AFL Round 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank god for Dahlhaus. My line was -20.5 and he kicked a point to put the margin to 21 with less than 30 seconds left. At least a couple of bets came through in a generally crap weekend.

Nice round for me, Essendon winning was a bonus, the only bad for me which wrecked a few multi's was Gold Coast getting pantsed , Didn't pick the freo win but had them at the line and picked every other winner. 4 from 4 for profit so far and looking fwd to rd 5.

WC HH

Hi-low - WC/Carl/Geel-GWS/Melb/NM

SC Hoping it's a congetsed game and not one for the forwards -Barlow v Pavlich, Hayes v Riewoldt, Sandilands v Dal Santo

DT Kennedy v Swallow 1.85
SC
Bolton v O'Keefe 1.97
Foley v Martin 1.9
Cross v Trengove 1.77

Very nice weekend, loving the SC/DT HH's at moment, have hit 16 of 17 in past 3 rounds

bets so far
2u carlton-37.5 @ 1.91
1u freo @ 3.15
2u brisbane-20.5 @ 2
1u geelong-31.5 @ 1.92
3u m johnson over fisher in DT @ 2.2
2u k cornes >87.5 in DT @ 1.8
2u dangerfield <2 goals DNB @ 1.87
1.5u west coast win @ 1.68

LOSS
WIN
WIN
LOSS
WIN
WIN
WIN
WIN
Round 4 +9.11u
YTD +19.54u

LOSS
WIN
WIN
LOSS
WIN
WIN
WIN
WIN
Round 4 +9.11u
YTD +19.54u

2 unlucky losses in that.

The blues before the game IMO would have covered that easily.

The Cats I dont think are the same team as they were in the finals. With that said I think they view the season as a marathon, and getting to a Top 4 finish is what they are all about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

blues was hardly unlucky, they got smashed :eek:
Geelong starting very slowly it seems. at least we got the win :)
Still cant complain
Well the Blues went in as raging favs.

Had a couple of early injuries and by the admission of a couple of players were about 10% of their game.

To be honest, I am glad I lost all my multi's because I had the Blue in all of them. I learnt a good lesson on Saturday.

There is no certainty in our game, lose a few players to injury before and during a game and have players of their game by 10% and your bet looks very shaky.

Carltons loss gave me an important reality check in re: betting. :thumbsu:

I did go chasing my losses that night, which arguably is the worst thing to do. Things panned out nicely in the end. But I regretted having to go down that path.

Nevertheless fierce rivalries need to be respected a lot more by me as a punter, I did not care or bother to invest the time to look at the Dons Blues match. :eek:

True, but at least you learnt from it, dont have all the eggs in one basket and dont chase losses, well you would have learnt that better had the chase lost ;)
Eventually I learned the lesson of no multies and no short odds as they just arent worth it. It's very rare that I back anything less than $1.7

True, but at least you learnt from it, dont have all the eggs in one basket and dont chase losses, well you would have learnt that better had the chase lost ;)
Eventually I learned the lesson of no multies and no short odds as they just arent worth it. It's very rare that I back anything less than $1.7

Multis have been profitable in the long term for me. But mainly backing things at low odds that I see as very strong chances, to bump total odds to $2-$3 instead of backing them individually at 1.30 - 1.50.

And I never multi more than 3 results together (other than special exotics like trying to pick each winner in the AFL round).

575316_3004698792677_1118582708_32063330_856112295_n.jpg

That was one shocking week, I don't think much could have gone worse (taking WC -5.5 was the real stinger) for me but happy to hear others got some cash from the books!

Rd 4: -3.319U

Season Total: + 7.825U

Onto Rd 5 and hoping for better things!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back