Mega Thread AFL to investigate Essendon for controversial fitness program - PART3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've answered this numerous times. It appears Essendon were dismissive of the rumours swirling because they knew what had been happening at their club, until they were informed of the ACC investigation which would explicitly say there was a massive problem in the sports community. Based on the fact they had until last year employed one of the key figures, despite being confident they were ok, they called in ASADA and the AFL to ensure that was in fact the case.

ASADA did not investigate Essendon until requested to do so.
If that's you being honest with yourself then I really question your state of mind.

Firstly, ASADA didn't have any reason to investigate because nobody was failing tests.

Secondly, if Essendon officials had concerns enough to sack him, they had a responsibility to report it then.

Thirdly, the ACC investigation is a criminal investigation. That is irrelevant in the discussion on culpability of Essendon officials in relation to the medical treatment of players.

I truly hope for the sake of Essendon players that nothing illegal was being administered - they were forced into this. I do hope though that those responsible for putting them in this position get a right royal whack around the head.

Personally I can't understand how Essendon supporters aren't going after these officials the way they went after Matty Knights. They have risked the entire future of the club because of their massive ego's.

for FFS can this thread stop being about Lance Upercut and him posting every second post?

who is the team on p17, if not Essendon?
Is it possibly not even an AFL team?
When will the name of the team in question be revealed by the authorities? has there been any comment on that?

Except where WADA is involved, yes.

The onus is on WADA to prove wrongdoing. Just as it is in court. It is their duty to find actual evidence pertaining as such beyond a reasonable doubt.

If, by WADA, you mean the media, then I'll give you that. Chuck sheep in there as well - and you've got an uncivilized bunch ill conceived of any humane logic.

Or a sense of shame, for that matter.

That's pretty ironic considering you couldn't have been more determined to tarnish Essendon all this time if you tried.

This is my second post in this whole sorry abortion of a mega thread and my first was in reference to the grammar in a post.
I think you need to take your defensive hat off for a second and actually read what I wrote.

I am happy to accept your apology at any time assuming you can get off yor high horse long enough....

I still feel this will come to naught - but PED use in sports is abhorrent. I just wonder if a media storm this big has ever fallen flat on its face - I doubt it

SK school girl saga was meant to end the SKFC but it fell on its arse after a week or two.

It happens all the time. Scandals have short shelf life's generally especially if there are no hard facts. Most people aren't stupid and are prepared to give other people the benefit of the doubt. There is only so much innuendo that people will cop before either switching off or questioning it all together.

Personally I can't understand how Essendon supporters aren't going after these officials the way they went after Matty Knights. They have risked the entire future of the club because of their massive ego's.

This is an outstanding point.

for FFS can this thread stop being about Lance Upercut and him posting every second post?

who is the team on p17, if not Essendon?
Is it possibly not even an AFL team?
When will the name of the team in question be revealed by the authorities? has there been any comment on that?

1) Possibly anyone.
2) Yes.

The sad reality is Essendon will probably get punished even if everything's proven to be above board. The AFL need to nail the door shut after the horse has bolted, and you lot will be made an example of just for the sake of making an example of something.

It sucks but I reckon that's how it is.

SK school girl saga was meant to end the SKFC but it fell on its arse after a week or two.
Equating the Kim Duthie scenario with this one is fanciful.

Nevertheless, by extension, we're not even a week in, are we?

It happens all the time. Scandals have short shelf life's generally especially if there are no hard facts.
My understanding is that facts will be released as the ACC sees fit and when the corresponding ASADA investigation is wound up.

Essendon's reaction is a fact - a PR nightmare as it might eventuate.

The sad reality is Essendon will probably get punished even if everything's proven to be above board. The AFL need to nail the door shut after the horse has bolted, and you lot will be made an example of just for the sake of making an example of something.

That makes no sense what so ever. You didn't do anything but hey we are going to hit with a fine anyway.

Essendon apparently don't even know if they are are drug cheats so you are extremely simple-minded to make a informed opinion at this stage.That goes for both sides of the argument.

It all comes back to the stomach injections,use of I.V's and consent/waiver forms. If Essendon do manage to get the all clear due to testing comes back negative(which I fully expect due to the uselessness of the tests of which the AFL has already admitted) I expect they will still go for using banned administering methods.I dont think any players will get suspended. A deal will get done between the AFL and ASADA. Heavy fines will pretty much be the punishment

In regard to the ACC investigations I would not be surprised if it dies a very slow death.They need to name Teams,players,coaches and I don't think they have the balls to do so.I will be very happy to stand corrected however to clean up the sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

$1.10 Mario/Teffy self-imploding before I get back from a long, leisurely breakfast.
$1.10 LU giggling uncontrollably at this
$200 Something new and factual being released about this issue
Betting suspended on someone claiming they know for "fact" essendon are in trouble

Reckon you're right. If the Cousins drama was enough to cast a pall on the whole AFL, leading to him being nailed for bringing the game into disrepute, then it's hard to believe that the Dons will cop any less as a club.

My bet is that the players will come away from this without any worries re: WADA bans. Dunno about the club side of things, but the AFL will definitely give the club some kind of belting for this whole mess regardless of what the investigation finds against Dank and co, and the club itself.

This is what certain opposition supporters would love to happen.

The joy of wanting to see Essendon bleed has transcended from the field of a game of football to this entire fiasco.

Make no mistake, when Essendon is cleared, I would want nothing more than for the club to exercise it's wealth in holding those responsible for bring OUR integrity into disrepute - before anything was even brought to a conclusion.

As for who'll be at their knees at the hands of the AFL, the club that has been specifically targeted by ASADA and the ACC can happily accept it.

Damn right we're 'P.17',

PREMIERSHIP #17

That makes no sense what so ever. You didn't do anything but hey we are going to hit with a fine anyway.

"Bringing the game into disrepute"........meaning "you embarassed us and now you're gonna pay"

The AFL don't want people to know all the dirty secrets like forced injections in the stomach and so forth. They don't want to appear weak and incompetent on the drugs issue. They have been humiliated this week and will take it out on you....

It's a crummy deal but that's how it is.

Make no mistake, when Essendon is cleared, I would want nothing more than for the club to exercise it's wealth in holding those responsible for bring OUR integrity into disrepute - before anything was even brought to a conclusion.
I can't see anything that has happened that couldn't be attributed to your own clubs doing.

2) McVeigh coming out like a man possessed speaking nonsense that raised more questions than it answered - Including overly emotive phrases, suggesting he "could speak for everyone".
5) The Kyle Reimers interview, no matter how painful to the ear, that contradicted much of what McVeigh said in spite of that interview occuring earlier than McVeigh's.

I'm interested to comprehend on how you see two examples of the same media, of the same scenario with a player stating his own point of view and then choosing to only accept one as fact against the other?

The onus is on WADA to prove wrongdoing. Just as it is in court. It is their duty to find actual evidence pertaining as such beyond a reasonable doubt.
In the presence of a positive test, it is up to the athlete to prove their innocence. Granted there is no positive test at this stage, but that is how WADA/ASADA operates just for the record.

If, by WADA, you mean the media, then I'll give you that.
Since when is one a euphemism for the other? What are you smoking?

Lance pushes the boundaries to where I can't because he is pally with the people up stairs.

I gotta say, there is certainly a different set of mod standards on this board to any other board. I don't spend much time on the AFL board as rule, so my experience in this thread has been an eye-opener.

In the last 48 hours I've had 3 fairly innocuous posts deleted in this thread( they weren't related to lance, BTW). I haven't had 3 posts deleted in 10 years of posting every day on SR+P in much more robust conversations than here.

"Bringing the game into disrepute"........meaning "you embarassed us and now you're gonna pay"

The AFL don't want people to know all the dirty secrets like forced injections in the stomach and so forth. They don't want to appear weak and incompetent on the drugs issue. They have been humiliated this week and will take it out on you....

It's a crummy deal but that's how it is.
Yeah nah. "If" they do punshish us it wont be anything that will break us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back