AFL Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney vs St Kilda unders look almost a sure thing to me. Cannot see the game going over 185.5 points.

St Kilda have a rock solid defence and won't concede too much. Sydney are too solid to be thrashed.

Sydney/St Kilda under 185.5 @ $1.45 or either team to win under 15.5 points @ $2.96 are both tempting me.

Knocked out of my 3 multi's at the first hurdle. Petterd had his chances but I'll try and avoid including Melbourne in my multi's fom now on!

Last night I had Geelong for the following:

The line 28.5 points - win
Over 15.5 points - win
Half/Fulltime Geelong - win
Ablett most disposals - win
Chapman most disposals - loss
Steve Johnson most goals - loss
Quarters Gee/Gee/Gee/Gee - loss
Geelong first to 25 points - win

Tonight I just have the one bet on:

Daniel Kerr most disposals @ $4.20

the others in his group are:

Dean Cox @ $3.60
Quinten Lynch @ $6.50
Shannon Hurn @ $7.00
Mitchell Clarke @ $15.00
Michael Rischitelli @ $16.00
Jared Brennan @ $7.00
Jed Adcock @ $6.00

After all his troubles of last year and with a lot to prove, as a player who when in full flight I consider to be in the top handful of midfielders in the league surely he's got this lot covered.

West Coast +21.5 @ $2.14

1 unit

Going to do something similar every week. :thumbsu:

So looking for odds of 22.00+, I came up with this for Round 1:

Carlton 1-39 LOSS
Geelong WIN
Hawthorn WIN
Swans/Saints Either Team Under 15.5 WIN
Brisbane 1-39 WIN

Got VERY close on the first round. 4 out of 5 legs get up, and if Richmond were just a little better I would had it.

Anyway, gives me the confidence that I will hit at least one of these this year.

Brisbane -39.5pts 2.2
StK 1-19pts 4.75
WB 1-19pts 4.25
=39.73 @ $16

2 down come on WB please do the right thing for me :))
Just working on a few savers atm. Any thoughts??

Ive done a multi of, carlton Win -hawthorn Win -geelong over 15.5 Win -sydney,stkilda either under 15.5 Win - adelaide@ $12.94 :thumbsu:

Just need adelaide to win now, dunno whether i should put a bet on freeo to win to guarantee i win money?? maybe freeo 1-39 @2.50?

my "free Money" tip of Syd +24.5/WCE +39.5 @ $1.92 was looking awful sick at one stage but it cashed so all's well that ends well.....

Brisbane -39.5pts 2.2
StK 1-19pts 4.75
WB 1-19pts 4.25
=39.73 @ $16

2 down come on WB please do the right thing for me :))
Just working on a few savers atm. Any thoughts??

I feel for you thats a tough one.

I would either look backing the Pies at the handicap ie. +7.5 so if the Dogs win by 7 points you collect similarly if the Pies win you collect as well. the concern is if the Dogs roll the Pies, so you would need to consider the dogs +19.5 points as well. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just need adelaide to win now, dunno whether i should put a bet on freeo to win to guarantee i win money?? maybe freeo 1-39 @2.50?

being the last game of the round, I deliberately avoided all and any bets involving this game.

freo win games when they should lose and lose games they should win.

Im biased as a Crows supporter but I get the feeling my club may be underdone for R1.

my "free Money" tip of Syd +24.5/WCE +39.5 @ $1.92 was looking awful sick at one stage but it cashed so all's well that ends well.....

Thats was a nice bet.:thumbsu:

I missed a trick not backing Sydney with the +24.5.

I had a feeling that the WCE could have been blown away.

At 3/4 qtr time at the GABBA your bet looked very safe, lol. Your lucky.:p

Would love people in here to offer advice about the Power V Roos game.

I think the R22 form can be thrown out given that Port were washed up by then.

Omissions for both are big but I thought NM losing Petrie is bigger loss.

Adelaide -6.5 @ $2.02
Kangaroos +15.5 @ $2

1 unit on each

I think Port to win under 39.5 might be the bet for this game.

Can't see either team winning by a lot, as North will fight the game out to the end under Scott as coach.

I''m like you though, I gave North a huge chance of an upset here until Petrie broke down, so I think that tips the ledger in favour of Port.

I'm not going to bet on this game by the way, as I'll be at the Collingwood game, but I would have backed Port under 39.5, and still might once I'm at the footy.:)

For me margin betting is rubbish.

I can think of nothing worse than the side you backed leading all game comfortably and then a point or a goal scored 'meaninglessly' after the siren which ruins your bet.

I am a straight win betting man.

Have had the 2 bets so far this round on Carlton and then into Geelong.

I don't do multi's as I prefer to do it manually so as you can withdraw from the bet if you like and take your winnings.

Will be getting on Brisbane for the win tonight.

Good luck people!

It was posted before the match :)

I'm looking at getting on Port for this, they should win at home even with their record against North being poor. Petrie is a huge out for them. Mattys tip of 1-39 does sound tempting.

I will probably just avoid the Crows game, bit worried about that one as we haven't had the best lead up to the game. I also hate betting when Freo are involved.

North Melbourne +15.5 for me in the wet, this will now be wet all day & Port have not been good in the wet the last few years.

Motlop & Gray are bad outs for port.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back