AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never been checked as a concession either, to be honest.

My mate has a uni ID. I doubt they'd be cross-checking with the ticket, it's all about just pulling out a student card.

I've been checked before when I tried to get in on junior so I gave up. Not concession so much, I used show them an old student card :D
Haven't done it in ages, and doesn't matter as i only pay booking fees.

I must look dodgy... I got ID checked the first bloody time I used my membership!

2 weeks ago I got pulled up for the metal detector test, and I guess because I was already stopped they came and bloody ID'd me then too. I was pretty thrilled with that given I was already late to the game...

ID checks are only for concessions aren't they? I bought two tickets last year and picked them up at the venue - no names were on the ticket and I wasn't asked for ID other than showing my credit card?

They do random checks. If you scan with a concession ticket, an amber light activates rather than green. You would be more likely to be checked using a concession ticket, but chances are still pretty slim.

If you are using someone else's ticket and get asked for ID, i'd just try to look frazzled and tell them you were so worried about forgetting your ticket that you ended up forgetting your wallet. Worst that could happen is they kick you out and tell you to come back with ID.

Having said that, given tickets to friends/family about a dozen times and never had an issue.

They do random checks. If you scan with a concession ticket, an amber light activates rather than green. You would be more likely to be checked using a concession ticket, but chances are still pretty slim.

If you are using someone else's ticket and get asked for ID, i'd just try to look frazzled and tell them you were so worried about forgetting your ticket that you ended up forgetting your wallet. Worst that could happen is they kick you out and tell you to come back with ID.

Having said that, given tickets to friends/family about a dozen times and never had an issue.

This is my point though, the tickets don't have names on it? Or are you saying they may asked for both our ID's when i show my credit card to pick up the tickets? That also doesn't really make sense because i could just go collect the tickets myself?

This is my point though, the tickets don't have names on it? Or are you saying they may asked for both our ID's when i show my credit card to pick up the tickets? That also doesn't really make sense because i could just go collect the tickets myself?

You are supposed to have your membership card as well as the ticket at the ground.

People are getting confused with this checking stuff.

When you enter the ground with an AFL Members ticket they do random checks asking you to produce your member card and id to prove that it is your member card.

Concession is a different issue. If you enter the ground anywhere with a concession ticket then a different light on the turnstile comes on and the attendant may ask to see centrelink card/student id etc. This is nothing to do with being an AFL member or not. A lot of attendants don't bother asking, especially when it's busy. You can just borrow someone elses concession card if you want.

Picking up tickets is a different issue again. Nothing to do with AFL members or concession.
You need to produce the credit card and id.

People are getting confused with this checking stuff.

When you enter the ground with an AFL Members ticket they do random checks asking you to produce your member card and id to prove that it is your member card.

Concession is a different issue. If you enter the ground anywhere with a concession ticket then a different light on the turnstile comes on and the attendant may ask to see centrelink card/student id etc. This is nothing to do with being an AFL member or not. A lot of attendants don't bother asking, especially when it's busy. You can just borrow someone elses concession card if you want.

Picking up tickets is a different issue again. Nothing to do with AFL members or concession.
You need to produce the credit card and id.

You have to book your ticket in your name using your membership. So you either book in the name of the member, but "the friend" can't pick up the ticket; or you can't book a ticket in the first place, because the "order" won't be the same name as what's on the membership.

Is that not correct?

You have to book your ticket in your name using your membership. So you either book in the name of the member, but "the friend" can't pick up the ticket; or you can't book a ticket in the first place, because the "order" won't be the same name as what's on the membership.

Is that not correct?
My understanding is that when you book a ticket you just supply the barcode and a credit card to pay.
The credit card holder has to pick up the tickets. The barcode and credit card don't have to belong to the same person.

People often book tickets for others using their barcodes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I jumped on at 9 on the dot online at work and got 3 tix M25 undercover. Tried again and then only level Q was available.

Not going to buy them, was just interested to see what was available and how quick they go for future referance.

I got a group of 8 M17 row A.
M15 Row K ... beautiful.

Did you get these this morning? Interesting that I jumped on almost instantly and it only offered me M25. Or did you queue up at an outlet?

I jumped on at 9 on the dot online at work and got 3 tix M25 undercover. Tried again and then only level Q was available.

Not going to buy them, was just interested to see what was available and how quick they go for future referance.

Did you get these this morning? Interesting that I jumped on almost instantly and it only offered me M25. Or did you queue up at an outlet?

I went back and forth being told that no tickets available at the top of the page until about 9:10am when I got offered M19.

I got mine yesterday, there were so few AFL club support members that I had to ring up (same for the past 4 years now). Just select my seat, P18. My mate who is non competing full member got P17 this morning so very decent seats.

In regards to checking, a friend of mine who is Silver went in on his parents full gold membership to the GF last year. Got checked at the gate and subsequently got his parents bumped back to silver members. Also they had no rights to tickets for this years finals as punishment as well.

I got mine yesterday, there were so few AFL club support members that I had to ring up (same for the past 4 years now). Just select my seat, P18. My mate who is non competing full member got P17 this morning so very decent seats.

In regards to checking, a friend of mine who is Silver went in on his parents full gold membership to the GF last year. Got checked at the gate and subsequently got his parents bumped back to silver members. Also they had no rights to tickets for this years finals as punishment as well.

Well that sucks. Were they bumped to the back of the queue or was it a one year "suspension" on Silver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back