AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree. Same boat for me. Paid approx $1k over last two seasons and been to 3 games !
I can’t go every week and accept that but pay the membership for finals access. Which of course has been useless for me.
Also with you on ticketing allocation, some of the seats I have got in finals over recent years have been appalling considering the money I pay. And it’s not like I am late buying them - madly pushing refresh right on the opening time.
First world problems but the dilemma I have is that normally I would just give it up as i am not getting my value from it. But with my team having maybe a couple of years left in the window, I would hate to miss out on a GF if we where to make it.
They really need to come to the party next year with pricing. Not worried about their free footy records & other rubbish etc.
For those who have paid the last two years, the price really needs to be very discounted.
Eg: $200
But I am probably dreaming.
Yes, as someone going through similar thing, I think $200 would seem fair, given a few of us only been able to goto a handful of games in two seasons and you paying to maintain your membership but should not have to go the absentee route in the circumstances.

I totally agree. Same boat for me. Paid approx $1k over last two seasons and been to 3 games !
I can’t go every week and accept that but pay the membership for finals access. Which of course has been useless for me.
Also with you on ticketing allocation, some of the seats I have got in finals over recent years have been appalling considering the money I pay. And it’s not like I am late buying them - madly pushing refresh right on the opening time.
First world problems but the dilemma I have is that normally I would just give it up as i am not getting my value from it. But with my team having maybe a couple of years left in the window, I would hate to miss out on a GF if we where to make it.
They really need to come to the party next year with pricing. Not worried about their free footy records & other rubbish etc.
For those who have paid the last two years, the price really needs to be very discounted.
Eg: $200
But I am probably dreaming.
As I discovered earlier in the thread , not all people who sit in afl reserve , are afl members . A percentage of level 2 seats are taken by medallion club members from dockland stadium. There are also non victorian club supporters with a high price membership . And a seat in the reserve. Over the years membership benefits has been diluted. In 92 there was only melb and richmond based at the G , ir you were a vfl park member you were offered afl membership and a free grand final ticket but you had to queue gf day. Over the years carlton collingwood hawthorn based themselves at mcg . This led to the introduction of gold silver and bronze status as those supporters joint afl and demand is greater then supply at reserve . At least i got to see many melb wins in person this year . 5 more wins this year and ill be happy lad .

As I discovered earlier in the thread , not all people who sit in afl reserve , are afl members . A percentage of level 2 seats are taken by medallion club members from dockland stadium. There are also non victorian club supporters with a high price membership . And a seat in the reserve. Over the years membership benefits has been diluted. In 92 there was only melb and richmond based at the G , ir you were a vfl park member you were offered afl membership and a free grand final ticket but you had to queue gf day. Over the years carlton collingwood hawthorn based themselves at mcg . This led to the introduction of gold silver and bronze status as those supporters joint afl and demand is greater then supply at reserve . At least i got to see many melb wins in person this year .
I liked your post but only up until this point. Great post, it's a shame how bastardised the AFL members has become (you could say I'm part of the problem, but let's blame those medallion club folks instead).

Hope to see your boys on GF day, but unfortunately can't agree you'll get your 5th win. ;)

I liked your post but only up until this point. Great post, it's a shame how bastardised the AFL members has become (you could say I'm part of the problem, but let's blame those medallion club folks instead).

Hope to see your boys on GF day, but unfortunately can't agree you'll get your 5th win. ;)
Ill give. Up round 22 win and take the 3 in september 👹

I received a letter regarding my provisional membership offer.

How long is it likely to be until I am offered silver membership?
Disregard.

This is regarding MCC membership. If someone knows the answer tho please let me know 👍

Disregard.

This is regarding MCC membership. If someone knows the answer tho please let me know 👍

6-8 years to get restricted. Another 6 years for full

6-8 years to get restricted. Another 6 years for full

I'd say that's on the optimistic end personally. The latest restricted intake was August through October 1998 inclusive. All restricted intakes since at least 2014 have been limited to 2-3 waiting list months per intake.

It's even slower for full upgrades - one, two months per intake if you're lucky.

Presuming you were nominated in 2005 to get provisional this year, barring mass drop-offs you're looking at a ~20 year wait for restricted imo.

I'd say that's on the optimistic end personally. The latest restricted intake was August through October 1998 inclusive. All restricted intakes since at least 2014 have been limited to 2-3 waiting list months per intake.

It's even slower for full upgrades - one, two months per intake if you're lucky.

Presuming you were nominated in 2005 to get provisional this year, barring mass drop-offs you're looking at a ~20 year wait for restricted imo.

Yep you are right. Those stats are for people that signed up back then. Much like the AFL memberships.

I reckon somoene signing up today is up for a 50 year wait for MCC Full and 40 years for AFL Gold

I emailed the AFL membership dept asking about what sort of compensation/refunds/credits members would get for this season considering we've been unable to attend games for half the year and the finals/Grand Final will be interstate. They won't commit to anything until its actually confirmed but have said they are "looking at options".

A refund/credit would be the only option I would accept, some free footy records or reserved seats next year won't cut it.

I emailed the AFL membership dept asking about what sort of compensation/refunds/credits members would get for this season considering we've been unable to attend games for half the year and the finals/Grand Final will be interstate. They won't commit to anything until its actually confirmed but have said they are "looking at options".

A refund/credit would be the only option I would accept, some free footy records or reserved seats next year won't cut it.
I never received any of the offers like guest passes this year that they said we were getting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What sort of discount on next year’s membership would everyone be comfortable with?
15%?
25%?
50%?
somewhere in between?

What sort of discount on next year’s membership would everyone be comfortable with?
15%?
25%?
50%?
somewhere in between?

Half the season locked out. No access to finals or Grand Final which is the main selling point of the membership.

50% credit towards next year's membership is what they should be offering.

If everyone demands 50% + back in refunds or credit, some clubs and the AFL are going to cop monetary hits that they might not recover from. There would be some clubs and therefore the AFL bleeding from lost gate receipts, game day revenue, etc.

If everyone demands 50% + back in refunds or credit, some clubs and the AFL are going to cop monetary hits that they might not recover from. There would be some clubs and therefore the AFL bleeding from lost gate receipts, game day revenue, etc.

They'll be fine

It's good we all have an unlimited amount of money then to prop them up with nothing in return.

In reality, they'll all fine as long as the afl wants them to be.

15%?
25%?
50%?
somewhere in between?
50% minimum.
I'm ok paying more if we get crowds up and running again but I think it should be treated as cost of absentee membership and only more added on when crowds properly is a goer.

I also feel for Demons fans right now as they going to be in finals and real contender for premiership and the poor bastards are going to struggle to even see their team in person at all. It's ****ing cruel for them, the timing of all this.

50% minimum.
I'm ok paying more if we get crowds up and running again but I think it should be treated as cost of absentee membership and only more added on when crowds properly is a goer.

I also feel for Demons fans right now as they going to be in finals and real contender for premiership and the poor bastards are going to struggle to even see their team in person at all. It's ******* cruel for them, the timing of all this.

Best H&A season we've had since 64 and I've been to 6 games this year and locked out of finals 😭

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back