AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it will be reserved seats for tracing purposes ( all though i think govt may have dropped the ball)
That's been dropped I think. When I went to the soccer at AAMI park Saturday I sat in a GA seat and wasn't tied to a seat.

Think it will be reserved seats for tracing purposes ( all though i think govt may have dropped the ball)
I know of several people who were involved in contact tracing that haven’t had their contracts renewed. I don’t think they’re doing much of it these days. Makes you wonder why they still need the QR data…

I know of several people who were involved in contact tracing that haven’t had their contracts renewed. I don’t think they’re doing much of it these days. Makes you wonder why they still need the QR data…
They don't. Most places won't make you check in, most pubs just want to see the vax cert to cover their arses.

The thing I don't like about mobile only is what happens if your phone battery is flat before entry or it happens during the match and you need to leave your seat and go back?
There's charging stations inside the ground.

And I guess if you show ID to the membership help windows they should be able to provide a ticket for the match, same as if you lost your card.

You could stand at the cricket. I can't see why it would be different for the Football.

Actually you’re right, I spent day 2 in the members & at one point during the arvo was standing behind the seats on lvl 1 & didn’t get moved along.
Forgot about that!

Not sure how they do the waitlist. Seems very inconsistent. I talked a workmate into joining after taking him along to a game as a guest. He joined the following year and was offered gold before me. WTF? One of my mates joined at the end of 2007 and is still waiting! I think he’s around 650 on the waitlist but should get it this year?

It is not consistent at all. I am 10 years in and 8k still to go. Reading around on here, it seems way off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if the whole redevelopment of the southern stand means the end for AFL memberships. Particularly if it is funded by the MCC/Government and not the AFL

$9.90 to reserve a seat at the MCG and Marvel this season - are these guys ****ing kidding?

$40+ (after booking fees) for a group of four just to guarantee a preferred seating preference. I book a seat for every Geelong game at the MCG/Marvel as I like sitting undercover at the 'G and on ground level at Marvel.

Last year this was a free service.

I've stuck with my membership throughout 2020 and 2021 despite the inability to get to games and no finals in Victoria for two years running, and this is how I am repaid?

I am fuming about this.

$9.90 to reserve a seat at the MCG and Marvel this season - are these guys ******* kidding?

$40+ (after booking fees) for a group of four just to guarantee a preferred seating preference. I book a seat for every Geelong game at the MCG/Marvel as I like sitting undercover at the 'G and on ground level at Marvel.

I've stuck with my membership throughout 2020 and 2021 despite the inability to get to games and no finals in Victoria for two years running, and this is how I am repaid?

I am fuming about this.
Last year you were forced to book, hence why it was free. Price has gone back to previous rate.

$9.90 to reserve a seat at the MCG and Marvel this season - are these guys ******* kidding?

I am fuming about this.
Last year you had no choice but to book a seat hence why they dropped the fee. This year you don't. It's back to the way it was.

How long have you been a member, this is what they used to charge for a reserved seat pre-covid. At least we can walk up GA again.

Been a member for 17 years and this is a price hike on pre-COVID prices. As far as I recall previous season booking fees were a maximum of $6.50. Might be only a few dollars difference but it’s a slap in the face after maintaining memberships through two COVID seasons and not even getting access to the freebies promised last year (beyond AFL’s control, but still).

I attend most games with someone with access requirements so it’s not possible for us to walk up given limited seating in these areas.

Extremely disappointing.

Been a member for 17 years and this is a price hike on pre-COVID prices. As far as I recall previous season booking fees were a maximum of $6.50. Might be only a few dollars difference but it’s a slap in the face after maintaining memberships through two COVID seasons and not even getting access to the freebies promised last year (beyond AFL’s control, but still).

I attend most games with someone with access requirements so it’s not possible for us to walk up given limited seating in these areas.

Extremely disappointing.
It surprises me that some seem happy posting this $10 fee to reserve a seat in the AFL members. If you go as a family of four, that's an extra $40 to attend.

Why should we accept such a hefty fee to reserve a seat? Maximum should be $5. It's a plain and simple money grab.

Extremely disappointing.

It’s been $9+ for a number of years now. Prior to that it was circa $5. So they just have put it back to what it was. I agree the $5 was better but was hiked up quite some time ago. Can’t recall the exact year. I remembered when it first went up I thought why has it doubled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s been $9+ for a number of years now. Prior to that it was circa $5. So they just have put it back to what it was. I agree the $5 was better but was hiked up quite some time ago. Can’t recall the exact year. I remembered when it first went up I thought why has it doubled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's been 9 bucks for as long as I've been a member

It surprises me that some seem happy posting this $10 fee to reserve a seat in the AFL members. If you go as a family of four, that's an extra $40 to attend.

Why should we accept such a hefty fee to reserve a seat? Maximum should be $5. It's a plain and simple money grab.

How often do you have to book? Anzac day, opener, Dreamtime, EM and finals?

Extremely disappointing.
Yeah the disability access in the AFL members and the MCG in general is a huge issue. That's a fair gripe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back