AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah crazy day yesterday trying to get tickets for my daughter. We had 6 people multiple devices for both Sydney and Melb. No hits at all for Sydney then all of a sudden 40 min into Melb one of us got a hit and managed to get 4 tickets. It was completely random. For those trying tomorrow, log onto the website on your phone or tablet and take off wifi. That was the one we got the hit on. Had them all on wifi for Sydney with no luck.

Def easier getting AFL tickets

So the trick is to have 10 devices going a second apart hoping that one of them will get in at the point a place in the "queue" opens up.

Ironically more computing power than the ticket provider deploys.

Can you even see the stage from the front of Level 1? Don't the people sitting on the ground block the view? and Level 4 would be pretty distant IMO
I took my son to the WWE at the MCG a few years back and were sitting level 1 Punt Rd end. Couldnt see a bloody thing such a waste of money

In contrast I sat near the front of L4 and saw the whole lot.
Yeah I'd never go level 1 for a show at the G again, don't know what I was thinking. Was thinking of going to guns n roses last year but would only get level 2 or above (if I wasn't in GA on the ground).

Only single seats available now for Sunday show, other 2 sold out

And in terms of viewing level experience, nothing will ever top the on ground Level 1 seats for the Boomers/USA basketball match at Docklands

bb4a9000-c4c8-11e9-b8d6-ee1001c0d28f

In contrast I sat near the front of L4 and saw the whole lot.
The 2019 grand final I was level 4 of the Olympic near the front and it was probably some of the best seating at the G. Far enough to get a good view of the whole ground but still close enough to feel near the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 2019 grand final I was level 4 of the Olympic near the front and it was probably some of the best seating at the G. Far enough to get a good view of the whole ground but still close enough to feel near the ground.
I was on Level 1 in the AFL Members on centre wing at the 2012 GF, and from my perspective, the view was awful. Worst seats in the house!

I was on Level 1 in the AFL Members on centre wing at the 2012 GF, and from my perspective, the view was awful. Worst seats in the house!
I get that. At the 2017 GF I was 2 bays from the Richmond cheer squad and view wise wasn't great at all. But I was so stoked to be there I didn't care. But watching replays I was like, hey I didn't see that.

I am on the AFL app viewing tickets for Thursday night but I cannot transfer them. Can anyone tell me if this is normal? I usually transfer the kids' tickets to them on the way in to the game. Is it restricted until closer to the match?

Noticed you can't screenshot tickets anymore. Makes it more difficult to disperse group tickets. Means everyone needs to have the shitty app. And too bad if you lose internet connection.
Some work arounds I posted a few months ago...

1. You should get a confirmation email from Ticketek after booking your tickets.

That one email should contain a hyperlink for each individual ticket in the form: https://www.ticketek.mobi/..... It's towards the bottom of email.

If you copy and paste each hyperlink into your phone's web browser - it worked in Safari on iPhone - it should open up to the screen with the QR Code for each ticket. I could screenshot the QR Code no problem.

2. You should get a confirmation SMS on your phone from Ticketek after booking tickets.

The SMS should contain a hyperlink for each individual ticket in the form: https://www.ticketek.mobi/.......

If you copy and paste each link into your phone's web browser - it worked for Safari on iPhone - it should open up to the screen with the QR Code. Again, I could screenshot the QR code for each ticket no problem.

Once you have the QR Code photos, you can just send them to mates/family.

What DID NOT work was directly clicking the hyperlink/s from the Ticketek SMS despite the url being identical. That method prevented my phone from taking screenshots.

Some work arounds I posted a few months ago...

1. You should get a confirmation email from Ticketek after booking your tickets.

That one email should contain a hyperlink for each individual ticket in the form: https://www.ticketek.mobi/..... It's towards the bottom of email.

If you copy and paste each hyperlink into your phone's web browser - it worked in Safari on iPhone - it should open up to the screen with the QR Code for each ticket. I could screenshot the QR Code no problem.

2. You should get a confirmation SMS on your phone from Ticketek after booking tickets.

The SMS should contain a hyperlink for each individual ticket in the form: https://www.ticketek.mobi/.......

If you copy and paste each link into your phone's web browser - it worked for Safari on iPhone - it should open up to the screen with the QR Code. Again, I could screenshot the QR code for each ticket no problem.

Once you have the QR Code photos, you can just send them to mates/family.

What DID NOT work was directly clicking the hyperlink/s from the Ticketek SMS despite the url being identical. That method prevented my phone from taking screenshots.
Nice. Just quickly tried that second option and it worked fine. Cheers!

Clicking the link directly opens the Ticketek app, so it'd be on that that prevents screenshots. Good workaround! :thumbsu:

Any thing with the cricket this year? Got cheap tickets last year with a couple of guest passes, seems the whole MCG is open for business now. I'm definitely not forking out $100+ to watch us demolish Pakistan

Anything with Taylor Swift this year?

Not taking the piss either...

Also, has anyone ever convinced the kind people at the AFL of re-establishing their AFL Membership number? as in, I was a member for about eight years and took 3-4 off and now want to scam my way back into my old waitlist number... can I claim mental health to get what I want like half the AFL industry?

With Collingwood a near certainty to make the grand final it's looking grim for non Pies gold AFL members to get a ticket to the GF, if 2018 was anything to go by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back