AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
N19-24 were available as part of the $145 pre-game lunch package.

I got an email last night so there may be some still available.
Yeah, N19-24 may become available to the rest of the members on Thursday or Friday. However, there will only be single seats most likely. Great value for $18 :thumbsu:

Just tried now out of curiosity to see what was left for AFL members on Saturday night, still Levels P & M undercover available, so should be plenty of walk up for that game.

Pretty good walkup for the Bulldogs-Crows game this week:
Western Bulldogs vs. Adelaide Crows
Elminiation Final 2 | Saturday, September 12 | MCG | 7.20pm
Gates Open 5.00pm

Members will be able to scan their membership card at the gate for entry into the following AFL Reserve General Admission areas.

Level P Bay 26 - 27 | ALL
Level Q Bay 15 | U-DD
Level Q Bay 16 | K-DD
Level Q Bay 17 - 28 | ALL

Richmond vs. North Melbourne
Elimination Final 1 | Sunday, September 13 | MCG | 3.20pm
Gates Open 1.00pm

Members will be able to scan their membership card at the gate for entry into the very limited AFL Reserve General Admission areas.

Level Q Bay 26 - 28 | U-DD

Any reason why the AFL Reserve General Admission area is smaller than usual for tomorrow night (i.e., no Q25-28)?

Hawthorn vs. Adelaide Crows
Semi Final 2 | Friday, September 18 | MCG | 7.50pm
Gates Open 5.30pm

Members will be able to scan their membership card at the gate for entry into the following AFL Reserve General Admission areas.

Level Q Bay 15-19 | U-DD
Level Q Bay 20-24 | K-DD

Any reason why the AFL Reserve General Admission area is smaller than usual for tomorrow night (i.e., no Q25-28)?
Not sure, but we may see them open up more bays later today.

What I would love the AFL membership next year to have is some guaranteed walkup bays. Have 3 level M open bays, and 3 level Q bays that are guarunteed to be available for walkup all the way through the season up until the Preliminary finals. Just like how the MCC does it. Would be awesome.

Not sure, but we may see them open up more bays later today.

What I would love the AFL membership next year to have is some guaranteed walkup bays. Have 3 level M open bays, and 3 level Q bays that are guarunteed to be available for walkup all the way through the season up until the Preliminary finals. Just like how the MCC does it. Would be awesome.

I agree that would be great but there is no incentive for the AFL to do this (ie they would lose money missing out on 3x Level M open bays reserve tickets fees) Therefore it will not happen sadly

They used to have 4 or 5 walk up bays on the level 1 wing for H&A season up until about 6 years ago, I think the only exclusions were Anzac Day and a few block busters. Then they decided to get greedy.

Does anyone know where you can check your waitlist number on the website? It states you can see it when you log into My Account but I can't see it anywhere on their terrible 1990's website.
Go on the chat feature they have on the site. Or you can ring them?
They used to have 4 or 5 walk up bays on the level 1 wing for H&A season up until about 6 years ago, I think the only exclusions were Anzac Day and a few block busters. Then they decided to get greedy.
Really... That would've been pretty cool. Walkup is pretty much the only area where MCC is better than the AFL members. Really would be cool, even if it is only on level 1 for the H&A season, that their would be walkup.

One of the benefits of following Melbourne - its pretty much always walk up and I get a seat level 1 dead centre wing about 15-20 rows back. Only games I ever book for are Queens Birthday.

I've never been able to find it either.
It's on your renewal letter if you still have that.

I'm a full member but my sister is silver so was hoping to check hers. All good, will wait til the next renewal letter comes or try calling in. Have tried the chat feature on the website and that doesn't seem to work either - maybe it's my browser I'm using Firefox.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How long ago did that change?

late 90's, it started as a token amount to book a seat, and its now around $150. Prior to that it was like the MCC first in best dressed. Am wondering if its a Freo/Weagles GF whether there will be walk ups for Gold members, think that Gold AFL members for both clubs would lucky to be 1500-2000 and that again in silver members...

How long ago did that change?
99 or 2000.

I walked up to the 98 GF, got seats second level in front of what is now the dining room, as I had done at least 4 times since 92.
Didn't attend in 99, and when Melbourne made it in 2000 you had to pay. Ended up with seats top level right on the end. When it was first ticketed (at least in 2000) there was no priority for club support, hence the (comparatively) sh*t seats.

Am wondering if its a Freo/Weagles GF whether there will be walk ups for Gold members, think that Gold AFL members for both clubs would lucky to be 1500-2000 and that again in silver members...
According to the stats a few pages back there are about 150 full members between those 2 and about 500 including silver members.
Doubt there will be walk up, left overs go to silver members, then they would sell to the competing clubs.

Highly unlikely to happen. The AFL (and its membership dept) don't like walk-up; they'd rather have a fully pre-booked reserve and the resulting no-shows (with empty seats that can't be allocated to others) than have walk-up (where empty seats can be allocated to others.)

This attitude is displayed by the Membership Dept's language. When they change a match's status from 'Walk up' to 'Reserve on Demand' it is described as an “upgrade”. This doesn't meet the dictionary definition of "upgrade", since nothing has actually improved. It is a change in ticketing arrangements, certainly, but an upgrade is in the eye of the beholder. And to describe it as an 'upgrade' shows a lack of respect to those who prefer walk up, and to those who get stuck in the worst seats (or miss out altogether) all while many good seats go empty due to the no-shows.

Last edited:
As an AFL member should be fairly easy to buy a grand final ticket if Eagles and Freo are in it.
Went to Bris v Port in 2004 by only getting a ticket via phone on the Friday. No need to line up or anything like some other ones I wanted to goto more.
Remember Choco Williams walking not far from me with his tie choking antic. Pretty funny to see at the time.
Even Sydney v Hawks grand final a few years ago I think was easy to buy a ticket as a full member. The catch is the clubs involved in grand final not amounting to many AFL members and only Hawks out of teams left would have any significant amount allocated for them.
Would like to go if Hawks and North play off against each other but not sure how many tickets left for other AFL members once Hawks and North had their go first.
If it is Freo v North I am certainly going to go. Will be historic whomever wins. Freo first premiership as a club or North first club to win facing 4 cut throat finals to win it. Never been done before. A few premiership teams played every week but their first week finals in those cases were not elimination finals. I want to be there if either club can create history. I went in 2004 to see if Brisbane could win 4 premierships in a row or Port as a club win their first.
Not sure the price of AFL Grand Final ticket as a full member but if around $100 to $150 happy to do it for the few grand finals I will attend in my life.

What's more likely if we get 2 interstate teams in the GF? Will they open up some AFL Member bays to club members? Or will they allow a guest pass for members?

I would've thought they'd be more likely to reward their own members and allow guest passes... but then I couldn't think of a way that you could do that logistically given the "staggered" sale times depending on membership level/club support.

I know it's finals, which is why people are talking about the MCG. But it surprises me a bit to see people have any complaints about the lack of walk up seating at the MCG for "some" games given the complete dearth of availability at Etihad for any games. (Sorry, I could've walked up for Melbourne/GWS a couple of weeks ago...)

Sounds like a scam. Tickets to the GF don't go on sale for a while in the AFL members.

Just had someone offer a friend this ticket. Looks legit but how do they have access to this area?

IMG_20150920_141926.jpg

Just had someone offer a friend this ticket. Looks legit but how do they have access to this area?

IMG_20150920_141926.jpg
I've never seen an AFL Member Grand Final ticket look like this. Mine in 2013 and a few mates last year all had the light yellow, run of the mill tickets. Then again that's barely a convincing argument.

Also, my mate went to the GF last year. He's a St Kilda-affiliated silver member and had no dramas. Freo or the Eagles in it alone will see most non-competing AFL Members get a ticket if they want, I reckon.

IMG_20150920_141926.jpg
I can be a legit ticket. While the AFL like to say that AFL Members get 21,000 (or more) tickets to the Grand Final, in fact since about 2000 the number that gets allocated to AFL Members is less than 18,000. The Reserve can accommodate 21,000 plus (maybe even as high as 23,000) and the other seats get given to other groups. The ticket your friend has been offered could well be one of the other 3-5,000 tickets that aren't allocated to AFL Members.

I had a brain wave moments ago, what are the chances of the MCC/AFL (whoever controls the GF) decide to reduce the AFL Members area for the GF if it was a West Coast and Freo match as these two clubs combined have less than 500 AFL members??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back