AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if they will be serving full strength beer in pots in the level 2 bar this year, was an absolute disgrace last year

Hi All,
I noticed today that the AFL members website has changed and you can no longer directly join as a silver member like i did back in 2018. When did they change to Bronze being entry level and a waitlist for Silver membership?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hi All,
I noticed today that the AFL members website has changed and you can no longer directly join as a silver member like i did back in 2018. When did they change to Bronze being entry level and a waitlist for Silver membership?

When they started siphoning off Members seats to give to Medallion club and other corporate partners

If an AFL Gold member enters their clubs Ballot, I know this rules them out of the AFL Members Priority 1 and 2.

If they are unsuccessful in their club Ballot, and the AFL Members sale get to silver, the Gold members that entered their club ballot are entitled to try for a ticket in the Priority 3 and 4 sales.

My question is, if a Silver AFL Member enters their club ballot and are unsuccessful, are they allowed to enter the AFL Members Priority 3 and 4 sale.

Last edited:

If an AFL Gold member enters their clubs Ballot, I know this rules them out of the AFL Members Priority 1 and 2.

If they are unsuccessful in their club Ballot, and the AFL Members sale get to silver, the Gold members that entered their club ballot are entitled to try for a ticket in the Peioeitt 3 and 3 sale.

My question is, if a Silver AFL Member enters their club ballot and are unsuccessful, are they allowed to enter the AFL Members Priority 3 and 4 sale.
Good question..

Hi All,

This year is the first year silver has sold out. I look forward to seeing the breakdown in the AFL annual report.

Not silver related, but does anyone know why AFL members can’t get access to any finals tix in Adelaide? Bar code was invalid when I tried to grab tix this morn, despite Ticketek saying Club/Ground/AFL members barcodes was eligible??
At a guess, you have to support a competing club.

Not silver related, but does anyone know why AFL members can’t get access to any finals tix in Adelaide? Bar code was invalid when I tried to grab tix this morn, despite Ticketek saying Club/Ground/AFL members barcodes was eligible??
Only for competing clubs

Ah ok. So only AFL members of competing clubs?
Even in in the home-and-away season having an AFL membership gets you mixed ability to get tickets in stadiums across the country - in fact it is only in Hobart that AFL members have access to tickets, and even being an away club supporter doesn't get you tickets in every stadium:

Anyone know the likelihood of PF tickets being available for bronze members?

The email says "bronze members may also be able to upgrade to a reserved seat at the guest pass price, subject to guest pass availability and capacity".

I am gold but some in my family are bronze so want to know if they're a chance at getting a ticket.

Anyone know the likelihood of PF tickets being available for bronze members?

The email says "bronze members may also be able to upgrade to a reserved seat at the guest pass price, subject to guest pass availability and capacity".

I am gold but some in my family are bronze so want to know if they're a chance at getting a ticket.

I would say high chance, but it really depends on how many corporates the AFL would like to come in.

Expect AFL members to get the full gamut of guest passes available which are as useful as Bronze anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would say high chance, but it really depends on how many corporates the AFL would like to come in.

Expect AFL members to get the full gamut of guest passes available which are as useful as Bronze anyway
Agree with this, two non-Melbourne sides playing at the G, should be some seats available.

I wonder if the fact that they sent us that survey with all the ridicolous questions about GF entitlements has anything to do with the later than usual upgrades this year.

I wonder if the fact that they sent us that survey with all the ridicolous questions about GF entitlements has anything to do with the later than usual upgrades this year.
"Later than usual" or "non existent"?

There are not going to be upgrades. Another year of seats sold off to Medallion club.
The AFL might regret it if we get an all interstate GF. A perfect opportunity to extract some more money from some members for a game that coukd have tickets for silvers.
If they want to shift to end of season upgrades only they may have a good argument, but how about some transparency? The AFL don't seem to realise they are not a private company and in fact a not for profit.

If they are unsuccessful in their club Ballot, and the AFL Members sale get to silver, the Gold members that entered their club ballot are entitled to try for a ticket in the Priority 3 and 4 sales.

Anyone know the answer to this

Hard to give an answer since silver with club support hasn't had access since 2015, but I would assume No since they do all of the AFL members sales on the same day.
The club ballot is done on the Saturday and Sunday. So a club member would know if they have a ticket or not, before the AFL silver tickets go on sale on the Monday.

Anyone know the answer to this
Rules change and a slightly different scenario (but may apply this year depending on Grand Finalists) but in 2019 I missed the club ballot. When GWS inevitably didn't sell their allocation, I purchased tickets in the subsequent sale using AFL barcodes but being treated as a Richmond member, i.e. it wasn't in the AFL reserve.

Gold upgrades may be limited the next 2 years due to them changing the absentee rules. From 2025 you can only have 1 year of absentee status for the life of your membership. This will flush all the current absentees out, some will give up their membership, some will reinstate to Gold. No idea how many there are.

Gold upgrades may be limited the next 2 years due to them changing the absentee rules. From 2025 you can only have 1 year of absentee status for the life of your membership. This will flush all the current absentees out, some will give up their membership, some will reinstate to Gold. No idea how many there are.
+15 years wait time!

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back