AFL Must Suspend Steven May

Remove this Banner Ad

Spiral_Out

Team Captain
Mar 3, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Suspend them all, any type of staging needs a suspension.

If this goes unpunished it will encourage and incentivise players to drive their head into the ground while being tackled or act as if their head made contact with the ground, which is what Steven May did.

This type of behavior is damaging to AFL's reputation.

Steven May, N Daicos, Ginnivan, our game is just pure shit when players flop, dish out a suspension for staging, they will stop.

AFL is not soccer.

Image is pause at the point were May's head is as close to the ground as it gets from the tackle, after this moment he thrusts his neck and head into the ground, embarrassing for him, cringe to witness.

Stamp it out.

May.jpg

Last edited:
If fans are deciding who does and doesn’t get suspended for flopping I hope the OP is prepared to see Nick Daicos get suspended 10 times per year.

I am with you, I hate seeing Nicky D being a little flop, ban them all for any staging.

Our game is becoming more and more like soccer, that game is boring af, players just kick back and forth until they have a chance to flop for a free, disgusting 'sport'.

Ban them all, stamp it out, but this Steven May act was seriously like wtf that's messed up, nope, not on my watch, get out.

No not at all. Didn’t he get a knock just before being brought to ground? He was already grimacing before Ford took him to ground.

It’s Oliver who needs to get a fine. But there’s no need for suspensions, there’s nothing in the rules for that, there’s rules for fines though - they just don’t pay it.

AFL:

"Well I for one can't believe our ill-conceived and poorly thought out policy on dangerous tackles is being exploited by the players."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laura Kane - time to draw line in the sand this weekend. Do you have the courage and leadership to remove this blight on the game?? Steven May needs to go for a fine and holiday, or the sport will become the laughing stock like Soccer players when they dive and roll around like a stuck pig. I feel for the Umpires in this instance as they are being taken advantage of.

We all now come Monday Kane will say there is nothing to see here.

Laura Kane - time to draw line in the sand this weekend. Do you have the courage and leadership to remove this blight on the game?? Steven May needs to go for a fine and holiday, or the sport will become the laughing stock like Soccer players when they dive and roll around like a stuck pig. I feel for the Umpires in this instance as they are being taken advantage of.

We all now come Monday Kane will say there is nothing to see here.
Kane as always will come out Monday morning in her usual fashion...

Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA

That was shocking. No free until he reaches for his head claiming injury. Umpire goes back to the VFL and May gets a $5,000 fine and a warning its a suspension next time.

Of course this wont happen and the AFL will sign off on it because they have to protect the head. And next week we see even more players doing it.

I fully expect Ford will be offered two weeks, it was such an incredibly dangerous tackle and May's head hit the ground with all the force of a feather.

i thought we were pinging players with holding the ball quicker to avoid these actions happening? good to see that lasted about 5 minutes again. may should be pretty damn embarrassed himself if he looks back on that really. was an absolute shocker

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Must Suspend Steven May

Remove this Banner Ad

Back