AFL Queensland - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicka,

Just on arrogance I got a report through the week that the Sharks brains trust had a couple of their star imported and current selected Qld players practicing their goal kicking at half time last Saturday at MT Gravatt, I know what I would have told the coach, but then again being paid big bucks will compell you to do almost anything (what a joke), if the report was right, these players in question were both on AFL lists not long ago.

Not sure wat your getting at, wether its having a go at southport or not, but the one in question was 1 goal 5 up until half time and went on to kick 7 goals 5. Ignoring the fact that he chose to do the practice, id say it was a pretty good idea.

Drama 5

Practise, does this not happen at training and as part of the warm up. Did they choose too or were they told too as part of their employment, I thought that the half time break was just that, most players are knackered by half time, that is if they are giving it 100% they then use this break to have rest, the Sharks coaching staff might as well not get these boys to training through the week, just work on the points letting them down at the breaks on game days, If the above is true as I got the mail second hand sounds like it is, then in my opinion this is where the arrogance comes from and it shows a lack of respect to their opponents and the game, was I having a go at the Sharks - thats for you to work out, players that have been on AFL lists as recently as last year that have to practice goal kicking through the breaks at this level come on, I dont think I have heard about this happening in the past with players of this elk comming back to a State League level but maybe I am wrong and it has, I guess for mine, it just gets down to what % of the salary cap they are getting as most coaches would put the poor kicking to half time down to a bad day in the office.

top 5 - southport, labrador, morningside, mt gravatt, thunder
premiers - southport
grogan medal - cameron illett

Top 5 is southport,morningside,labrador,mt gravatt and redlands on %age.
Grogan medal is a tough one.gough from wise and clarke(labrador).illett very close.gilliland up there also
Panthers back to back over southport for premiers.

Southport Vs Lions
Vultures Vs Thunder
Redland Vs Aspley
Broadbeach Vs Western Magpies - now or never
Morningside Vs Labrador - No Lillico or Shelton. Damien Evans will start, bloke still sleeps with the lights on.

This weekend tips

Southport v Lions (Southport by 100)
Mt Gravatt v Thunder (Thunder)
Redlands v Aspley (Redlands)
Morningside v Labrador (Labrador - no nugget)
Broadbeach v Magpies (Broadie - Magpies never !!)

This weekend tips

Southport v Lions (Southport by 100)
Mt Gravatt v Thunder (Thunder)
Redlands v Aspley (Redlands)
Morningside v Labrador (Labrador - no nugget)
Broadbeach v Magpies (Broadie - Magpies never !!)

OB thinks ThunderDoc is a smart person

Southport v Lions
Mt Gravatt v Thunder
Redlands v Aspley
Morningside v Labrador
Broadbeach v Magpies

Has one of those players moved on to another club this week?

not that i have heard but on the team list on todays aflq website,aspley's sean tighe has been named in both aspleys and vultures squads.One of the culprits has been internally suspended,one is named and the other has been named but in doubt with black eyes

Lions vs southport. Southport
mt gravatt vs nt. Vultures
Aspley vs redlands. Redlands
broadbeach vs magpies. Broadbeach
morningside vs labrador. Morningside in there pink jerseys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drama 5

Practise, does this not happen at training and as part of the warm up. Did they choose too or were they told too as part of their employment, I thought that the half time break was just that, most players are knackered by half time, that is if they are giving it 100% they then use this break to have rest, the Sharks coaching staff might as well not get these boys to training through the week, just work on the points letting them down at the breaks on game days, If the above is true as I got the mail second hand sounds like it is, then in my opinion this is where the arrogance comes from and it shows a lack of respect to their opponents and the game, was I having a go at the Sharks - thats for you to work out, players that have been on AFL lists as recently as last year that have to practice goal kicking through the breaks at this level come on, I dont think I have heard about this happening in the past with players of this elk comming back to a State League level but maybe I am wrong and it has, I guess for mine, it just gets down to what % of the salary cap they are getting as most coaches would put the poor kicking to half time down to a bad day in the office.

i believe it was by choice and he was doing it cause he was having trouble adjusting to the wind. Which i dont think is arrogant, just smart. And hes a full forward that plays out of the goal square so the half time breaks rest isnt as important as it is to midefielders. in regards to the salary cap i am in complete agreeance and they arent helping any of the young kids out by throwing their money around.

not that i have heard but on the team list on todays aflq website,aspley's sean tighe has been named in both aspleys and vultures squads.One of the culprits has been internally suspended,one is named and the other has been named but in doubt with black eyes

Seems to be a typo (or tighe-po) Chikka. Can only name eight on a bench and Tighe would make nine. Coincidence???

Chikka thinks it's no Pratt - no Vultures! Is there no-one else to get the hard footy other than Tommy T? (2009 GF) :D

On yesterdays performance from the vultures the answer is a NO.Coach Lake said at presentations they have to win 5 of 7 games at least to make finals.With Pratt,Vearing and Tarrant to come back,on paper they should qualify but it is a big should on performance of yesterday.How did Shane Morrison ever play afl footy.Big Fev chases harder than Morro and that says a lot.Good to see x eagle players in james,schultz and ash evans receive awards from lake

Cam Illett was sensational yesterday.He didnt arrive in Brisbane til 8am sat morn after his midnight departure from Darwin was delayed.He should be in the afl system.Give him all 6 grogan medal votes umpires.Had some friends in his brother and Cam Roberts.Watch out if they finish 4th as the 5th placed side gets to play them in Darwin.As soon as the siren went Zephi Skinner and Brad P did backflips for about 20 metres.

Hope ThunderDoc new the team song

Must have been a good team bonding session for Aspley sat night.A handful of players in a fight,with each other.One player copped a hiding by all reports

Didnt hurt them. Thought they showed plenty of spirit yesterday. Redlands looked likely to run away with it early but the Hornets were lucky to be as close as they were as 1/4 time. Hornets hung on and weathered the storm very well and were way to good in the last 1/4 going to the scoring end.

Bryce Carroll has some silky skills.

Didnt hurt them. Thought they showed plenty of spirit yesterday. Redlands looked likely to run away with it early but the Hornets were lucky to be as close as they were as 1/4 time. Hornets hung on and weathered the storm very well and were way to good in the last 1/4 going to the scoring end.

Bryce Carroll has some silky skills.

carroll and shir were great yesterday. Toye is having a great season, could be a chance to be rookied next year. but i might be a bit biased.

.How did Shane Morrison ever play afl footy.Big Fev chases harder than Morro and that says a lot.
Hope ThunderDoc new the team song

Spot on comment. Morro and all the Vulture bigs were off. Reckoned they were more man concious than the hard ball. Wondered if Cam Roberts "chat" with Morrison at 1/4 time had anything to do with it

Spot on comment. Morro and all the Vulture bigs were off. Reckoned they were more man concious than the hard ball. Wondered if Cam Roberts "chat" with Morrison at 1/4 time had anything to do with it

A team mate of morros said he shit himself with the "chat".

More disciplined team from labrador too good for the pink panthers today.Tight until last qtr where tigers talls dominated.

Last year afl clubs picked number of png kids.They should sign up stanus susuve asap.B better than the lot of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back