MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024: This year really stinks

Remove this Banner Ad

Crazy to think this country is enduring a violence against women epidemic yet so many people think making rape and sexual assault jokes is ok.

Would heartily recommend discussing this topic with the women in your lives to gain a better understanding of why 'silly jokes' and dressing up as sexual offenders actually impacts them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Amazingly ignorant to think I and everyone who doesn't agree with you doesn't talk to women. You act like your high and mighty and then box everyone who doesn't agree with you into a box of being sexist which makes you as big a piece of shit as the people you think you're above.

For the record, not that you deserve it I've asked multiple girls about this and they don't give a **** cause I hang around with people with a sense of humor while you pretend to defend women.

Crazy to think this country is enduring a violence against women epidemic yet so many people think making rape and sexual assault jokes is ok.

Would heartily recommend discussing this topic with the women in your lives to gain a better understanding of why 'silly jokes' and dressing up as sexual offenders actually impacts them.

Was looking at photos of a NYE dress up party i hosted back in 2000 and there were a couple of mates dressed in black face paint. One was Neville the concrete aboriginal from Kingswood Country. This was pre-Adam Goodes era. I don't remember anyone being offended or even commenting. But times have changed and we have to change with them. Racism, terrorism and sexual violence is regularly in the news and is not at all funny in any way. Most people know someone who has been affected by these things one way or another. And yes, the AFL are constantly drumming it into the players about this stuff. It sure as hell is in my face all the time, so i can imagine the clubs and league are talking about these topics with the players.

People in their 20's aren't the final product of themselves. Young guys(and girls, particularly guys) make dumb decisions when they are young. Not a problem acknowledging that. I think I've said while the behaviour is very poor, i don't think anyone should be suspended over this. However, i agree with the AFL in being disappointed in the leaders at that club. I'm actually staggered not one leader spoke up and said that these topics and making fun of them is pretty appalling.

I feel this game is over hyped. He had a great game but I would say it was something special.

Just highlights I know it doesn't show much. But a goal from a blocking free. Second good mark in the pocket but shit defending from Geelong. He also almost missed from pretty close. His third was the best going back at the flight of the ball. Some nice work marks around the ground. Maybe I'm being too negative but not sure his game was special.

I guess he was 21. And it was a huge final in front of 90k. 24 possessions. 3 contested marks. 3 goals. He wasn’t Wayne Carey that night. But you can be excused for thinking he’d arrived.

TK having a mare trying to defend himself.

In saying that I am sick of people who are desperately looking for reasons to be offended and outraged (not talking about posters here but the community in general). Has been some good reasoning on the subject here.

The mistakes these boys made was 1. Making the assumption they had complete privacy at a catered venue. 2. Doing the skits/costumes where there is a chance anyone would see it. 3. Choosing skits/costumes that surely they would have known would offend people if they saw it.

What they did doesn’t offend me or Mrs Crim personally, but I sure as hell know tons of people I wouldn’t even try making humour of those subjects with. Whether it be through personal exposure to the subjects discussed or if they are the type who just like to be easily offended in behalf of others.

As an example, my mother died of cancer and making fun of cancer has been a coping mechanism I’ve used but I sure as eggs wouldn’t use it to cheer up people visiting a cancer ward. Saying something like ‘cancer is more than just a star sign’ won’t win any friends or get a laugh. Point is, if you’re doing something that you know will offend people make sure no who could be offended sees/hears it even if it’s supposed to be private.

Was what they did in bad taste? Yes. Is everyone who wasn’t there getting offended because the AFL and media told them what was said/done the way to go? No.

Last edited:
I guess he was 21. And it was a huge final in front of 90k. 24 possessions. 3 contested marks. 3 goals. He wasn’t Wayne Carey that night. But you can be excused for thinking he’d arrived.
Fair enough was exciting game for all melbourne supporters being the first final since 06.

I should add that my criticism wasn't at the fact that you thought he could be a player. Just a reflection that his game wasn't as good as it seems.

Amazingly ignorant to think I and everyone who doesn't agree with you doesn't talk to women. You act like your high and mighty and then box everyone who doesn't agree with you into a box of being sexist which makes you as big a piece of shit as the people you think you're above.

For the record, not that you deserve it I've asked multiple girls about this and they don't give a **** cause I hang around with people with a sense of humor while you pretend to defend women.

Nice melt

Absolute scientific fact that those who spout misogynistic language are more likely to lead to physical violence against women. Of course the vast majority of people who make a sexist joke won't end up being violent, but I think anything 'we' can do to minimise any chance of people thinking sexism etc is ok, the better.

Not to mention those who have endured sexual abuse seeing things like this. Must be mortifying for them.

It's the same thing of racism back in the day ... "it's only a racist joke" which was accepted for eons before people woke up to the damage words can have.

I used to absolutely make and laugh at racist/sexist jokes but I've just educated myself, listened to those who it impacts and tried to do better.

Remove this Banner Ad

MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024: This year really stinks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back