AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Gold upgrades may be limited the next 2 years due to them changing the absentee rules. From 2025 you can only have 1 year of absentee status for the life of your membership. This will flush all the current absentees out, some will give up their membership, some will reinstate to Gold. No idea how many there are.
This could possibly be the case of the delayed gold upgrades, however we will never know as they are about as transparent as communist China

Any chance for walk up GA for Geelong V GWS/Brisbane next Saturday? Save a cheeky $30 for gold members??

I don't think the Geelong V Brisbane 2022 prelim sold out in the AFL members.

What's platinum privelage?
Legacy members from the Waverley days when the membership originated out of that stadium, because the AFL could newly sell those memberships owning the stadium. They got transferred over to the MCG when the MCC and the AFL made peace over the redevelopment of the Southern Stand (the MCC and VFL/AFL had a difficult relationship before that and the original VFL Park membership was used as a tool as part of that battle).

Only the early members. 2 blokes we go with have it and have been members since about 75. The rest of us who have been members since the mid 80's don't have it. I believe it maybe about 1000 members.
Thought it was 2000? And yes foundation members I think

Any chance for walk up GA for Geelong V GWS/Brisbane next Saturday? Save a cheeky $30 for gold members??

I don't think the Geelong V Brisbane 2022 prelim sold out in the AFL members.
I went to that game.

Walk up seats for Gold Members were available on level 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold upgrades may be limited the next 2 years due to them changing the absentee rules. From 2025 you can only have 1 year of absentee status for the life of your membership. This will flush all the current absentees out, some will give up their membership, some will reinstate to Gold. No idea how many there are.
It would be very strange to not have even one single full member cancel their membership or die to allow at least one upgrade. It will be interesting to see whether the waitlist moves at all come November, I'm not holding my breath. Cutoff for renewals is 31st May so if they were going to offer any upgrades this year it would already have happened.

It's quite ridicolous they charge 186 for a silver member when you can buy category 1 for the same price or just buy GA for 65
There are different prices for silvers depending on the area you sit in though. I don't know if they are directly comparable with general public areas.
In 2019 I bought Richmond prelim tickets outside of the AFL area. One reason was the ability to get a better deal with a family ticket.
Anything that frees up the AFL (Members) Reserve for gold members who pay more than silver is fine with me.

There are different prices for silvers depending on the area you sit in though. I don't know if they are directly comparable with general public areas.
In 2019 I bought Richmond prelim tickets outside of the AFL area. One reason was the ability to get a better deal with a family ticket.
Anything that frees up the AFL (Members) Reserve for gold members who pay more than silver is fine with me.
The silver and bronze prices are the same as the public reserve prices, silvers can sit anywhere and bronze is limited to the cheapest seats.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back