AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

That's not exactly spelt out in that tweet. An AFL membership is not a GA (club) membership.
No but it basically works the exact same for Marvel games as there is no defined AFL reserve to sell out to restrict walk ups. I've not had an issue scanning in on the day to "sell out" Marvel games, even ones I've walked in at half time.

No but it basically works the exact same for Marvel games as there is no defined AFL reserve to sell out to restrict walk ups. I've not had an issue scanning in on the day to "sell out" Marvel games, even ones I've walked in at half time.
Thanks for the information.
Does this meaning that as long as they have sold GA at Marvel, AFL members should be able to scan in?
I guess they could declare a match fully ticketed before any GA are sold and then we would miss out but I remember that ever happening.

Just do a search for tickets on Ticketmaster. All you will get us overpriced resale tickets.

That doesn't mean there are no GA walk ups.

Our memberships will be able to scan in on the day.

Yes. This is always the case unless it's a fully ticketed match, from memory.

The section on level one is two, sometimes just one, bay.

It's still a dedicated section.

Level three is GA. that is not an allocated AFL Members area. in fact, the first 10 rows are almost always for those pissy GA home club memberships on the top tier.

I'd rather them pen you into sitting behind the goals regardless of its Melbourne v GWS on a Sunday night or Bombers v St Kilda as long as it's an allocated AFL Members' area.

You'd rather sit in worse seats just for the privilege of sitting with other AFL members? Why?

Each to their own, but I'd much rather sit centre wing on L3 even if it is next to someone who bought a GA ticket.

You'd rather sit in worse seats just for the privilege of sitting with other AFL members? Why?

Each to their own, but I'd much rather sit centre wing on L3 even if it is next to someone who bought a GA ticket.
I don't care who I sit next to, it's more about the idea of allocation and assurance.

There's tens of thousands of AFL Members and there's two dedicated pays?

I'm not some whingey prick either, I like my membership but it's getting to a level where you're almost being actively discouraged for having it.

Also everyone knows centre wing is overrated and it's on the 50 arc that's the best angle.

There's tens of thousands of AFL Members and there's two dedicated pays?.

How many would you like there to be?

Add another bay, there’s still “tens of thousands of AFL members”, and only three dedicated bays.

Do we need to allocate the entire stadium for AFL members?

I think two bays plus access to just about anywhere else in the stadium - including most of the top level at no additional charge - is a reasonable compromise.

I think two bays plus access to just about anywhere else in the stadium - including most of the top level at no additional charge - is a reasonable compromise.
I don't. AFL membership is a premium membership. There should be a decent number of level 1 seats. But as I said I believe it is more than 2. In fact it is 8, which is probably reasonable.

I don't. AFL membership is a premium membership. There should be a decent number of level 1 seats. But as I said I believe it is more than 2. In fact it is 8, which is probably reasonable.

Yeah, I don’t recall how many it is. I don’t sit on L1. I took that poster at face value.

Perhaps it fluctuates by game?

8 is a significant chunk.

I couldn't even get standing room tickets, nothing came up at all. it's a rort that there're seats available but there's some sort of cap on AFL Members. don't the AFL own the entire venue? isn't that sort of your reward for paying for AFL Membership, stuff like this?
The membership has always been a pro-MCG membership even though seating at Docklands has improved a little for members.

But you're right...the AFL does own the stadium and I've always felt that at the very least they could improve the seating arrangements even more so for the club's that are tenants of that venue. ie more walk up seats, including some on level 2.

When I became a member, North was playing a portion of its home games at the MCG. Today however there's no way I've become a member and I expect the same sentiment from most fans who watch their team's home games at Docklands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The section on level one is two, sometimes just one, bay.

Level three is GA. that is not an allocated AFL Members area. in fact, the first 10 rows are almost always for those pissy GA home club memberships on the top tier.

I'd rather them pen you into sitting behind the goals regardless of its Melbourne v GWS on a Sunday night or Bombers v St Kilda as long as it's an allocated AFL Members' area.

Won't even go into how shit the AFL Members bar is at Marvel.

And I quite like Marvel for its accessibility, one-walk concourse (that's a term some marketer can steal) but it's really bang average for membership.

It'll get even worse when Tassie come in and the ground squeeze is like those tubed passatas. the appetite for football is massive and the population's going up and culture homogenises more and more.
L1 Aisles 9-17 are AFL reserve. There's some L2 AFL reserved seating(around aisle 40 I think) and L3 the AFL reserved seating around Aisle 13-17.

I've been an AFL member for 30 years this year, and since the MCG has been redeveloped, I have never scanned into any area other than gate 6 or 7.

I've sat in the Olympic a couple of times with friends tickets but never tried scanning in with my AFL membership.

Can I scan directly into General admission in the Ponsford or Northern Stand with my digital ticket?

I've been an AFL member for 30 years this year, and since the MCG has been redeveloped, I have never scanned into any area other than gate 6 or 7.

I've sat in the Olympic a couple of times with friends tickets but never tried scanning in with my AFL membership.

Can I scan directly into General admission in the Ponsford or Northern Stand with my digital ticket?
You can if your club if support is the home team. I don’t think so otherwise, but others may correct me.

I've done it a couple of times in some pretty odd circumstances – scanning back in, swinging by for a quarter on the way home, and once at a Richmond - Port game (or something).

Yeah for tomorrow you have to scan in thru gate 6 or 7 and then cross over when you're in the ground.
Problem is I can’t cross over into the Northern Stand because you have to go through the MCC members which is impossible. I don’t think you can cross from the other direction either (where the southern stand and Northern join up at the Punt Road end). Or can you?

Problem is I can’t cross over into the Northern Stand because you have to go through the MCC members which is impossible. I don’t think you can cross from the other direction either (where the southern stand and Northern join up at the Punt Road end). Or can you?
You can cross over into the public bit of the Shane Warne Stand, walk past the Punt road end goals and it takes you into the Olympic stand.

AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back