AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone told me today they know someone who called AFL who complained about not getting Gold, and they were told they'll get upgraded next year.

Said they didn't care about an upgrade this year because Pies were out and only wanted it for next year. Not sure if it's true

Anyone over 5'7 has their knees smashed against those things
Those cup holders are useful as balls on a cow. They make it impossible to move up and down the row when all are seated.
Well as a short arse I personally like them.

Yes and what the outcome of the investigation/report by Cain Liddle that was commissioned by the AFL is.

And whether they will offer upgrades to anyone this year or they are already starting to restrict the number of full members in anticipation of the Southern Stand rebuild. When I asked they were very cagey to say the number of full members is capped at 30k and that hasn't changed. There's obviously a difference between being "capped" and the number of actual members.

From the minutes of the AFL meeting with AFL Members Association in Feb 2024
Current Silver at 22,000 is interesting given I joined post covid restrictions and that was about my waitlist number at the end of last year. I've had a friend join more recently than I did and theirs was mid 20 thousand. Does the waitlist include those left on absentee?

Last edited:
We should get angry because we pay for the membership and get treated like peasants by the AFL. AFL members should demand accountability from the AFL, if we just let them get away with it they will keep diluting our membership. There are 60k of us, we pay good money for the membership, when you add in the cost of a GF ticket we pay around the same as MCC members yet have far worse facilities and far fewer privileges.
I think this is a bit overly dramatic when the main reason I remain a Silver member is because ultimately I go to enough games of footy where it's incredibly good value for money to go to a live AFL game for something around $15 per ticket when you go to 30+ games. A lot of the other stuff is a bit secondary to me, not unimportant, but not a huge deal.

A priority for me is there should be greater political effort for the AFL to rebuild the stand. Even though the stand is only 10 years older than the Northern stands, it is incredibly dated, and as time and technology marches on, it becomes more and more out of date and, other than the actual watching of the games itself, not a very pleasant experience. The issue is is that it's outdated today. Once they confirm funding and plan the new stand, that's still several years to a decade away, meaning that the stand will be even more outdated then.

If there's one upside to the corporate encroachment is that at one point the AFL simply can't get the value out of it in such an outdated seat, forcing the hand a bit more if it was merely "just" a gold or silver member sitting in those in-demand seats.

Doubt it will get to Silver no club support. I think the last time I can remember that happening was Swans VS Eagles a few years back.

I am silver member 11 yrs now and still waiting. 6223 in the queue
My son is just about to turn 14 and signed up immediately. Still waiting. My next boy is now 11 (immed sign up) and I feel he might be 25+ years to there.

Its funny last week i call them and ask whats going on with the upgrades that are normally done in July and got told they are behind it will be done in October.
I call up today and ask the same question and get told they have already been done and when i asked roughly how many he said he didn't know.

Which lie should i believe more

Yes and what the outcome of the investigation/report by Cain Liddle that was commissioned by the AFL is.

And whether they will offer upgrades to anyone this year or they are already starting to restrict the number of full members in anticipation of the Southern Stand rebuild. When I asked they were very cagey to say the number of full members is capped at 30k and that hasn't changed. There's obviously a difference between being "capped" and the number of actual members.

From the minutes of the AFL meeting with AFL Members Association in Feb 2024
So with a 97% retention rate, that would mean approximately 900 spots in Gold (though allowing for a little less as retention would be higher in Gold than silver). But did they upgrade anyone at all?

So with a 97% retention rate, that would mean approximately 900 spots in Gold (though allowing for a little less as retention would be higher in Gold than silver). But did they upgrade anyone at all?
No one here (or on the Facebook group) have said they were upgraded mid year, so I would say no. But they also upgrade over summer I believe.

That might explain why Level 2A randomly
got new seats recently.

Only thing the Warne Stand has that’s better are the Level 2 cupholders.
1727118687891.png
They should be getting new seating across levels 1 and 4 soon too. The feasibility study into the stand's replacement has been ongoing for years with no updates, so I don't think anybody is holding their breath on that front.

No upgrades have been offered this year. They say they will be offering upgrades when renewal notices go out but we will wait and see as they would have known since June 1 how many upgrades they could offer (as members have until May 31 to renew).

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back