AFL Socks

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel like I'm going to get hosed down for this :D

Something I've seen on a couple of players but notably on Sicily last night is a small ankle version of the sock.

Is this a uniform change that's been given the all clear as they have done them so that the AFL branding is still there.

Some years back Bulldogs players were told they couldn't wear their cut down socks as it wasn't uniform.

Be gentle with me about this just an observation

I'm going to feel silly if it was just a neat fold down

socks.jpg

Last edited:

From memory the afl brought in two lengths because players cut them too short

I hadn't heard that.

With socks down being the norm would probably make sense but I thought there was an issue around players having to have any uniform changes or additions approved. Just interested if this is going to be a change for the uniforms of all clubs where they will issue ankle length socks. Socks up is not very common anymore and the one sock up from the ruck to hold the shin guard in looks terrible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never understand why players push their socks down to be like a crew length. The sock then cuts off at a awkward spot making their legs look stumpy and short, they also either make the calves look small and make the leg look disproportionate or like they are very leg warmers. Long socks make the legs overall look longer because you are wearing shorts.

I remember Jeff Farmer or someone else getting in trouble for cutting his sleeves on the long sleeve jumper, uniforms always been as a strict as a catholic school

Dipper or another Hawks bloke did that and essentially wore the long sleeved jumpers as t-shirts. Guy from Fitzroy wore shorts that came down to the knee with vfl logos all the way down the sides but his were approved for some issue with his legs. (Can't recall what it was)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Socks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back