AFL Player Sex Attack Claim............

Remove this Banner Ad

windyhill said:
Why would a footballer need to do that ? Women hunt them down and throw themselves at them , even Ling probably goes ok, well that might be strteching it. Very strange story.

From what I understand (and I am by no means an expert), rape is not merely about sex. It is about power (and, I daresay, a whole range of other issues). While I have no clue whether any of the claims made in past against footballers are true, it is not so impossibly hard to believe that in an agressively masculine culture, the power thing may prove to be an issue.

Like I said, no idea what happened. But just because professional sportspeople have little difficulty hooking up does not mean they have no cause to rape.

eirinn said:
From what I understand (and I am by no means an expert), rape is not merely about sex. It is about power (and, I daresay, a whole range of other issues). While I have no clue whether any of the claims made in past against footballers are true, it is not so impossibly hard to believe that in an agressively masculine culture, the power thing may prove to be an issue.

Like I said, no idea what happened. But just because professional sportspeople have little difficulty hooking up does not mean they have no cause to rape.

never said they are excluded from being rapists. what i was trying to put across is why young women keep putting themselves in that position, especially after the last couple of years and the press coverage such incedences have caused. whether this case is rape or not, or the case before that or the case before that......
they are a different breed of woman that get into these situations and its not hard to believe that some of them have moral issues later especially after they sobre up and realise these guys couldnt give two cents about them

Jimmy said:
its bull********....footballers dont need to slip ********s drugs to get a root...just another money hungry tabloid seeking skank...these chicks should stop feeling so insecure about themselves and get a life
.....Jimmy, such a stirrer ;)

I think that a lot of people don't realise the effect that alcohol can have on you if you're taking PRESCRIBED medication. Maybe some people think their drinks have been spiked when it's really a combination of alcohol and a "legal" drug.

The rules on consent are clear. If she didn't consent, then it's rape. Whether she was drunk, drugged or "sober" has no bearing on the case. I thought footballers knew by now that if in doubt, put it away.

Some young girls, just like to get drunk.Its accepted practice in the 14 to 19 year old girls to pass out.I have seen it many a time.They think its weird if they don't pass out.They think my mates won't take advantage of me.....Thats the deadly one.

jackson_rules said:
what world are you living mate, people these days do anything to get compensation money you shouldnt need to see stats to know a heap fo people would fake this ******** to get money

I live in the world where it's not OK to make up facts and figures off the top of your head to substantiate your point. I also live in the world that says it's not OK to just make accusations like yours above without some onus of proof. Just because you are anonymous to a degree on this site, does not give you the right to make complete BS statements on a very serious subject.

By the way did you know that 99% of people with the word 'rules' in their usernames are complete and utter tools and usually have very small appendages that are used on goats? I can't substantiate it, but that apparently doesn't matter does it.....

portentous said:
I thought footballers knew by now that if in doubt, put it away.

What makes you think he had any notion of doubt in his head, or that he needed it.
The fact is that the case was not followed through, so you can only presume that he is innocent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player Sex Attack Claim............

Remove this Banner Ad

Back