AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sooo how do I find my waitlist number out? All I can see is membership number?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You can email them to find out, they'll tell you it's on the website when you login but I've never been able to find it.

They'll update it in November, it won't have changed since last November.

You can email them to find out, they'll tell you it's on the website when you login but I've never been able to find it.

They'll update it in November, it won't have changed since last November.

I've never been able to find it either

Yeah you've already mentioned that.

Apologies on behalf of myself and other gold members that we signed up years before you and other silver members.
and I’ll say it again.....I don’t like you gold members. I’m not even a silver member or whatever that is.

You steal the seats of supporters whose team play in the finals.

It’s disgusting.

and I’ll say it again.....I don’t like you gold members. I’m not even a silver member or whatever that is.

You steal the seats of supporters whose team play in the finals.

It’s disgusting.
I see your point, but don't blame us. Blame the AFL membership and MCC who offer these services.

I'm a Melbourne supporter with a Collingwood Gold AFL membership package. If Collingwood make the grand final, I will be there even though thousands and thousands of Collingwood members will miss out.

Why is this? Because the AFL membership department offer this service. And even if I was generous enough to give my ticket away, I would end up having my membership cancelled or suspended.

I’m in my 9th year of membership (joined 2011) with Collingwood club support and I’m still number 5557 on the waitlist... the way things are going it could be another 10 years until I turn gold, does this seem right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As far as the gold membership waitlist goes, I know for an absolute fact that the MCC has an annual attrition rate that cycles between 2.5-4.5%.

Given they have approx. 100,000+ members, they induct around 3-5k new members each year (this is a bit wishy-washy at the moment with the provisional category still being filled out, but historically 4-5k has been on the money.

If there are 30k gold members, using the MCC's membership data, they should be upgrading at an absolute minimum, 700 people per year.

To put the last few years of 200 upgrades in context, it suggests an attrition rate of 0.6%. 5x lower than than the MCC- A far more desirable membership that is usually only given up due to death.

The 200 upgrades had a dodgy vibe, but the data absolutely confirms shenanigans imo.

As far as the gold membership waitlist goes, I know for an absolute fact that the MCC has an annual attrition rate that cycles between 2.5-4.5%.

Given they have approx. 100,000+ members, they induct around 3-5k new members each year (this is a bit wishy-washy at the moment with the provisional category still being filled out, but historically 4-5k has been on the money.

If there are 30k gold members, using the MCC's membership data, they should be upgrading at an absolute minimum, 700 people per year.

To put the last few years of 200 upgrades in context, it suggests an attrition rate of 0.6%. 5x lower than than the MCC- A far more desirable membership that is usually only given up due to death.

The 200 upgrades had a dodgy vibe, but the data absolutely confirms shenanigans imo.

They are likely reducing the amount of gold members too. So say 2000 people give up their membership due to death/other reasons they might only promote 1000 and just reallocate the other 1000 to medallion club/corporates.

I stand by a 35 year wait for new members. Longer than MCC full

Also keep in mind MCC does not allow pay per month, unlike AFL Membership. That would probably cause a few more people to drop off every year. Pay per month makes things a lot easier for some people.

I’m in my 9th year of membership (joined 2011) with Collingwood club support and I’m still number 5557 on the waitlist... the way things are going it could be another 10 years until I turn gold, does this seem right?

Yep. About 10 years ago they estimated an 8-10 year wait. Then they said 10-12. Now it's around 18 years from signing up to full but that'll probably blow out further as well.

He's a Full Member - he's just a troll, has done it all through the thread.
7iL4Pz.gif

AFL upgraded 850 this year. It goes in cycles, they upgraded over 2k a couple of years in a row just 4 years back.

Who knows - If you'd joined 2 years earlier I think you'd be a full member.

Lots of Pies fans joined after 2010/2011

Something to take into account is that the average age of an MCC member would be older than the AFL surely as the membership has been around a long time - it's something people keep

I'd guess the vast majority of AFL members joined after the Southern Stand was built, so attrition by death should be lower

These days no one is giving up either membership - waitlists are super long

Who knows - If you'd joined 2 years earlier I think you'd be a full member.

Lots of Pies fans joined after 2010/2011
Collingwood has had the highest number of AFL members well before 2010, both Gold and Silver. Not sure where you got your information.

Collingwood has had the highest number of AFL members well before 2010, both Gold and Silver. Not sure where you got your information.
Yes they have, but there is definitely a spike in people joining AFL membership around that time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back