Mega Thread AFL to investigate Essendon for controversial fitness program - PART3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uppercut, that is just playing semantics. Certain individuals can indoctrinate a whole club.

For instance they could have initially been focussing on one character and their involvement with organised crime and then realised that the team were being injected with illegal/potentially illegal substances (that's what ASADA will focus on)

Apparently that's illogical.

Uppercut, that is just playing semantics. Certain individuals can indoctrinate a whole club.

For instance they could have initially been focussing on one character and their involvement with organised crime and then realised that the team were being injected with illegal/potentially illegal substances (that's what ASADA will focus on)
Err, you're also playing semantics there champ :thumbsu:

In fact, saying individuals = entire list is a less likely statement?

Tanks_Alot You have to be trolling but considering you put in at least a modicum of effort I'll bite.

I'll start with this because everything else you've stated has already been discussed and had reasonable explanations put forth. If we had supposedly been using peptides to assist in rehabilitation why did we continue to have such a horrible record at getting players back from injury? A simple look at Zaharakis vs Goodes makes you look like an idiot.

If a club was using drugs not approved for human use who knows what the short,medium, long term effects would be.

Maybe more injuries?

If a club was using drugs not approved for human use who knows what the short,medium, long term effects would be.

Maybe more injuries?
That's still alleged. Stop using opinion and rumour as fact.

Err, you're also playing semantics there champ :thumbsu:

In fact, saying individuals = entire list is a less likely statement?

No I am not.

I suggesting that the ACC may have had a focus on an individual and then subsequently discovered that the team were using PED's.

$49 million on an A league match. :eek:
Someone pointed out to me that Vegas held something like $76m on the SuperBowl. Gives you an idea of how disproportionate that amount of money wagered on an A-League game is.

Maybe more injuries?

Possbily, but he specifically mentioned peptides. More likely that they are simply illegal, rather than not fit for human consumption a la something like calves blood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No I am not.

I suggesting that the ACC may have had a focus on an individual and then subsequently discovered that the team were using PED's.
that's all well and good, but that doesn't discount the fact that they might not be investigating the whole club. I would still argue that that statement in isolation points that way.

Poor old Doc Reid is the bloke i feel sorry for.
Yeah, me too. You've just got to hope he stood between Dank and the players and said...

gandalf.jpg

I mean, seriously, how can you pounce on this:

It now seems that while the Australian Crime Commission had suspicions regarding certain individuals at Essendon, ASADA only moved to investigate the club after it reported itself to the AFL this week.
Yet somehow amazingly overlook this:
IT IS beyond doubt that Essendon adopted unusual and irresponsible practices in transforming so much of its football program into a body-building laboratory during 2012.
While the Bombers remain determined in their belief they did not feed performance-enhancing drugs to their players, there is genuine fear at Windy Hill that those practices could still prove to be anti-doping rule violations under the ASADA code. Even if the players escape punishment, officials guilty of those violations face two-year bans.
It appears beyond doubt that personnel who worked at Essendon last season are among those referred to in Thursday's occasionally explosive report put forward by the Australian Crime Commission.
Essendon is one club being investigated, as are Geelong and the Gold Coast.

it is Essendon that continues to find itself the face of the scandal
There is no doubt the club has made some terrible mistakes. That chief executive Ian Robson allowed people to take positions of responsibility at the club with such dubious connections has damaged his credibility and could cost him his job.
Find another hobby Lance.

Tanks_Alot your "facts" are embarrassingly tenuous

LOL that's because they make things look very bleak for your club. You cannot dispute any of them and the ACC clearly hs stated that foul play has been discovered. It is in the report, it cannot be disputed. The evidence against your club is damning.

So yeah, keep thinking it's Geelong, Gold Coast (who ****** Dank off immediately once they discovered the truth about him) or Manly.

I on the other hand, like most supporters from the other clubs in this thread will continue to use my brain and believe that the EFC is close to extinction.

Tanks_Alot You have to be trolling but considering you put in at least a modicum of effort I'll bite.

I'll start with this because everything else you've stated has already been discussed and had reasonable explanations put forth. If we had supposedly been using peptides to assist in rehabilitation why did we continue to have such a horrible record at getting players back from injury? Take a look at the recovery periods for Zaharakis vs Goodes during the year. Something tells me we weren't giving him anything illegal to get him back quicker.. Or maybe Goodes was just on better stuff?

Because your player's bodies weren't used to the rapid muscle growth and so the tendons had immense strain on them causing the soft tissue injuries. The peptides also have an anabolic effect, that's what it also CLEARLY states in the ACC report. So while they were used to assist in the soft tissue injury recovery, at the same time, their bodies had already been subjected to immense strain from rapid growth and brutal pre season training.

If anything, the peptides got them back on the track sooner than what they would've been had they not taken them.

Zaha and Goodes are two different people, meaning their bodies both have different recovery rates. Not to mention they had a different severity to their quad injury. There's also the small chance that Zaha refused to be injected with anything.

I was waiting for you to respond to the latest information given your expertise between "clubs" and "players"

can you use this thread to expand on your previously stated theories?

I wouldn't be saying "game over" yet. This news still matches the scenario I've discussed previously.

The "individuals" the acc is studying may not be players, but may be the Pharmacist and the Weapon. Given their roles, the implications remain club wide IF the dodgy imports were used without knowledge on efc players, which means page 17 may still be relevant for you guys.

If its not you guys, what other afl/NRL clubs had a shocker run with soft tissue injuries for 2012? (that's just a question, not a loaded one btw)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back