AFL Must Suspend Steven May

Remove this Banner Ad

All tackles in AFL football are dubious it seems. May milked it for whatever it was worth and should be fined. Dangerfield cops a week for a perfect tackle that is called "careless". What is careless in this case anyway in a body contact sport like AFL football? What else could he have done except not try and tackle at all? I can understand an errant bump, but now the tackle is at risk? Even the good ones. The footy world has gone mad. May probably should've been suspended before Dangerfield...?

Suspend them all, any type of staging needs a suspension.

If this goes unpunished it will encourage and incentivise players to drive their head into the ground while being tackled or act as if their head made contact with the ground, which is what Steven May did.

This type of behavior is damaging to AFL's reputation.

Steven May, N Daicos, Ginnivan, our game is just pure shit when players flop, dish out a suspension for staging, they will stop.

AFL is not soccer.

Image is pause at the point were May's head is as close to the ground as it gets from the tackle, after this moment he thrusts his neck and head into the ground, embarrassing for him, cringe to witness.

Stamp it out.

View attachment 2027350

so a $1875 for an act that could have won the game for Melbourne??

How is this not bringing the game into disrepute?

Surely a suspension is necessary and a reasonable length at that!!

How is this not match tampering??

First flop in his career and here we are with a 6 page "he must be suspended" thread, wonderful. How many retroactive weeks are ginny and little nicky going to get if this is the new standard?

Do AFL rules allow suspension for staging or is just a fine?
Don't know - I think if you stage for something that could get another player reported, it should be potentially punishable by suspension.

If you are just putting a bit extra on to try and get a free kick, probably a fine at most. It's a tough one here - there are games where a player should have got plenty of frees but they aren't paid, so they exaggerate later on. That's out of frustration more than 'cheating' and is not so bad I recon.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Must Suspend Steven May

Remove this Banner Ad

Back