AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I have done the survey. The option of reduced access to H&A games for a lower price is okay with me but only if we still have a waitlist to move to Gold and largely don't change the current arrangements to move to Gold.
I gave a lot of feedback like I always do, but they have never listened before.
I like your thinking. I wasnt really a fan of any of the packages. My wife goes for Carlton. My whole point of AFL membership is to eventually go to a GF with my wife, or at least have a solid chance of that. Sure if Carlton make it this year she can go on her own if she gets a ticket (10 years consecutive membership enters the Carlton ballot) same with me if the Hawks make it in the future. But together... Looks like the AFL will be cutting that out and that is disappointing.

I was open to giving people 10 years on the waitlist and club of support access to the GF if their team was playing at the same level of gold non club support. I think that is a bit reasonable.

Last edited:

I have done the survey. The option of reduced access to H&A games for a lower price is okay with me but only if we still have a waitlist to move to Gold and largely don't change the current arrangements to move to Gold.
My feedback was "whats the point, nobody listens" and "you are corporate pigs"

I like your thinking. I wasnt really a fan of any of the packages. My wife goes for Carlton. My whole point of AFL membership is to eventually go to a GF with my wife, or at least have a solid chance of that. Sure if Carlton make it this year she can go on her own if she gets a ticket (10 years consecutive membership enters the Carlton ballot) same with me if the Hawks make it in the future. But together... Looks like the AFL will be cutting that out and that is disappointing.

I was open to giving people 10 years on the waitlist and club of support access to the GF if their team was playing at the same level of gold non club support. I think that is a bit reasonable.
Gold non club support can't even get GF tickets anymore. Adding silver into that will be the end for me. I will transfer my gold to someone and just be a club member

Can anyone help on this? Haw v Coll is is fully ticketed tonight and if you search for AFL tickets you only get standing room. There are a handful of public reserved seats but no GA or standing room.
However I went on to the AFL app this morning and was able to add a ticket to my Wallet. It shows as AFL Reserve / General Admission. Will I be able to get in?

Can anyone help on this? Haw v Coll is is fully ticketed tonight and if you search for AFL tickets you only get standing room. There are a handful of public reserved seats but no GA or standing room.
However I went on to the AFL app this morning and was able to add a ticket to my Wallet. It shows as AFL Reserve / General Admission. Will I be able to get in?
Isn't that just AFL members? My tickets always say that

Gold non club support can't even get GF tickets anymore. Adding silver into that will be the end for me. I will transfer my gold to someone and just be a club member
Since when? I went last year as a Gold non-club support

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No.

A Collingwood Or Hawthorn club support member could use that to scan in for GA in the public section.

Ticketek prevented me from going. Multiple devices, in early and maxed out with nothing. Don't think just because you got through the random that some people are missing the random each and every time.

3rd time i have missed as gold due to ticketek
Ah right, yeah fair enough. I thought your comment was that they had removed the option. Always going to be more non-club support gold than tickets available at that stage in the sale so someone has to miss out. Maybe the non-club support gold can go into a ballot for the unsold tickets from the gold window. Might be more fair that way

Ah right, yeah fair enough. Always going to be more non-club support gold than tickets available. Maybe the non-club support gold can go into a ballot for the unsold tickets from the gold window. Might be more fair that way
So rather than deal with the randomness of Ticketek, we use the randomness of a ballot? 😉

So rather than deal with the randomness of Ticketek, we use the randomness of a ballot? 😉
Pretty much. It’s all perception right? Someone HAS to miss out, but how they miss out might be somewhat more digestible through a ballot

Ah right, yeah fair enough. I thought your comment was that they had removed the option. Always going to be more non-club support gold than tickets available at that stage in the sale so someone has to miss out. Maybe the non-club support gold can go into a ballot for the unsold tickets from the gold window. Might be more fair that way
My guess is more people would enter a ballot than try their luck via ticketek. So it would be fairer, but your odds would reduce.

Why should you have the same waitlist and pay less money?

There's a bit of entitlement in this thread.

I honestly would get rid of the bronze membership. the MCG is twice as big as Marvel but in terms of ratio, it's no different. people prefer going to MCG games and the games it holds are way more of a draw and its tenants are more strongly supported. how many games have sold out at the G this year? it feels like close to half. it's putting more pressure and adding more people to the pool.

If anything, bronze is hindering the experience of silver members.

If you follow Collingwood, why wouldn't you get a bronze membership over any other form of attending football? a home Collingwood membership is only about $30 cheaper than an AFL Bronze – and Bronze gets you two weeks of finals access and an extra five games you can go to, either as a neutral or for Pies 'away' games.

It's a fully ticketed match.

No GA

100% agree mate. I would support a ballot for non club support golds, but won't accept silvers being a part of that ballot

Why should you have the same waitlist and pay less money?

There's a bit of entitlement in this thread.
It's not entitlement. I am just saying I am ok with that option if the waitlist is the same. It wasn't clear in the survey.
And after waiting 12 years to get to Gold being almost there I want what I was promised.

If anything, bronze is hindering the experience of silver members.
Agree. I guess now that silver is full, bronze is the defacto waitlist, like Provisional MCC (after the initial waitlist). But at least with Provisional MCC you are not entitled to attend big matches which the AFL could also do (possibly excluding almost all Collingwood games).

If you follow Collingwood, why wouldn't you get a bronze membership over any other form of attending football? a home Collingwood membership is only about $30 cheaper than an AFL Bronze – and Bronze gets you two weeks of finals access and an extra five games you can go to, either as a neutral or for Pies 'away' games.
Agree, but Bronze will only get you finals access if demand is lower, which is pretty well a no for Collingwood. Bronze also doesn't get you on the waitlist. I am not sure about Collingwood but I got to the 2017 Grand Final based on being a Gold Richmond member (over 10 years) so that is a better option.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back