AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally I think the biggest issue is AFL members scalping (or giving away) their tickets to non-members or lower tiered members. They really don’t enforce the “non-transferable” aspect of the memberships much outside of token checks. Personally think that they should switch the photo ID like the MCC and maybe that will cut down on the swarm of non-competing golds rushing for tickets to onsell as the risk is bigger.
Agree 100%, this and the guest passes (for non-GF games) is the biggest issue, as well as offloading the best seats to Medallion Club, corporates and other club members. I filled out the survey today and mentioned this several times.

The other thing I keep mentioning in the surveys is that we should have access to seating on level 2 Docklands and not with a $40 upgrade fee or whatever it is now. This as well as the substandard facilities at the G when compared with MCC are my main gripes.

If they enforced the "non-transferable" rule, especially for finals/GF more actual members would be able to go, I have no doubt at all. Every year I know people who get in to the GF because they have a mate/relo who gives them their barcode. Good on them and it's great that those supporters get to witness their team play a GF in the flesh but it dikutes the membership for actual (gold non-club support) members.

I agree with the poster who said all the membership options they offered were shithouse and to be honest some of them didn't make sense especially when it mentioned the % chance of a GF ticket with the different ballot options. I did notice they had the membership fee at $700 so I presume a steep increase next year to recoup some of those COVID "losses". And who is fronting $1800 per year for a guaranteed GF ticket?? I would hope that includes the price of the ticket even then you're paying an extra $900+ dollars just to have a guaranteed ticket. I guess you could scalp it off for $2000 if you were that way inclined but that's a pretty steep ask. I wonder where that ticket would be, or if you would enter the club support on sale and just get out with a free ticket (no doubt after paying a booking fee).

I did the survey last night and wish I had of not sent it in because I just thought of a heap of feedback I wish I added.

Although if they take away the Gold guarantee and make it a ballot (I've already got priority 1 GF guarantee on my membership through the club) there would be no point of waiting to go gold because the biggest draw card has been eroded.

Would probably think about dropping the AFL membership if they did that
I would 100% drop the AFL membership and get a reserved seats club membership with GF guarantee. What's the point of AFL membership if you no longer get a guaranteed GF ticket if your club is playing?

You could ask AFL. If enough of us do it they might start listening.
Or they might kick you out.
They won't even reveal club support breakdown good luck getting anything out of them.

There is an AFL Members Association (AFLMA) who do meet with the AFL every year with an agenda and minutes etc. I joined them (free) last year by messaging the guy who runs it on Facebook and he added me to the email list. If anyone is interested PM me and I can give you the details to contact him and send you a copy of the minutes from the last meeting. They do seem to get fobbed off a bit at the moment but if more people join and make their frustration known they may be forced to take it more seriously. Couldn't hurt anyway.

I respect hierarchy. gold should come first. I was a Member from 2012-2017 and then jumped back on in 2023 when I moved back over but I understand I lapsed my membership and I'll never have a chance of Gold in my lifetime.

All I want:

• level two seating option and exclusive area at Marvel
  • crack down on the on-selling for MCG games
  • if the AFL stand was built by AFL Members' money, let us have first dip for stuff like Taylor Swift and other major events like the MCC have. why do we not get this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It really makes attaining gold pretty much worthless.

I've missed 2 GFs as Gold and it seems with ticketek I might never go again as a neutral.

I remember buying a ticket to the first Collingwood - Brisbane GF in 2002 as a Silver AFL member a few days after they went on sale as it wasn't sold out. Ah the good old days.

Well I'm about to change back to Hawthorn.

I'll let you know

I changed club support from Collingwood to No Club to the Kangas and then back to Collingwood and wasn't questioned about it at any time. Then again I was absentee for about 7 years during that time frame so maybe they didn't care.

As a Gold Member, going through that survey was horrible.

Any mention of a ballot just got me angry.

This is the whole reason I'm an AFL Gold Member, to get guaranteed Grand Final Tickets if my club is in the Grand Final, and have a pretty high chance to get tickets if my club isn't in it and to just go as a neutral.

Some changes I'd like to be seen is to prioritise club support, Gold and Silver to all finals, not just the grand final, then if there's any left over tickets, then have onsale to the rest of the AFL Members just like in the Grand Final. Could also get behind the idea of prioritising Club Support to big Home and Away Games, like Anzac Day, Collingwood vs Carlton etc, and to get rid of the sale of Guest Passes for these big Home and Away games.

If they don't change anything just for god please leave the Grand Final Ticketing System the way it is currently. If it get changed to a ballot I'm giving up my membership and I'll just buy a club membership

As a Gold Member, going through that survey was horrible.

Any mention of a ballot just got me angry.

This is the whole reason I'm an AFL Gold Member, to get guaranteed Grand Final Tickets if my club is in the Grand Final, and have a pretty high chance to get tickets if my club isn't in it and to just go as a neutral.

Some changes I'd like to be seen is to prioritise club support, Gold and Silver to all finals, not just the grand final, then if there's any left over tickets, then have onsale to the rest of the AFL Members just like in the Grand Final. Could also get behind the idea of prioritising Club Support to big Home and Away Games, like Anzac Day, Collingwood vs Carlton etc, and to get rid of the sale of Guest Passes for these big Home and Away games.

If they don't change anything just for god please leave the Grand Final Ticketing System the way it is currently. If it get changed to a ballot I'm giving up my membership and I'll just buy a club membership
The Trade off of getting a grand final guarantee for 2/3rds the price of going through Collingwood is that finals is accessible to everyone.

The Trade off of getting a grand final guarantee for 2/3rds the price of going through Collingwood is that finals is accessible to everyone.
Yeah that's fair, and honestly I'm fine with the way the process is currently.

I feel I'm lucky in the sense that I've never missed out on tickets. There is about 10 of us, all AFL Gold Members and we go to every Collingwood Home Game in Melbourne, with all 10 of us sitting together, and I've not once missed out.

Came close for the Collingwood Carlton game and got Row X in Q.

For the Grand Final we split our tickets 5 and 5 and sat Row A P21, which were the best seats we had all year.

If the process itself ain't broke don't fix it

Some changes I'd like to be seen is to prioritise club support, Gold and Silver to all finals, not just the grand final
Fair enough for club support silvers getting Prelim tickets over other silvers (but only after gold) since Prelims are not included at that level. Otherwise I disagree as we all pay the same so should have the same access. What you describe is almost the same as club membership so why have AFL membership?

Fair enough for club support silvers getting Prelim tickets over other silvers (but only after gold) since Prelims are not included at that level. Otherwise I disagree as we all pay the same so should have the same access. What you describe is almost the same as club membership so why have AFL membership?
Originally afl membership was free attendance to grandfinal . The vfl park members were offered membership . Only Melbourne an Richmond were home teams in 92 at the G . Great value for those supporters . Eventually other sides like Collingwood , Carlton , Hawks became based there . In 2010 collingwood supporters joined on mass .gold silver bronze was introduced .medallion club medallion , corporates , and high paying interstate members diluted the reserve capacity particular level 2 seats availability . Covid forced prepaid seats . Post covid still havent changed that in relation to getting prime seats. Not forgetting paying for grand final seats

Originally afl membership was free attendance to grandfinal . The vfl park members were offered membership . Only Melbourne an Richmond were home teams in 92 at the G . Great value for those supporters . Eventually other sides like Collingwood , Carlton , Hawks became based there . In 2010 collingwood supporters joined on mass .gold silver bronze was introduced .medallion club medallion , corporates , and high paying interstate members diluted the reserve capacity particular level 2 seats availability . Covid forced prepaid seats . Post covid still havent changed that in relation to getting prime seats. Not forgetting paying for grand final seats
Pretty much a good account of the capitulation to capitalisation

My view is they will get rid of new entries to the waitlist and also make membership more expensive/less enticing. That way as people drop off/pass away/get their MCC membership they can slowly reduce the capacity of the reserve and by extension the GF allocation to AFL members

Clubs will love it. AFL will put out a press release saying 'extra 250 seats per year per club over the next 20 years'

My view is they will get rid of new entries to the waitlist and also make membership more expensive/less enticing. That way as people drop off/pass away/get their MCC membership they can slowly reduce the capacity of the reserve and by extension the GF allocation to AFL members

Clubs will love it. AFL will put out a press release saying 'extra 250 seats per year per club over the next 20 years'
Wonder where it will land. 10K AFL members GF tickets in 5 years?

Always amazes me how the Gold membership is priced more than Silver with the only difference being week 3 of the finals and GF when if you’re lucky with Russian Roulette you need to fork out more for a ticket. Yet they don’t have the capacity for all Gold members who want to go so those people are paying more for their membership with no benefit.

But considering the AFL are a bunch of tight ass money grabbing vultures, it doesn’t come as a surprise.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back