AFL Premium Dream Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys, got my draft tomorrow night 6pm, but have a few questions (they have prob been answered in previous posts but cant be f'd looking thru it)
1) Can you find out the draft choices sequence prior to draft kick-off?
2) How long does the draft take, approx?

Cheers

Hey guys, got my draft tomorrow night 6pm, but have a few questions (they have prob been answered in previous posts but cant be f'd looking thru it)
1) Can you find out the draft choices sequence prior to draft kick-off?
2) How long does the draft take, approx?

Cheers

1. No
2. 2 hours 15 minutes more or less

Draft took freaking ages due to quite a few not being online at the time...this was a major downside of the whole thing as I had had enough by the end!

Anyway, ended up with this team, quite pleased ;)

premdtsc6.jpg

THats the benefit you got from not having people at the live draft!! May have taken a lot longer but look at the team you now have!!;)

Maybe, I was surprised how deep some of those that pre-selected their top50 went into the draft, most got 10-12 selections surprisingly.

I think we had 6 of the 10 online in the draft, but there were some really bizarre picks. I picked up S.Burgoyne with one of my last picks in the whole thing :S

I don't envy those that leave getting rucks late, after the top 6-7 rucks there isn't much left over for the rest.

My live draft is ____ed, Porplyzia's been picked four times and counting by the same two people who are not online.

[edit]Eight times by four times. Get your act together VS

Mine is ____ED... I have Matthew Stokes in my forward line 5 ____ing times. And I didn't pick him once. Bullshit. Typical AFL.com bullshit.
Worst part is it mean that I can't select any other players for my forward, so when they do eventually fix it, i'll be stuck with shit players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah... I guarantee when we ask for our money back, "The dream team was free.... you paid for the 2008 DT Guide"
Heh that's what I thought, but apparently with the drafts that stuffed up earlier they offered a refund.

OMG Porplyzia is quite popular. Fantastic my selection didn't work so they gave me guess who? Porplyzia!

What a joke that draft was. Couldnt select between rucks, forwards etc. And it kept timing out. Eventually walked away and left it to my pre draft selections and this is what I ended up with...

(RIC) 1. MCMAHON, Jordan
(SYD) 2. MALCESKI, Nick
(PTA) 3. BURGOYNE, Peter
(MEL) 4. WHEATLEY, Paul
(COL) 5. SHAW, Heath
(RIC) 6. BOWDEN, Joel
(SYD) 7. MATTNER, Martin

(WCE)8. EMBLEY, Andrew
(HAW)9. MITCHELL, Sam
(COL) 10. PENDLEBURY, Scott
(COL) 11. SHAW, Rhyce
(STK) 12. BALL, Luke
(STK) 13. MONTAGNA, Leigh

(FRE) 14. SANDILANDS, Aaron
(GEE) 15. OTTENS, Brad

(WBD)16. HAHN, Mitch
(CAR) 17. BETTS, Eddie
(ADE) 18. PORPLYZIA, Jason
(STK) 19. MILNE, Stephen
(COL) 20. CLOKE, Travis
(ESS) 21. LUCAS, Scott
(WBD)22. MURPHY, Robert

Important question guys.

Draft over, and another team and myself has Scott Pendlebury. I know for a fact that I drafted him after the other team, so my question is;

Will virtualsports catch on and remove pendles from my team? I only wonder because I can trade him out for a player such as Andrew Embley from the Free Agency, who may be gone in a few hours due to the teams that weren't at the draft and have spots for mids?

what do you think about this one guys? very pleased!

l_b834548bd86b0e4829667dd52e6b61e3.jpg

although yeah the draft stuffed up for us too. some players had their full 22 players picked by round 19/20 of the draft. not sure how that works.

Anyone tried trading yet?

I've got Kochitscke as a Fwd so I figure he may have some currency to someone else as a Ruck.

Is it possible to trade him for a Mid or can you only do swaps in the same position?

Arrgh - what a stuff up the drafting system was. First of all the Wish List needs to be 220 players long (or longer turns - 2min?) - else when it locks up during your turn (which it did for me each time from Rd 10 onwards) at least you get a decent player - instead of nothing. It was all the little team logos next to every team that slowed everyting down to a stage where it wouldn't refresh after my pick - since I was in position 10, I got two in a row. So I got a pick from round 9 every 2nd round of picks!

So, by the end of it I was 7 players short. Went in to pick those players after the drafting and my backs all were wiped. luckily no-one was quick enough to spot C.Cornes (pick 10!), Mackie, etc - so I could grab them back fortunately.

Anyone tried trading yet?

I've got Kochitscke as a Fwd so I figure he may have some currency to someone else as a Ruck.

Is it possible to trade him for a Mid or can you only do swaps in the same position?

You can do as many trades from the pool as you want 'til the first Lockout. Did a swap with the pool defenders. Also grabbed back all my Defenders that I drafted - which the program cleared off my team. Grrr. Lucky I was quick enough to get them back! Haven't tried trading with anyone else though.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Premium Dream Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back