AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Gather round tickets have gone up for AFL members since last year.

Last year I got a 2 day pass for 4 AO games - $25
This year I got a 3 day pass for 4 AO games - $50

In fairness, last year's prices were an absolute steal.

My wife was absentee member last year and because of Ticketek taking over the AFL membership login there was a stuff up with her email address. So they posted her a letter welcoming her back to membership this year.

Interestingly in the letter they state that from now on they will only allow a member to go absentee for one year and my reading was that this would be across the life of the membership. So you go absentee once, that's it you can't elect to go absentee again. They said prior years before this came into effect would not be counted.

I'll try and scan a copy of the letter to upload here.

Here's the letter

20231213_101218.jpg

Interesting to see what impact this has on the waitlist. Absentee silver members have continued moving up the waitlist in past years so they may be less willing to pay the $500 a year just to hold their spot.

Here's the letter

View attachment 1870837

Interesting to see what impact this has on the waitlist. Absentee silver members have continued moving up the waitlist in past years so they may be less willing to pay the $500 a year just to hold their spot.
The same thing is happening with bronze membership. You will need to switch back to silver to keep moving up the waitlist.

Last edited:
The same thing is happening with bronze membership. You will need to switch back to silver to keep moving up the waitlist.
I have been Bronze for a few years now and have always moved up. Paid my waitlist fee when I was Silver. Do you have a link to the comms that say only Silver members get to move up in the waitlist?

11-year Silver member. Went up 1000 spots but still just over 6000 in the waitlist. I guess I've got 6-7 years left at this pace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been Bronze for a few years now and have always moved up. Paid my waitlist fee when I was Silver. Do you have a link to the comms that say only Silver members get to move up in the waitlist?
No link. They told me in an email when I was asked about changing to bronze and then a second person told me the same over the phone. But not till 2025.

Boxing Day test, Boxing Day.
Level 2 afl members bar and bunton bar only serving mid strength cans, nothing getting poured from the taps in both bars, first time this has happened in last 8 years I’ve been going.
Great northern cans $11.50, meat pie $6.40..
They’re taking the absolute p155 once again with those forking out for an afl membership.

And the excuse I got from an mcg employee was it was likely just to keep employee resourcing lower, less staff required if just providing cans
They wouldn’t even think about playing those games in the MCC. If they want to have an afl members exclusive bar selling mid strength, then at least discount the beer prices to afl members. No idea why the price of mid strength beer is the same as full (if it was available) in public areas, let alone members only bars. Also, re staffing - they could have had full strength cans in the level 2 bar if no beer on tap? It’s pathetic.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back