AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a contributing factor. I would never try for more than 2 in a big game.

Never been an issue before, 4 isn't many, ohwell such is life.

So that explains when I brought my Brothers GF ticket it was only $97... thought maybe club support teams had a cheaper rate.
Now where was my and my dad's discount... all members since the same year.
Have you and your father had continuous membership since that same year?

If not, that would explain why you didn't get the cheaper rate.

If so, I'd complain to the AFL Membership Dept.

From Memory the only MCG entry was for the GF in the MCC members section. I went in 1989-90 (Full or Gold member from 1988) and sat top deck of the old Ponsford Stand. Club support only started in 1992 when the Southern Stand was built.
Your memory is largely correct. Prior to 1983 the membership provided entry to VFL Park only. From 1984 - 1990, the only MCG entry was to the Grand Final, into an expanded (for the day) MCC Reserve. In 1991 all the Melbourne finals were at VFL Park. 1992 was when the Great Southern Stand opened, and the membership was recast, with Club Support, and entry to the MCG, Waverley and Princes Park and to some degree (depending on your Club Support) other venues.

On another issue, due to a private message about Platinum Privileges I checked some old email newsletters from the AFL Membership Dept. The Platinum Privileges introduced for the 2007 season and via email newsletter we were told that the initial "2,500 Members included in this program range from number 6 - 27,645, with a majority of these Members joining before or in 1973-74." I was put into the category a few years later. My membership number is in the 33 - 34thousand range, and as I said earlier I become a member in 1977. From what I can tell I gained access to Platinum in 2010.

I've sent them an email.

I believe Geelong AFL members have to pay extra from memory ( can any Cats fans confirm?). Not sure what rights they have.
I'm a gold member dogs club support, didn't buy a ticket in the AFL membership allocation, instead went into the bulldogs members ballot so that i could get a seat with my wife (we are both EJ whitten social club members - mine is an add on to my AFL membership) and we got the tickets there. That is absolute BS that Richmond isn't allowing AFL club support members (either gold or silver) to go in the club ballot, i'd also take it up with the AFL and the club.

Do any Richmond supporters know how they're ballot access works for club members?

I know at Collingwood we don't get ballot access unless we are a premium member... So that means members who have 11 reserved seat game memberships or below don't get any access to the ballot. So it wouldn't be fair for an AFL member to get access since they less than those reserved seat members.

Probably might be the same at Richmond.

Do any Richmond supporters know how they're ballot access works for club members?

I know at Collingwood we don't get ballot access unless we are a premium member... So that means members who have 11 reserved seat game memberships or below don't get any access to the ballot. So it wouldn't be fair for an AFL member to get access since they less than those reserved seat members.

Probably might be the same at Richmond.
priority 1 is everyone with a guarantee GF ticket. Cheapest of which is $500 for level 2 seats to home matches. apparently there are about 11,000 in this bracket.
Priority 2 is 10 year members
Priority 3 is all other members - Probably about a 1% chance of tickets at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1-4 years as a richmond member = Bronze
5-9 years = Silver
10+ = Gold (and Priority 2 in GF ballots).
most 10 year AFL members would probably be gold by now so it's starting to make sense

You are a club member.
This is bullshit.
Needs something done about it by your own club.
Have emailed the club not holding my breathe waiting for a response. Seems like my best bet would have been to choose a different club support rather than my own :$

I am suspecting that unless you a club member that also pays premium to reserve seats for many home matches and get guaranteed access to GF ticket or an AFL Full Member we know there is little chance of getting access to ticket allocation. If you just general member with no reserved seat whether AFL restricted member or not, it is no different to being Joe Public trying to get a grand final ticket this week.

I am suspecting that unless you a club member that also pays premium to reserve seats for many home matches and get guaranteed access to GF ticket or an AFL Full Member we know there is little chance of getting access to ticket allocation. If you just general member with no reserved seat whether AFL restricted member or not, it is no different to being Joe Public trying to get a grand final ticket this week.

My cousin and uncle got tix in the Richmond ballot, I thought they were just GA members but could have reserved seats not sure. But they've been members for 23 years so would be priority 2 access.

They have different system to afl. Im 4 years afl but 15 for Richmond so Im silver afl but gold RFC.
no i mean if you were not a richmond member before joining AFL you would pretty much have to defer Full AFL membership to be 10 years and still Silver
and if you were 10 years at Richmond you would be gold and getting the email
so most AFL silver members, if not all that are locked out, would be locked out if they had just held a basic Richmond membership, so maybe not as bad as it sounds up front

no i mean if you were not a richmond member before joining AFL you would pretty much have to defer Full AFL membership to be 10 years and still Silver
and if you were 10 years at Richmond you would be gold and getting the email
so most AFL silver members, if not all that are locked out, would be locked out if they had just held a basic Richmond membership, so maybe not as bad as it sounds up front
I agree with that. Soon Gold afl Membership will be longer than 10 years though and it would be nice to be given the chance to get a ticket.

Yet still nothing about AFL members getting better access at Docklands (the AFLs own stadium)
I expect a token offer in the other direction, cannot upset the apple cart for Essendon members and corporate interests.....

we might get a couple of thousand tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back