless and "weekend watchers" than what people might think.

The lack of respect to their craft is astonishing. I think Brad Johnson, Leigh Montagna and David King would be the only ones I listen to that actually do any kind of research. The others just turn up for their pay check.

AFL 360 Podcast 17/06/24

"Robbo blasts non-call 50m penalty..."

"Gerard and Robbo discuss the controversial moment in the North Melbourne v Collingwood epic contest..."

AFL is more poorly served by its commentary and media than any other sport, from my general observations.

Those strange Europeans who call the curling at the Winter Olympics do a magnificent job of creating tension, in what really seems like an experimental therapy for mental illness rather than a sport.

1718644402345.png

But if we're honest, most media is a form of sewerage production, throwing out quick grabs for the attention of people who have no span of attention at all.

That is their modus operandi - get a close game and select a controversial moment usually a free or non free. Bonus points of its Collingwood.

We had a non 50m infringement missed in a grand final ffs and the media said SFA.

As opposed to talking about how great the actual game was etc

I actually love it. I hope it happens more. Just wait until we win the flag td. That’s the problem we’re unstoppable now and they know it

Look at how much discussion they're generating for themselves - easy ratings (whether they believe what they're saying or not) by generating controversy around the AFL's most polarising and popular club. It's a proven formula.

That is their modus operandi - get a close game and select a controversial moment usually a free or non free. Bonus points of its Collingwood.

We had a non 50m infringement missed in a grand final ffs and the media said SFA.

As opposed to talking about how great the actual game was etc

Talking up Collingwood get them Fired as won't get Attention on them and who they work for

The one thing that surprises me the most is the ability for commentators and pundits to be completely biased or derogatory in their comments towards us, even passing it off as 'everyone hates Collingwood'.

The reality I have found since living in Melbourne is that a lot of footy people don't actually hate Collingwood, however it's this tiresome trope that's regurgitated by the media ad nauseum.

There most likely remains a historical dimension to the manner in which footy is reported. I also think the bias may be concentrated by the number of prominent Carlton, Essendon and Richmond supporters in the media; we obviously have our fair share, however they don't seem to be front and centre on the major shows for the various networks.

Look at how much discussion they're generating for themselves - easy ratings (whether they believe what they're saying or not) by generating controversy around the AFL's most polarising and popular club. It's a proven formula.
This is the issue really. There are so many journalists and so may programmes on both TV and radio, that they must produce stories. Stories that would never have been passed as suitable in the past. Some footy journos are masters of their craft, like Greg Baum. Then you you have the good news-hounds like John Ralph, Mick Gleeson, Jake Niall, Sam Edmunds and the like. Then there are the good, ex-player commentators like David King, Bucks, Daisy Thomas and so on. Then at the bottom, are the ambulance chasers like Tom Morris who give their fellow journalists bad name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is Appealing how much Sooking has come from the Suppose Media Experts is Appaling.

Bad Calls happen all the Time in Games but IF it helps collingwood at all there media make a Storm from a Tea Cup

Collingwood have the 2nd Biggest Comeback in the Clubs History the Media comes out trying there best to make it look like we should not Won the Game.

Not Being Postive about Collingwood instead of Shitting on them.

It's Bloody Disgusting how bad the AFL Media are

No Wonder I don't listen or watch Footy Talk Shows as majority of the Time they Talk Shit

The media is a business, like any business their #1 priority is to make money.

They make the most money when people are outraged and read all their stories/discuss their stories with their friends.

If u want to hurt them, ignore them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back