AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS ... some people should lose their AFL membership for stupidity

29ndxm1.png

limited tickets still available obviously

Is that you on ticketek using their published barcode or their image they post on twitter?

Is that you on ticketek using their published barcode or their image they post on twitter?

Me on ticketek using the barcode they posted ... yeah yeah I know naughty me :rolleyes: but couldn't help myself in checking

A more scrupulous person than myself would purchase them and then scalp them :p

Have found 9 other barcodes from 4 different people posted online

Some people truly are dickheads

What would happen if...

You were a silver Tiges/Crows member, used the barcode of a gold/competing gold member, went to the gate and produced your usual AFL Membership card and your own ID? Surely on such a busy day they're just going to ask to see your ticket and then be more interested in making sure you have the right ID?

Because the paper tickets don't have names on them, do they?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am starting to think though, the value of our membership is not the same as it used to be. Unless you go to 20 or so games during home and away the value is no longer what it once was. Final tickets harder to come by now even as a full member and even this week we slugged $33 to goto prelim when used to just scan in most times. Used to be you got the super value made up at finals time. Still so , but only just I feel.

Even less value if you're attending mainly Etihad games... Zero benefits for being an AFL member.

Concession Platinum Priv Member (Full)

what's that?
The Platinum Privileges membership is a category designed to aknowledge the 2,000 or 2,500 longest serving AFL Members. It was introduced some years ago (perhaps 10 years ago.) The qualification for the category is continuous long-serving membership.

I was upgraded to it about 5 years ago. I've been an VFL Park/AFL member since 1977.

It doesn't cost me anything and I still pay the standard Gold Membership fee. The features of the package are:
1) 4 guest passes to use at any MCG H&A match (except ANZAC Day);
2) 4 AFL Record vouchers;
3) Access to two complimentary level 2 reserve seats to any MCG H&A match (except ANZAC Day);
4) 50% discount on the Grand Final ticket.

Each of these are subject to capacity and availability. And I can't use it to queue-jump; for instance today I was given the same 2pm access to GF tickets and have to suffer Ticketek's technology as everyone else.

The Platinum Privileges membership is a category designed to aknowledge the 2,000 or 2,500 longest serving AFL Members. It was introduced some years ago (perhaps 10 years ago.) The qualification for the category is continuous long-serving membership.

I was upgraded to it about 5 years ago. I've been an VFL Park/AFL member since 1977.

It doesn't cost me anything and I still pay the standard Gold Membership fee. The features of the package are:
3) Access to two complimentary level 2 reserve seats to any MCG H&A match (except ANZAC Day);

Each of these are subject to capacity and availability. And I can't use it to queue-jump; for instance today I was given the same 2pm access to GF tickets and have to suffer Ticketek's technology as everyone else.
Wowee never knew that. 35 year wait...looks like I have a few more years left

Wow, an AFL member for 40 years.
Amazing. I did not even know about AFL membership until around early 1990's. Must not have been advertised so much until in the 1990's. Used to be a spot in Football Record around those times to fill in to become a restricted member. Although clearly with VFL changing name to AFL in 1990 it was called a VFL Park membership before then. Did it allow you the same rights at MCG it does now or was that an added thing in 1992 when Great Southern Stand was built ?

I remember when I first got my restricted AFL membership in mid 1990's it showed something like 30 games access to games at VFL Park, MCG and Princes Park.
No other grounds did it really apply to.

Amazing. I did not even know about AFL membership until around early 1990's. Must not have been advertised so much until in the 1990's. Used to be a spot in Football Record around those times to fill in to become a restricted member. Although clearly with VFL changing name to AFL in 1990 it was called a VFL Park membership before then. Did it allow you the same rights at MCG it does now or was that an added thing in 1992 when Great Southern Stand was built ?

I remember when I first got my restricted AFL membership in mid 1990's it showed something like 30 games access to games at VFL Park, MCG and Princes Park.

It used to just be a VFL park membership from memory then when the southern stand was upgraded the AFL cut a deal with the MCC to create an afl members section and the AFL helped pay for the new stand.

So that explains when I brought my Brothers GF ticket it was only $97... thought maybe club support teams had a cheaper rate.
Now where was my and my dad's discount... all members since the same year.

Yes my dad has this. I think he signed up the second year of VFL Park Membership.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

From Memory the only MCG entry was for the GF in the MCC members section. I went in 1989-90 (Full or Gold member from 1988) and sat top deck of the old Ponsford Stand. Club support only started in 1992 when the Southern Stand was built.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

It used to just be a VFL park membership from memory then when the southern stand was upgraded the AFL cut a deal with the MCC to create an afl members section and the AFL helped pay for the new stand.

Thanks for explanation. Makes perfect sense why I not really heard of it before early 1990's now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back