AFL Round 14 - Other Game Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sick of this club always letting us down in bye week.

We have to lose at some point. Would you rather be us failing to get up for a couple of scrub teams but winning all our top 8 clashes in a method and by margin to show we have the jump on our rivals - or the Western Bulldogs - bash all the bottom 10 teams but lose to their top 4 challengers...

Im happy with our spot. QB was disappointing - but in context, better to have a down week, mid year, before a rest - than in a game that truly matters.

We have to lose at some point. Would you rather be us failing to get up for a couple of scrub teams but winning all our top 8 clashes in a method and by margin to show we have the jump on our rivals - or the Western Bulldogs - bash all the bottom 10 teams but lose to their top 4 challengers...

Im happy with our spot. QB was disappointing - but in context, better to have a down week, mid year, before a rest - than in a game that truly matters.
Overall we need to keep some perspective. I didn't see us going 11-2 to the bye, with wins against all the other contenders we've faced. We're in a very good spot and if we can keep up similar form for the rest of the year should make top 4 comfortably.
Still some scope for improvement in the forward line, however. Need to work out our best mix soon.

What an awful round of footy (as last week was too), was hoping for a couple of upsets but it seems that crap teams are indeed crap.

What an awful round of footy (as last week was too), was hoping for a couple of upsets but it seems that crap teams are indeed crap.
The quality of bye round is typically shithouse.

The AFL try to hide shit games through the bye rounds knowing the tragics will still watch.

The AFL try to hide sh*t games through the bye rounds knowing the tragics will still watch.

I feel like you are implying something....

Yesterday was one of the most average Saturdays for footy for a long time. I suppose if Carlton had been living up to expectations that game might have been a good one to watch and I am just about ready to totally give up on the Suns.

The AFL try to hide sh*t games through the bye rounds knowing the tragics will still watch.
Too true. Yesterday was the worst Saturday for footy I can remember in a long while, and last Saturday's games were Freo v Suns and St Kilda v Crows. The scattering of the byes just makes for some ordinary rounds of footy, but it also shows the gulf of quality between the top 8 sides and the rest.

Too true. Yesterday was the worst Saturday for footy I can remember in a long while, and last Saturday's games were Freo v Suns and St Kilda v Crows. The scattering of the byes just makes for some ordinary rounds of footy, but it also shows the gulf of quality between the top 8 sides and the rest.
Especially when they hide the shit rating matches, which are typically teams like Freo, gws,gold coast etc.

That said, of the west coast Richmond game from last weekend was played Thursday night, we are all saying what an awesome week of footy with those 2 games Thursday/Friday.

Just do a blanket bye and be done with it.

If there has been one bonus, the quality of NBA games this weekend in the playoffs is absolutely insane.

Clippers comeback yesterday was out of this world, and the bucks/nets game then was everything youd want in a game 7. How the nets lost that, I'll never know.

If there has been one bonus, the quality of NBA games this weekend in the playoffs is absolutely insane.

Clippers comeback yesterday was out of this world, and the bucks/nets game then was everything youd want in a game 7. How the nets lost that, I'll never know.
Go to random chat thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Round 14 - Other Game Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back