AFL R5

Remove this Banner Ad

North vs Coll

Its at the MCG if it was at Etihad id be much more confident in the roos.

Same here, definitely would have taken the Roos the odds would have been interesting for the bookies to frame. Surely that has been a decisive factor in the way the books have framed the markets.

Taking the Dons to win by 60+ @ $2.75 at Tatts. On sporting bet it's $2.25. Just think Dons should cover 60 pretty easily. Easiest game of the season and bomber will have the Dons up and about after last week's sloppy second half against Freo. Even if they take the foot off the gas in the last, doesn't necessarily mean the saints will score much

Early multi before a few of these lines change.

Richmond (-23.5) - Richmond have been pretty poor but i think they will get the job done well and notch up their 2nd win, they have a good record against Brisbane at the Gabba and the Lions will be missing many key players.
North Melbourne H2H - North seemed pretty good value at 2.00 H2H so i added them, pretty decent record against the pies in the last couple seasons.
All of the team is in great form and should be up for this one, set to regain Ziebell from injury as well.
Only worry for me is our 6 day break vs. the Pies 8 day break.
Gold Coast (-22.5) - The suns had Melbourne's measure last season, including an impressive win against them at the G.
I'm tipping that to continue as the Suns have heaps of classy players and i don't think they will be able to contain Ablett.
Trengove is now out for the season for the Dee's as well.
Carlton (+12.5) - Happy to take the Blues with a headstart, could regain Judd this week and i expect them to bounce back and get their first win.

1u @ 14.15

Carlton (+12.5) - Happy to take the Blues with a headstart, could regain Judd this week and i expect them to bounce back and get their first win.

I will be interested to see how you are feeling Sunday morning. :p

Possibly a nice 13.15U profit awaits on the basis of the current second bottom team winning. I like all your other selections.:thumbsu:

I will be interested to see how you are feeling Sunday morning. :p

Possibly a nice 13.15U profit awaits on the basis of the current second bottom team winning. I like all your other selections.:thumbsu:

I must be crazy they stuffed up my multi last week, i guess my reasoning is they aren't quite as bad as they seem at the moment and are due to show some heart!

I think they should bring back Waite and Garlett, despite their capitulation against Essendon they really didn't have a target to kick to against the Dee's.

Working on another multi for the other games as well, will be interesting to see how much the line blows out for the Saints as the Bombers have a 6 day break coming back from Perth in 30 degree heat and a virus has gone through the club this week.
Think they will win but if the line goes out to give the Saints around a 55 point headstart i might add that to a multi.

This week, I like

Brisbane at $3.870 (Bet 22.0% of pot)
Melbourne at $3.480 (Bet 18.0% of pot)

and while we don't seem to win betting on away teams, last week we would have made money on the Kangaroos and Melbourne. So here are the away bets as well:

St Kilda at $7.710 (Bet 15.0% of pot)
Greater Western Sydney at $5.100 (Bet 2.0% of pot)
Carlton at $2.750 (Bet 13.0% of pot)

Lines haven't been posted yet.

Full round predictions at AFLpredictions.wordpress.com, and I've dabbled in twitter at @AFLpredictions.

If we play like we did against Port and Sydney the Pies won't stand a chance.
I think the likes of Dal Santo, Harvey, Wells, Cunnington and Ziebell will give them headaches.
I can see Scotty Thompson getting the job done on Cloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be backing North in that game, love the way they are running out games so far this year and they seem to have tightened up a bit more and are harder to score against. They just look more defensively minded all over the ground. The win over Sydney who they had not beat in 7 games would have given them a lot of confidence.

Richmond
Freo -5.5
Ess over 15.5
Port -2.5
Adelaide over 15.5
Gold Coast

$9.55

Can't trust Richmond even if Brisbane are missing half their side
Don't think essendon will dominate given the hot conditions last week, teams have been struggling on the next round I think.
And I no Gold Coast should beat Melbourne easy but I'm still seeng Melbourne as an unknown with key forwards playing so just playing it safe

Fair enough, it's their home game i suspect that's why they are paying 1.83
We go alright at the G though despite not playing there much.
Beat Collingwood there last year and lost to the Hawks narrowly at the G.
North dont play badly at the G, they just rarely play there

I remember doing the stats last year and North had only won a handful of games outside of Etihad (and Tassie) in the past 3-4 seasons.

Looks like they're turning it around, although I'm not sure how to take Sydneys form at the moment.

And yep was an impressive win in this fixture at the MCG last year.

I'll be backing North in that game, love the way they are running out games so far this year and they seem to have tightened up a bit more and are harder to score against. They just look more defensively minded all over the ground. The win over Sydney who they had not beat in 7 games would have given them a lot of confidence.

Really hard to get a form line for the roos v pies game.Roos beat Sydney but the swans are struggling.Pies downed the tiges,tiges are crap at the moment too.

Go back two weeks roos beat port,pies lose in a close contest at the 'G' to the cats.

Combine that close loss with the the pies midfield were getting back to help their defense last week,and it's at the MCG,pies will win this.

My other multi

Brisbane/Richmond - Over 181.5 Total Match Points
Collingwood/North - Over 177.5 Total Match Points
Sydney/Fremantle - Over 170.5 Total Match Points
St Kilda (+46.5)
Port Adelaide H2H

0.5u @ 24.88

My multi this week

Freo -5.5
Port H2H
Crows 40+ @$7.95

Might have a small go at Crows 60+. With Mumford out I expect big Sauce to absolutely dominate.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL R5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back