AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. If anything I would like to see the model revised so that a cap is put on the non club support full member allocation.

Wouldn't put it past them to reduce the Full member cap. They seem to be flogging of more AFL member seats to Corps/Dining...could make heaps more reducing it

If you have say two memberships for example Kennedy Club and Full AFL - were you able to get 2 tickets.
Both my Legends and silver membership allowed me to get 2 tickets to GF replay which I gave to family member.

You should really know, 6 days out from a GF, whether or not you will be able to attend. It is not as if the date creeps up on you and is a shock.

I maintain that every single person entering the AFL members area on GF day should be ID and AFL member number checked, to confirm that they are indeed an AFL member. It will stop scalping in the AFL members area and that should be seen as a good thing.

Any number of things could prevent you from going. Illness, death in the family, called into work etc. I can't see an issue if another member ends up with the ticket. it's either that, or an empty seat.

Checking everyone for ID is just not practical with a crowd that size. The MCC doesn't even do it and they photos on the cards.

What's Kennedy Club?

Also, there's not much point in capping the AFL Membership. Sure, put a lid on the gold level. That makes sense for pure supply/demand reasons, and basically limiting the number of people who can get a ticket to the GF. But why would you need to limit silver members when it brings in cash for clubs and the AFL? All but two or three games a season, the GSS is empty.

The best way to do it with silver members is to go on a hierarchy basis – keep gold as per, but then have silver competing go on a most-consecutive-years basis, then silver-regular get sold that same way.

Or, bring in a 'regular' AFL membership once they hit 60,000 members or whatever they're talking about. Essentially have two levels and two forms of promotion. Let's call them 'White' AFL Members – well white AFL Members can get their 40 games, finals tickets if their club is there/there's some left for walk-up, but not GF tickets.

Agreed. If anything I would like to see the model revised so that a cap is put on the non club support full member allocation.

Who are these weirdos that don't include the "club support" option? Probably the same people who let their kids dress up in GWS/GC gear.

Can you change your club year to year?

Yes.

What's Kennedy Club?

Also, there's not much point in capping the AFL Membership. Sure, put a lid on the gold level. That makes sense for pure supply/demand reasons, and basically limiting the number of people who can get a ticket to the GF. But why would you need to limit silver members when it brings in cash for clubs and the AFL? All but two or three games a season, the GSS is empty.

The best way to do it with silver members is to go on a hierarchy basis – keep gold as per, but then have silver competing go on a most-consecutive-years basis, then silver-regular get sold that same way.

Or, bring in a 'regular' AFL membership once they hit 60,000 members or whatever they're talking about. Essentially have two levels and two forms of promotion. Let's call them 'White' AFL Members – well white AFL Members can get their 40 games, finals tickets if their club is there/there's some left for walk-up, but not GF tickets.
I assume its high level Hawthorn membership?

Yeah the AFL members section doesn't particularly need a cap, Its rarely full and as time goes on and they reduce the perks then it becomes less enticing for new people.

I assume its high level Hawthorn membership?

Yeah the AFL members section doesn't particularly need a cap, Its rarely full and as time goes on and they reduce the perks then it becomes less enticing for new people.

It means you are more likely to have to pay for a reserved seat during the H&A season (if you want a decent seat) so if you go to say 10 games (probably the minimum for most AFL members) you're looking at an extra $80-$100 a year for reserved seats on top of your membership.

If you have a family that could be a $200-$400 extra a year on top of the $1500-$2000 you're already paying for memberships.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know what the plan is for AFL members once the AFL gets control of Docklands? I'm assuming they'll have a members area, at least bigger than what they allocate now.
Death to the Medallion Club

Who are these weirdos that don't include the "club support" option? Probably the same people who let their kids dress up in GWS/GC gear.

Yes.

I probably didn't explain myself well with my cap talk.

Here's what I was suggesting (understood that people won't like it).

AFL H&A and Weeks 1-3 finals ticketing arrangements = remain the same.

Grand Final

Priority 1 - Full Members with Club Support of competing teams (open slather within their window)
Priority 2 - Full Members, not supporting either of the competing teams. (Capped, generously, but still capped)
Priority 3 - Silver Members with Club Support of competing teams (open slather to pick over the rest)

Proposed outcome = More competing club members, less neutrals.

That said, maybe I'm just saying this because I support Hawthorn. :-/

I guess what you're saying is that the club of support thing is removed in essence? All AFL members can purchase at the same rights and then re allocate among themselves for the cost of an admin fee?

Well no the membership dept could stipulate what categories you can offload too, full or competing silver for example.

No, the AFL membership dept would take back the ticket(s) in question and refund the member, less some sort of admin fee, and the membership team would reallocate through some sort of "last" chance thing, and maybe only to competing club support members (silver or full).

How do you get these AFL dining packages? I'm guessing the seats are on the second and third tiers too?

Also what exactly is Medallion Club? I always thought it was a name for the corporate areas.

How do you get these AFL dining packages? I'm guessing the seats are on the second and third tiers too?

Also what exactly is Medallion Club? I always thought it was a name for the corporate areas.

The dining packages are available to all AFL Members and guests for all matches, except for the handful of sellout games (grand final, ANZAC Day etc). Silver members can usually get dining for the GF on Monday morning, but not this year, all sold out.

Medallion Club is like the Etihad version of the MCC, only it's fully transferable, and costs $5000 a year. It has reserved seating at Etihad, full AFL Member rights to the MCG, and the right to purchase grand final tickets at face value. Terrible value for a punter, handy if you know a corporate who has barcodes and doesn't care much about footy.

Yeah, Dining Seats are on Level N, ie. Level 2. I've done it a couple of times a year on big occasions since I got full membership. Grand Final Day & ANZAC Day are two very special occasions, so don't mind splurging a bit for such events, even as a neutral fan.

Not that much. I can buy AFL dining GF tickets @ $500 each...and i can buy like 20 of them.

I'll sell you one cheap :)
Is this actually legit? Only one membership bar code needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back