AFL R11

Remove this Banner Ad

only thing saving me is another bet on the rugby so guess it could be worse
If it makes you feel better, an Essendon win still won't make up for my losses from Thursday night's game

Equally spineless

This - Blues proving yet again it is close to impossible to bet on gutless teams who do not give a shit and simply go out there to collect a pay check.

I'm not bitter though.

This - Blues proving yet again it is close to impossible to bet on gutless teams who do not give a shit and simply go out there to collect a pay check.

I'm not bitter though.

This might sound stupid, but they actually played pretty well today.
If you watched the game, you can't be that hard on them.

This is coming from someone who lost 8U on them today and watched the whole game.

And coming from someone who had 1st Half: Richmond/Essendon Under 84.5.
Essendon kicked 2 goals in the last 33 seconds and the 1st Half Score ended on 85.

And coming from someone who had 1st Half: Richmond/Essendon Under 84.5.
Essendon kicked 2 goals in the last 33 seconds and the 1st Half Score ended on 85.
You're kidding? Wow, that's some luck :(
I'm having a no betting round since I lost so bad on Thursday. I have to find my own 'specialty' I guess. Not having much luck with anything.

1U - Port -36.5 @ $2 (Betstar)
1U - Carlton HT/FT Double @ $1.82 (Betstar)
1U - Carlton -3.5 1st Quarter @ $1.95 (Bet 365)
.5U - Carlton -13.5, Crows -7.5, Hawks -68.5 @ $6.33
1U - Saints > Brisbane Total Points @ $2.80 (Centrebet)

1.5U - Richmond Over 79.5 @ $1.95 (Bet 365)
1U - Richmond +7.5 / Match Total Over 165.5 @ $3.68 (Bet 365)

1U - Goddard > Cotchin Disposals @ $2 (Centrebet)

Probably my worst day betting ever.

RTD 3-0-10, -6.26U

tonights bets:
EDIT: 2u Ess over Rich @ 1.7 Win
1u total points under 172 @1.88 win
1u Ess over 90.5@1.88 win
1u Watson over goddard SC @ 1.75 ?
1u heppel over 107.5 @ 1.5 loss

not too bad of an evening.

i think i'll end of losing the watson over goddard after scaling

You're kidding? Wow, that's some luck :(
I'm having a no betting round since I lost so bad on Thursday. I have to find my own 'specialty' I guess. Not having much luck with anything.

No joke. It was even posted before the game, check my bet tracker.

Probably my worst day betting ever.

RTD 3-0-10, -6.26U

A lot worse for me. Just hoping for the round to end but I've already taken heaps of bets earlier in the week on the remaining games.
Have to ride it out and not do anything stupid.

This might sound stupid, but they actually played pretty well today.
If you watched the game, you can't be that hard on them.

This is coming from someone who lost 8U on them today and watched the whole game.

Your kidding mate - they just lost to a team that had previously won 1 game all year - and where 16 points up with 10 minutes to.

That loss is COMPLETELY unforgivable. NO MORE EXCUSES.

taking it real slow this week due to the free fall of last week, done ok, so continuing the sportsbet arb shots
2u freo @ 1.15 sportsbet
2u adelaide @ 1.58 sportsbet
1.2u GC @ 2.66
2u north @ 2.32 sportsbet
2.76u west coast @ 1.68

2U - Scott Thompson Over 27.5 Possessions @ $1.90 (Centrebet)

Has averaged 30.5 a week for the last 6 week since he found his form. Has 34,51,39,30 and 21 possessions in the game against GC since 2011 at an average of 35 in those games.

1U - Dion Prestia Over 102.5 DT @ $2.15 (Luxbet)

Averages 99 this year but is in good form at the moment. Actually had 42 touches for 157 DT points against the Crows last year.

1U - Matthew Pavlich Over 2.5 Goals @ $2.25 (Luxbet)

Paying around $1.50 on most other agencies so there is a heap of value. This year the Dogs have let the best KPF kick: Lynch(4), Frawley(2), Daniher(1), Jenkins(3), Henderson(5), Cameron(3), J.Riewoldt(4), Petrie(2) and Darling(4)/Kennedy(2).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those that liked the Griffen 25 and 30+ last week can have another crack this week. Obviously Crowley is likely to go to him but I don't think he actually kept many to under 20 touches this year. Have taken Griffen over 24.5 at $2.45 and Libba over 24.5 at $1.89 as I expect at least one of them to get that. Took them both 30+ as well at $5.40 and $8.40. Even $490 isn't the worst for Griffen to get $40+ considering he did it twice last year and once the year before.

Your kidding mate - they just lost to a team that had previously won 1 game all year - and where 16 points up with 10 minutes to.

That loss is COMPLETELY unforgivable. NO MORE EXCUSES.

You understand then why I punched myself in the face when the Crows lost to the Blues last week.:(

Blues have gang r*ped me in 2014.:eek:

Somehow have gone 3/4 from DT and 4/4 from SC bets this round. Shame I've given most of it back on rushed bets right before a match starts. Need to learn to just stay away and be confident in my early week research.
Hopefully everyone can have a good day tomorrow and recover some losses.

So far I have:
0.5U Johnson Under 88.5 DT @ 1.87 (Luxbet)
0.5U Barlow over Mundy SC @1.85 (Sportsbet)
0.5U Cooney under 90.5 DT (Luxbet)

1U Hawthorn -69.5 @ 1.90 (Ladbrokes)
0.5U Hawthorn 100+ @ 4.90 (Ladbrokes)
0.5U Hawthorn HT -31.5 @ 1.86 (Ladbrokes)
0.5U Hodge under 102.5 SC @ 1.87 (Sportsbet)
0.25U GWS First to score @ 3.00 (Ladbrokes)

and a couple of pending multis:
1U Coll-15.5, Port-15.5, Freo-15.5, Hawks-40 @ 2.84
0.36U Port-15.5, Freo-15.5, Hawks-68.5 @3.54

Last edited:
How is this weeks Sportsbet special! (If team lead at any change you get refund) ... I took ESS 1.70, suns 2.49 and north 2.25

Max bet is 100 for this who haven't seen it ...

i forgot that i put on a bet on ADL / GC earlier in the week and backed the other team on friday after a few beers...

so i got
3u ADL h2h @1.75 (sportsbet promo)
2u GC h2h @ 2.15
so i guess i want ADL to win a qtr and GC to win the game. not sure how happy sportsbet will be with that though...

on the wbd v freo i have
2u Freo -32.5 @ 1.92
2u barlow over 110.5 SC @ 1.9
1u barlow over mundy sc @ 1.9

haw v GWS
2.2u hawks -71.5 @1.9
1u Hodge over 102.5 @ 2

WC v North
2u north h2h @ 2.35
.5u North over 81.5 @ 1.88
.5u total points under 171.5 @1.88
1u harvey under 108.5 SC @ 1.65

edit: added 2u for freo @ line

Last edited:
Brisbane straight up and at the line for me. Dog of the week.
When punters make statements about odds being too good to be true, they usually are. Carlton squarely in this category this week.

Hope I don't come undone backing another dog in gold coast today.

When punters make statements about odds being too good to be true, they usually are. Carlton squarely in this category this week.

Hope I don't come undone backing another dog in gold coast today.

That's true. But easy to say in hindsight.

For example, If I see a team that is priced at $1.20 and my numbers say they should be $1.10, then I will go big on it (Max 5U bets for me). Will probably spread them across a few multi's, or play the line.

If it doesn't come off, it doesn't come off, only got myself to blame.

The flip side to that is not taking bets even though you think it is good value, because 'odds [are] too good to be true'.
May as well stop betting them if you don't want to back what you think is value.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL R11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back