AFL Round 15

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe so but Geelong like to acknowledge their players when ever there's something to celebrate. Can't think of the last game they lost when a player was celebrating a milestone.
If they make a video on the Cats website then you know they are thinking about it.

Pretty sure Geelong lost James Kelly's 200th milestone game against Collingwood in 2012, apart from that the team has a good record in Milestone matches.

But they have won what ...90% of games in the last 5 years? It's hardly a damning stat that they would win most of these milestone games. Like banana said, completely irrelevant.

I personally think milestones are almost completely irrelevant in this day and age...

There are only a couple of times in recent history that I can remember there being a change in team morale - Sydney down at SS after Jarrad McVeigh's daughter passed away, and the Jason McCartney come back match.

Happy to be shown relevant stats to the contrary though.

Any reason everyone is off Gold Coast this week? Weren't exactly blown off the park by Adelaide, who are a better side than Brisbane.

I am too but I have no reason... what are your thoughts?

Same goes for Coll Carl, I think Coll will win, but just have no reasons why.

I believe Carlton will win, so i differ from you there.

As for reasoning - Stevie J is the biggest out for the Cats, along with Chapman and others. The time has to come sometime when this winning streak the Cats have will end, this is the perfect opportunity for the Hawks to display their dominance against an outfit that I believe has over-achieved this year.

I believe Carlton will win, so i differ from you there.

We have really nothing to base on this, it is a toss of the coin game. Both teams in average/poor form.

As for reasoning - Stevie J is the biggest out for the Cats, along with Chapman and others. The time has to come sometime when this winning streak the Cats have will end, this is the perfect opportunity for the Hawks to display their dominance against an outfit that I believe has over-achieved this year.

I agree with you on all counts but the Hawks arent full strength either. Anyone Im going to the game so Ill have a few dollars on the Hawks just to get me into the game.

Stevie J didn't play round 1 either and the Cats didn't have a proper ruck like they do now. They are much stronger than the Round 1 team with plenty of options on who to pick.

I reckon the last few times we've heard 'this is the perfect chance for the Hawks to over come the streak' but they keep losing anyway. Chappy out is probably the biggest differential this time around.

Maybe it's the blue & white glasses but i reckon the Cats will do it again, Hawthorn will choke and it'll be the start of their wobbles as the Buddy to GWS rumors crank up heading into Sept.

Statistically Geelong has beaten better opponents this year than the Hawks:

Are Hawthorn really in better form than us though? True, they've won more games than us, but look at who they've played compared to us thus far this year:

Geelong
Hawthorn (1st, 12 wins), Essendon (3rd, 10 wins), Sydney (4th, 9 wins), Fremantle (5th, 9 wins), Richmond (6th, 9 wins), Port Adelaide (7th, 8 wins), Collingwood (8th, 8 wins), Carlton (9th, 6 wins), North Melbourne (12th, 5 wins), Gold Coast (13th, 5 wins), Brisbane (14th, 4 wins), Western Bulldogs (16th, 3 wins), GWS (18th, 0 wins)

Our opponents have won a total of 88 games thus far this year, and have an average position of 8.9.

Hawthorn
Geelong (2nd, 11 wins), Sydney (4th, 9 wins), Fremantle (5th, 9 wins), Collingwood (8th, 8 wins), Carlton (9th, 6 wins) West Coast x2 (10th, 6 wins), Adelaide (11th, 6 wins), North Melbourne (12th, 5 wins), Gold Coast (13th, 5 wins), Brisbane (14th, 4 wins) Melbourne (17th, 2 wins), GWS (18th, 0 wins)

Their opponents have won a total of 77 games this year, and have an average position of 10.2.

We've also played everyone else in the top half of the ladder at least once this year. Hawthorn are still to play Essendon, Richmond and Port Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all, interested to hear what you guys think about this multi, it is an 8 leg multi but extremely safe. Will it get up or is 8 legs pushing it too much?

Pies +28.5
WB win
NM +40.5
GC +40.5
WCE +32.5
Cats +32.5
STK +70.5
PTA +52.5
Multi paying $5

Early markets
Low score
St kilda $3.50 tab ( waiting for other books) I will b happy with $4

High score
Plenty of value this week such as
Geelong $15
Carlton $26
And a couple others ...

Input guys ...

Bulldogs at -29.5 looks good imo. GWS losing margin is 70 points and closest game is 30pts to Sydney in Round 1. After last week, the dogs will be switched on and hopefully be too good.

Bulldogs at -29.5 looks good imo. GWS losing margin is 70 points and closest game is 30pts to Sydney in Round 1. After last week, the dogs will be switched on and hopefully be too good.

Yup, I agree. Bulldogs at the line looks solid, I don't see GWS getting close, or is their "grand final" match again?:rolleyes:

I also like the Eagles. Adelaide haven't impressed me and west Coast have been quite competitive in most games and will be going as hard as they can at this one as last chance for finals you'd think. Other games I wanna stay away from, although might back the Hawks to (finally) break the curse and use the Centrebet money back special (Hawks over 90 points and lose $$ back)

Asking for some input from others here.
From other people's experience, am I any chance of scoring a bonus bet if I deposit into an account that I haven't touched in a while (3 months or so)

Just hit them up on the chat and see if they will give you anything. Worst that can happen is they say no.

Hi all, interested to hear what you guys think about this multi, it is an 8 leg multi but extremely safe. Will it get up or is 8 legs pushing it too much?

Pies +28.5
WB win
NM +40.5
GC +40.5
WCE +32.5
Cats +32.5
STK +70.5
PTA +52.5
Multi paying $5
You would think it would all be ok but it could be all over on the first leg if Carlton get the better of the Pies. When Collingwood lose this year they lose big.

We have really nothing to base on this, it is a toss of the coin game. Both teams in average/poor form.

I agree with you on all counts but the Hawks arent full strength either. Anyone Im going to the game so Ill have a few dollars on the Hawks just to get me into the game.

Really? Carlton have been within a couple of goals of Hawthorn, Sydney & Essendon in the last month. Collingwood have been smashed by Port, won unconvincingly against the Dogs and smashed Melbourne. I'd say Carlton would be in the top 5 form teams in the competition right now. Collingwood don't deserve to be 2 games ahead in 8th and I have no doubt that Carlton will bring that back to one this week and be past them by the end of the year unless things change quickly down there. Injury's are killing them and they just won't make the finals while guys like Kennedy, Williams, Dwyer are best 21. I wouldn't be surprised to see Carlton win by 40-50.

*That's not to say their kids are no good, they are but right now they need Beams and co firing to be a chance to even play finals because they will start to drop off at years end and things will only get worse.

Really? Carlton have been within a couple of goals of Hawthorn, Sydney & Essendon in the last month. Collingwood have been smashed by Port, won unconvincingly against the Dogs and smashed Melbourne. I'd say Carlton would be in the top 5 form teams in the competition right now. Collingwood don't deserve to be 2 games ahead in 8th and I have no doubt that Carlton will bring that back to one this week and be past them by the end of the year unless things change quickly down there. Injury's are killing them and they just won't make the finals while guys like Kennedy, Williams, Dwyer are best 21. I wouldn't be surprised to see Carlton win by 40-50.

*That's not to say their kids are no good, they are but right now they need Beams and co firing to be a chance to even play finals because they will start to drop off at years end and things will only get worse.

I think carlton will win :(

Winning form is good form.

See the Kangaroos 2013 for a prime example... I don't care if you play well and lose, the 4 points are all that count. Also Richmond 2012, same story.

You cant say a team is "in good form" if they are getting close to beating good teams IMO.

Top 7 form teams are;

Hawthorn
Freo (1 loss in how many games?)
Geelong
Essendon
Richmond
Port
Sydney

There's daylight between them and the rest of the competition - in terms of form.

Winning form is good form.

See the Kangaroos 2013 for a prime example... I don't care if you play well and lose, the 4 points are all that count. Also Richmond 2012, same story.

You cant say a team is "in good form" if they are getting close to beating good teams IMO.

Top 7 form teams are;

Hawthorn
Freo (1 loss in how many games?)
Geelong
Essendon
Richmond
Port
Sydney

There's daylight between them and the rest of the competition - in terms of form.

So two games makes form?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Round 15

Remove this Banner Ad

Back