AFL Round 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting sportsbet have all their lines up for each game but the Coll/Rich game now

This is why:

Sportsbet-PiesvTigersline.jpg

Someone at Sportsbet is going to get their ass chewed out.

I got on the -4.0 line with all I had in there, then proceeded to email everyone I knew that likes a punt...

Came back to have a second bite and it was gone.

I didn't even see the $6.20 for 40+, I was just tripping over myself to take the line.

Bet is still pending in my account, looks like they are going to let it ride, for anyone that was lucky enough to get on!

I am surprised no one here has mentioned it yet, usually well populated forums don't miss this kind of thing.

Spoke too soon, bet now taken off.

I deposited the money off my credit card to get on too, and they don't allow you to withdraw money deposited via credit card until it is turned over once.

Will be fighting this one, at the very least to be able to withdraw the funds again.

Talk about a shifty operation being run down at sportsbet... offer a bet you know the punters will smash and deposit money as quickly as possible to get on (credit card), then cancel the bet and not allow them to withdraw the money unless they turn it over once. Not a great look.

I deposited the money off my credit card to get on too, and they don't allow you to withdraw money deposited via credit card until it is turned over once.

Will be fighting this one, at the very least to be able to withdraw the funds again.

Talk about a shifty operation being run down at sportsbet... offer a bet you know the punters will smash and deposit money as quickly as possible to get on (credit card), then cancel the bet and not allow them to withdraw the money unless they turn it over once. Not a great look.
LOL, it was a clear mistake, any bookmaker will cancel similar obvious errors, especially if you smash it and then tell everyone you knwo to smash it too

How's that possible? Surely if your account is verified then you can withdraw that money straight back out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quick guys, get him! Roarrrr

I also took them for $10 'pick your own line' Bombers over 50 points v the Saints on the weekend. I thought Essendon -49.5 @ $1.92 should have been the line, but they were paying $10...

Should I be expecting a call back on that one as well, it was hell obvious to me that the Saints were going to get slammed.

Quick guys, get him! Roarrrr

I also took them for $10 'pick your own line' Bombers over 50 points v the Saints on the weekend. I thought Essendon -49.5 @ $1.92 should have been the line, but they were paying $10...

Should I be expecting a call back on that one as well, it was hell obvious to me that the Saints were going to get slammed.
If you really can't see the difference then.. wow.

How's that possible? Surely if your account is verified then you can withdraw that money straight back out?

Just a rule they have, you can't withdraw money deposited via credit card until it is turned over once, as they incur credit card fees. And maybe people would use it as a way of racking up credit card points?

I have no problems with the credit card rule, nor them taking back bets for 'obvious' mistakes (thought it is pretty arbitrary in some cases).

I do have a problem with them offering a bet, allowing you to deposit funds and get on the bet, and then not allowing you to withdraw the funds you put in to take the bet after they cancel your bet. I am sure it will be resolved very shortly, because one could certainly paint a picture as to the TRUE motives behind their offering such a bet...

If you really can't see the difference then.. wow.

I can see the difference, but it still highlights how arbitrary the rule is in general, don't you think? I am sure in some circumstances it gets a whole lot greyer with regards to what is an 'obvious error' vs what is an 'obvious value bet to the astute punter'.

I can see the difference, but it still highlights how arbitrary the rule is in general, don't you think? I am sure in some circumstances it gets a whole lot greyer with regards to what is an 'obvious error' vs what is an 'obvious value bet to the astute punter'.
If you reckon a game's $1.50/$3 and every bookie has the $1.50 side between $1.80 and $1.90, then that's your value for your astute punter.

If you reckon a game's $1.50/$3 and every bookie has the $1.50 side at between $1.40 and $1.50 except one that has it at $5, then that's your obvious error.

Pretty clear to me which one of those two examples Collingwood -4.0 @ $2.10 falls into :rolleyes:

Just ring them and tell you deposited extra money especially for that bet, I'm sure they'll be very happy to accomodate someone who just tried to rip them a new one...

Just ring them and tell you deposited extra money especially for that bet, I'm sure they'll be very happy to accomodate someone who just tried to rip them a new one...

Yep, you'd be correct, money withdrawn.

Sensitive lot here, though I do have to remember it is the internets... indignation, grand standing and sarcasm rule!

I know bookies, as in the real ones that stand there with a bag and take cash and stuff, always take their medicine if they put the wrong odds up. What a shame the same doesn't apply to these t's and c's junky internet operators.

Worth a Krak anyhow!

Yep, you'd be correct, money withdrawn.

Sensitive lot here, though I do have to remember it is the internets... indignation, grand standing and sarcasm rule!

I know bookies, as in the real ones that stand there with a bag and take cash and stuff, always take their medicine if they put the wrong odds up. What a shame the same doesn't apply to these t's and c's junky internet operators.

Worth a Krak anyhow!
And offer $1.80 each of two?

you ****ing moron

I think this guy is smoking crack.

You can't honestly see what you did wrong? You took advantage of a bookies mistake for starters so how are Sportsbet being shifty when you are being shifty too? You think you're not shifty for doing that?

Secondly, if you took a mistake - why the hell would you tell your mates? That would;

a) draw the bookies to the error with an isane amount of money going on a market. Yes, they know all the money that goes on particular bets.

Whatever shit you're on, I want some.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Round 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back