Mega Thread AFL to investigate Essendon for controversial fitness program - PART3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can put me down for Essendon being the P.17 Club.
well that's no surprise. You are so invested in this you can't say anything differently.

On Friday, ASADA met officials from Essendon for the first time. It now seems that while the Australian Crime Commission had suspicions regarding certain individuals at Essendon, ASADA only moved to investigate the club after it reported itself to the AFL this week.
Where is that ostrich head in the sand gif when you need it?

Seems to me the people in power are feverishly trying to put the lid back on Pandoras box, 6 months time this story will be remembered as the biggest non event ever, but with one maybe 2 casualties.
so true.

essendon and other guilty parties will not be punished and this will just be swept under the rug.

So where are we at?

Report says individuals at Essendon, yet makes mention of a club knee deep in shit. Why make mention of individuals if Essendon are the club?

I'll summarise again, you have all wet my appetite.

So far, Bombers supporters such as Lance Uppercut have not argued that their club isn't in the wrong. They have argued that we should all wait until all of the facts have come out. Instead , everyone took innuendo and opinion for fact and ran with it, smashing bombers fans from pillar to post.

Now it seems all of the opinion was premature or misjudged, yet there is no easing of the attacks.

I'm not saying that the bombers are not in fault, personally I think that they are in for a bit of pain. I'm sing that you have all misjudged the bombers fans. They aren't in denial, they just aren't listening to rumours and opinion.

Bingo!

I do listen to some of the rumors though. If they're ridiculous or a clear fudging of facts then I'll respond to them. Also I do face up to the POSSIBILITY that even the most outlandish COULD be true.

LOL at LanceUppercut and his Bomber buddies circulating this thread trying helplessly to defend his club.

Must the facts be stated again?

- Dean Robinson contacted Stephen Dank to join him on his quest to bulk up the Bomber players.
- Dank is a director of MRC, which has a website that sells banned substances.
- Another director of MRC is linked to John Ibrahim and the Comanchero Motorcycle Club.
- Players were taken off site for stomach injections.
- GHRP-6 is commonly injected where the stomach fat is located.
- GHRP-6 is a substance used for muscle growth and the Bomber players got noticably bigger in a short amount of time.
- An unnatural, rapid muscle growth is what leads to stress on tendons, leading to soft tissue injuries.
- EFC had the worst case of soft tissue injuries in the history of the AFL by far.
- The ACC report CLEARLY states that an instance of team based doping, orchestrated by some club officials and coaching staff has been IDENTIFIED.
- The report goes on to say, that aside from the peptide's anabolic effects, is HAS BEEN FOUND that injured athletes, particularly from one sporting code, have been using peptides to assist in rehabilitating soft tissue injuries.
- Your club has admitted that they do not know what was given to their players, hence they went to ASADA.
- Vitamin C and B are nowhere near serious enough to go to ASADA.
- Mark McVeigh's explanation is ridiculous. Vitamin C is not injected into the stomach and secondly it is only normally injected into people who are severly deficient in Vitamin C. The injection itself is quite painful and it causes the muscles to hurt for hours, possibly days. Try training and recovering with that muscle pain. To think that a team of AFL footballers was severly lacking in Vitamin C is absolutely ridiculous and quite frankly an insult to everybody's intelligence.
- Also players wouldn't request any consent forms if all they were getting were Vitamin B and C shots.

If you think there is even a remote chance that it's some other club be it from AFL or NRL you are outright delusional.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- The ACC report CLEARLY states that an instance of team based doping, orchestrated by some club officials and coaching staff has been IDENTIFIED.

On Friday, ASADA met officials from Essendon for the first time. It now seems that while the Australian Crime Commission had suspicions regarding certain individuals at Essendon, ASADA only moved to investigate the club after it reported itself to the AFL this week.
delusional eh?

This article clearly claims that, rather than an organisational concern, the ACC are looking merely at individuals at Essendon.

This would appear on the face of it to debunk entirely your claim that Essendon are the club in question, and at worse put us at a level of, say, North in maybe having a few isolated players to be concerned about. Or, if that's delusional, that Essendon supporters are no more delusional than, say, yourself

I hope you're right, but I can't agree with your conclusion. If the individuals mentioned in the article refer to your sports scientist and high performance manager, that still fits the paragraph pertaining to systematic doping on page 17.

I hope you're right, but I can't agree with your conclusion. If the individuals mentioned in the article refer to your sports scientist and high performance manager, that still fits the paragraph pertaining to systematic doping on page 17.
so the distinction between individuals and team that have been used to crucify Essendon en masse through this thread are now defunct, in favour of another more convient definition whereby the individuals are now in fact the key figures that make up the definition of club?

Logic. Who needs it.

- Also players wouldn't request any consent forms if all they were getting were Vitamin B and C shots.
Players wouldn't request consent forms, period. Makes no sense.

I'll spell it out.

It's preferable to continually making allusions.

You were convinced Essendon was the club who had systematically doped our players under the ratification of the club.

I have logically concluded this based upon several strands of strong circumstantial evidence and in the light of no present likely alternative.

In contrast, every other club had to worry at most about one or two players being done for sourcing substances and administering them off their own bat.

I don't know if this applies to "every other club" and I don't know how many actual players are suspected.

This article clearly claims that, rather than an organisational concern, the ACC are looking merely at individuals at Essendon.

The article doesn't claim anything "clearly" of that nature at all.

The words "Australian Crime Commission" appear twice in the article.

1)
It appears beyond doubt that personnel who worked at Essendon last season are among those referred to in Thursday's occasionally explosive report put forward by the Australian Crime Commission.

Wow, your own source seems to support my premise in my first reply. Not the best debating skills I have ever seen Lance.
2)
This states absolutely nothing. ASADA first saw Essendon on Friday, so what? What is your point?
Do you honestly believe that the ACC share sensitive and privileged information with a handful of biochemists and glorified clerks at ASADA?
It's the other way around my friend. The ACC will sit back and analyse ASADA's findings and woe betide anyone who doesn't step forward, or who lies and/or misleads ASADA in contravention of the evidence (y'know statements, phone taps, tracking devices, listening devices, etc.) that has been accumulated by the ACC. They will let ASADA do the work for them.
Do you see how it works now Lance?
This would appear on the face of it to debunk entirely your claim that Essendon are the club in question, and at worse put us at a level of, say, North in maybe having a few isolated players to be concerned about. Or, if that's delusional, that Essendon supporters are no more delusional than, say, yourself

Read above again, and then read it again another time.

it does if you actually understand the situation.
Do tell.

Essendon asking players to sign a consent form for the treatment they're about to receive makes sense.
Essendon asking players to sign a waiver, protecting them from potential future legal action in the event of a positive test makes sense.
The players asking for a waiver, stating that the treatment they're about to receive does not contain any substances on the ASADA banned substances list makes sense.

The players asking for a consent form, as Mark McVeigh suggests, makes no sense under any scenario I can currently imagine.

Uppercut, that is just playing semantics. Certain individuals can indoctrinate a whole club.

For instance they could have initially been focussing on one character and their involvement with organised crime and then realised that the team were being injected with illegal/potentially illegal substances (that's what ASADA will focus on)

ASADA has only started formally investigating the specific relevant issues raised in the ACC report since its release this week.
The report stated;
As the appropriate regulatory agency, ASADA will conduct its own investigation of matters raised by this project.
The issue of whether particular athletes have committed an anti-doping rule violation will be determined by the formal process which governs ASADA investigations of this type.

As Essendon requested ASADA investigation they may simply be the first cab off the rank.

If the individuals referred to in Caro's report were, for example, Dank & Robinson I fail to see how that excludes Essendon from being the page 17 club.

Tanks_Alot You have to be trolling but considering you put in at least a modicum of effort I'll bite.

- The report goes on to say, that aside from the peptide's anabolic effects, is HAS BEEN FOUND that injured athletes, particularly from one sporting code, have been using peptides to assist in rehabilitating soft tissue injuries.

I'll start with this because everything else you've stated has already been discussed and had reasonable explanations put forth. If we had supposedly been using peptides to assist in rehabilitation why did we continue to have such a horrible record at getting players back from injury? Take a look at the recovery periods for Zaharakis vs Goodes during the year. Something tells me we weren't giving him anything illegal to get him back quicker.. Or maybe Goodes was just on better stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back