Goobernutty

Team Captain
Apr 27, 2009
Gooberville
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Demons, Storm, Rebels
AFL - Putting teams in new markets to try and gain new fans and take some from NRL at the same time

NRL - Diluting the pool of Queensland based teams even further.

There's a reason we're better.

Wait this is their so called expansion? Expanding into already comfortable RL territory? It'll fall flat on their arse too. Everyone supports the Broncos is Brisbane apartently. The joke of Rugby league.

What's next for RL? The Sydney Swans?

Bomb, bomb, ba bomb...

get_tmi_image.pl

[IPAustralia]

I hope Essendon buy into the consortium rather than fighting it - or at least link itself up with it.

The advantages - such as a gym and medical facility for games against Brisbane and Gold Coast could help us out even more when we play up there.

Throw in the potential for membership and sponsorship growth as well.

firstly, it's a consortium bidding for an NRL license, not the NRL themselves.

Secondly, what is so ridiculous about a second team in Brisbane? Dont the AFL have two teams in Perth and two teams in Adelaide?

A second team in the West Brisbane region has value for broadcasting rights in the NRL. It's the second most populated league heartland. Their non-heartland expansion will be in Perth which itself will end up lucrative. They'll use the 2 hr delay to broadcast matches live into the east in the Friday night double-header. Freo and WC dont get too many Friday night games and the Perth rugby league team may get exclusivity on this night.

If the Central Coast bid gets up, then we can laugh at their expansion plans. Although the area should have a team, financially it should not get one ahead of other areas.

Thirdly, the war theory is being pushed by the Daily Tele. You know, a rag owned by that fine corporation responsible for the News of the World disgrace. And before anyone goes on about it being an English tabloid thing, an organisation's culture is directed at the top. Fish rots from the head. The culture of bait headlining is rife amongst News Corp papers worldwide. You buy or even read loo paper such as The DT or the Herald Sun, or subscribe to Foxtel, then you're supporting, promoting, condoning their BS.

Who the hell is going to follow this proposed new team!?

Broncos have the market cornered, surely. I don't think there's a huge untapped audience that's going to start flocking to "Bombers" games.

As for how it impacts the AFL... meh. Tigers/Tigers, Bulldogs/Bulldogs, it's not a big deal.

And this "war" exists only in the narrow, paranoid mind of a certain type of League follower.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

do not like & should not happen, but that aside - who would be the 'Brisbane Bombers' potential fan base:confused: - all the people in Brisy that reckon the Broncos suck arse:confused:

my head hurts...

edit - beat me to it dynamics

AFL - Putting teams in new markets to try and gain new fans and take some from NRL at the same time

NRL - Diluting the pool of Queensland based teams even further.

There's a reason we're better.

Also add:

AFL: putting money into the grassroots level of non native states, which has successfully bore fruit. Heaps of NSW/QLD players. Enough to field a state side each.
NRL: Leaving it up to the clubs to develop grassroots level. Not enough players to fill a combined WA/Vic/SA/Tas team.

I like rugby leaguebut it's run by absolute morons. I actually don't mind the idea of a 2nd team in Brisbane but the lack of grassroots level development is a joke. It's the worst system in Australian sport. It's amazing that Melbourne storm has had the success they've had, they wouldn't be able to last 2 years in SA/WA, the Melbourne sporting culture is their only saving grace.

Also add:

AFL: putting money into the grassroots level of non native states, which has successfully bore fruit. Heaps of NSW/QLD players. Enough to field a state side each.
NRL: Leaving it up to the clubs to develop grassroots level. Not enough players to fill a combined NT/WA/Vic/SA/Tas team.

I like rugby but it's run by absolute morons. I actually don't mind the idea of a 2nd team in Brisbane but the lack of grassroots level development is a joke. It's the worst system in Australian sport. It's amazing that Melbourne storm has had the success they've had, they wouldn't be able to last 2 years in SA/WA, the Melbourne sporting culture is their only saving grace.
Fixed and agreed

Also add:

NRL: Leaving it up to the clubs to develop grassroots level. Not enough players to fill a combined WA/Vic/SA/Tas team.

I like rugby but it's run by absolute morons. I actually don't mind the idea of a 2nd team in Brisbane but the lack of grassroots level development is a joke. It's the worst system in Australian sport. It's amazing that Melbourne storm has had the success they've had, they wouldn't be able to last 2 years in SA/WA, the Melbourne sporting culture is their only saving grace.

Oh god. The sooner this stupid game goes bankrupt (financially, not morally, that happened when it's stars started glassing their girlfriends and trying to blame it on their mates) the better.

And since when was this a war?

The daily tele pump out anti-afl articles daily.

However you would have to delve deep into any Victorian based paper to even find the word rugby.

In Victoria, most of us don't care about rugby and the small percentage that do are treated like any other sports fan. However up in NSW/QLD the culture is completely different. They have a massively inferior product so all they can do is bag AFL and create a cultural perception that it is soft and gay based on no actual reasoning.

In fact when I went to sydney I heard a boy of about 6-7 talking about the Swans to which his dad swiftly said "AFL is soft and gay. I couldn't believe it.

As for the bombers I don't really care. It's unoriginal but it's just like the tigers or the bulldogs

Oh god. The sooner this stupid game goes bankrupt (financially, not morally, that happened when it's stars started glassing their girlfriends and trying to blame it on their mates) the better.

Thought you were going to point out my error of calling the game rugby instead of rugby league.

I've always been against the term 'Bomber' describing a sporting team, its totally disrespectful to all the victims of terrorism around the world, waiting for the day someone down at Essendon has the courage to change the hateful term.:thumbsdown:

I see our friends over at League Unlimited have linked this topic on their site, and I found this particular comment interesting:

OH MY GOD ! Are you kidding me El Diablo ? they actually think there is a code war going on ?

I have seen it all now; WTF ! i am seriously in shock. Thank **** League supporters arent that dumb to think there is an actually war going on.
Wasn't it the Daily Terrorgraph responsible for making up all this war bullshit? :eek:

I see our friends over at League Unlimited have linked this topic on their site, and I found this particular comment interesting:

Wasn't it the Daily Terrorgraph responsible for making up all this war bullshit? :eek:

lol. Like to see those Drugby fools make an argument against that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back