Mega Thread AFL to investigate Essendon for controversial fitness program - PART3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

How can you go from ESSENDON ARE THE CLUB ON PAGE 17 WHEREAS OTHER CLUBS JUST HAVE A FEW BAD EGGS to such ignominy now?

how's that brain going Brainiac????

so we're "close to extinction" are we?? You must be one embarrassed little man today.
I will accept your apology here. Get to it.

I actually think this is really bad news (sports wise).

If we make the assumption that the reports are right, and Dank has been doing the dodgy imports, and some may have ended up in efc players without their knowledge, this alone has the potential to bring down a massive number of plays just through 1-2 people screwing over Essendon.

If this is not the page 17 team, how bloody bad is what the page 17 team done? Only thing I can think of is active support of a program by senior officials with possible player buy in. I'm still getting my head around the idea of individual players and officials doing their thing, but this would bust my brain.

You're still dodging my question of why players would request a consent form, BTW.
I am not dodging anything.

As I understand it, the "consent form/waiver/smoking gun" that you're so fixated on was two-fold; it was a document requested by the players to guarantee they were not taking anything illegal, as well as a confidentiality agreement

If this is not the page 17 team, how bloody bad is what the page 17 team done? Only thing I can think of is active support of a program by senior officials with possible player buy in. I'm still getting my head around the idea of individual players and officials doing their thing, but this would bust my brain.

Do you honestly believe that some mysterious sports guru was plonking IV's in to players without any further club oversight?

It starts and finishes there?

So what does this Danke bloke do if it turns out his work was all above board? The crappy paper in Melbourne has pretty much ensured he'll never work again. Can you sue a 'journalist' for hypothesizing on a hypothesis?
He'd have to become a registered sports psychologist first, wouldn't he?

you've identified one potential lie. Oh well, sack the lot of them then!

:rolleyes:
Jesus Lance, I think you might me in need of some medication yourself - legal or illegal. A diaper probably wouldn't hurt either.

They should be sacked for ignoring the advice of a real doctor - one of the most respected in the country - and taking the advice of a botox riddled official and shady operator who isn't a doctor.

Jesus Lance, I think you might me in need of some medication yourself - legal or illegal. A diaper probably wouldn't hurt either.

They should be sacked for ignoring the advice of a real doctor - one of the most respected in the country - and taking the advice of a botox riddled official and shady operator who isn't a doctor.
you mean the one they sacked last year after the doctor referred to raised concerns?

I am not dodging anything.

As I understand it, the "consent form/waiver/smoking gun" that you're so fixated on was two-fold; it was a document requested by the players to guarantee they were not taking anything illegal, as well as a confidentiality agreement
Your post #42 in this part of this thread was a classic deflection because you didn't have an answer. You still don't; now you're describing a waiver and not a consent form.

It wasn't a consent form. Because that wouldn't make any sense.

wow, that's convenient
But Fairfax Media understands that Essendon was not the club singled out for ''team-based doping orchestrated by some club officials and coaching staff'''.

dear on dear oh dear,

You coward:thumbsdown:

Fwiw I know he's said it, but up the guts actually is a lawyer (handy because he usually gives us the reports after the supporter group for tiger barracking lawyers meet).

He actually flagged early on if nothing else, this whole situation would be a nice earner for him, so not surprising he's OT of the game (on bf) now

The report the ACC released was remarkably similar to the way rumours are posted on Bigfooty:
1. Something is happening, it's really serious
2. Vague about exactly who is involved
3. Scant details on how the information was uncovered (can't reveal sources)
4. Happy to fuel rampant speculation that tarnishes individuals and organization.
5. The claim of having a lot more information, just not going to tell you
6. Fishing for information from people who are actually in the know.

Pack of trolls.

Fwiw I know he's said it, but up the guts actually is a lawyer (handy because he usually gives us the reports after the supporter group for tiger barracking lawyers meet).

He actually flagged early on if nothing else, this whole situation would be a nice earner for him, so not surprising he's OT of the game (on bf) now
he has been slinging mud all week, but the very second it becomes apparent Essendon may not have done what he's accused them of, he can no longer post in the thread.

Remarkable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you honestly believe that some mysterious sports guru was plonking IV's in to players without any further club oversight?

It starts and finishes there?

Yes, because it sounds like most clubs gave these guys next to no oversight.

They were over riding coaches in most clubs, and doctors in several. Does that sound like they were being properly controlled?

Just a warniong to some of the newer posters to Big Footy.

If you ever find yourself agreeing with the same position taken by Wally Carter/Teffy/Old Skool/Hard To Beat then its time to re-assess your position.

The poor kid finds it hard to get dressed by himself in the morning let alone get a complex argument correct.

There is a reason he's had 4 aliases you know.

you mean the one they sacked last year after the doctor referred to raised concerns?
You forgot the word 'eventually'.

They didn't sack him when the doctor raised concerns.

Now remind me . . . why exactly did they sack him if he wasn't doing anything wrong?

If you ever find yourself agreeing with the same position taken by Wally Carter/Teffy/Old Skool/Hard To Beat then its time to re-assess your position.

The poor kid finds it hard to get dressed by himself in the morning let alone get a complex argument correct.

he is the most craven, cowardly poster on BigFooty.

Classic playing the man and not the ball. In fact this post is like one of those picture competitions where they remove the ball entirely and make you guess which grid square it might have appeared in originally.

he has been slinging mud all week, but the very second it becomes apparent Essendon may not have done what he's accused them of, he can no longer post in the thread.

Remarkable.

Don't disagree in the mudslinging, but the minute he bills a single afl client on this, legally he can't get involved anymore.

Fwiw the same happened to me in previous years. Was banging on in a particular thread about a shit company, and then I became involved in a potential recall for them. Had to stop posting immediately

You forgot the word 'eventually'.

They didn't sack him when the doctor raised concerns.

Now remind me . . . why exactly did they sack him if he wasn't doing anything wrong?
how do you know when the doctor raised concerns, can you tell me that?

As for doing nothing wrong, I have said, over and over and over again, that the conduct of Dank will lead to some kind of sanctions for Essendon because of the way he operated. He should never be administering injections himself if that's what he did. He had to go.

But that does not mean he administered banned substances and it appears that is now the prevailing opinion. Essendon are maybe not drug cheats after all. Are you willing to concede that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back