Mega Thread AFL to investigate Essendon for controversial fitness program - PART3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much coincidence are we meant to buy?

Charter allegedly supplying Dank with supplements, after Hird had gotten "nutritional advice"(before he was convicted for drug trafficking) from the same guy years earlier. That's just a small coincidence.

Hird and Evans going to a presentation of AOD-9604, months before it was being investigated at the EFC. Just a little more coincidence.

AOD-9604 being named in the ACC report, now being linked to Dank and his time at Essendon(even though Hird and Co say they've no idea what supplements were being used). Again, just a pure coincidence.

Essendon finding a well known Essendon fan and friend of the chairman to launch an internal investigation. Coincidence, I tell you.

What was it that Evan's was saying at the club launch? This will be a watershed moment? We've made mistakes? We will rebuild?

No, that means little to what's going on with the ACC and ASADA spotlight shining on his club. It was purely just coincidental that he used those words.
So now you are saying Doc Reid ok'd the use of peptides that weren't even approved for humans to be injected 40 times into his players...

Really? You mustn't think much of him

So now you are saying Doc Reid ok'd the use of peptides that weren't even approved for humans to be injected 40 times into his players...

Really? You mustn't think much of him
Oh dear

Yes you're right.
But I'm interested in knowing is there a time frame for NRL/AFL revealling of the club/clubs in question or are they going to wait till the end of all the investigations?

Nope, it's about thinking you legally can. NRL thinks it can, afl thinks it can't.

Fair enough. Regards the punishments, as it seems that the club was not endorsing any wrong doings, as many Essendon supporters having been trying to claim for a long time now, but it turns out that some players were seeing Dank out of school then I'm 100% certain the club would sack them on the spot and no other club would ever pick them up. It would be curtains on their footy career.

If players used PED's knowing, 100% agree. I'm still hoping this notion of players seeking him out is complete bs

Cool, GM said Essendon players MAY have been injected with banned substances without their knowledge.

That clears that up, thanks

There were some reports from NSW yesterday that players from 2 NRL clubs and Essendon sought him out directly, outside the club arrangements.

Still too early to know if its bs or true, but hoping bs. As fishy said, any players who did this will be toast

This is all irrelevant really. This is about the EFC.

Besides, just b/c other behave badly, it doesn't make it right, does it? And it is not an excuse for our own bad behaviour. We should be rising above all this.

So the issue you raised is irrelevant? Or the idea that other supporters would act in exactly the same way? You earlier suggested some of the vitriol directed towards Essendon supporters were the result of how they acted within BF previously - I don't think they act any differently to any other club.

And I kind of question the idea that people are behaving badly on Big Footy. Is this thread really any different to the usual BF experience?

How much coincidence are we meant to buy?

You're the one making these tenuous coincidences.

Charter allegedly supplying Dank with supplements, after Hird had gotten "nutritional advice"(before he was convicted for drug trafficking) from the same guy years earlier. That's just a small coincidence.

Either come out and say you think Hird is a drug cheat, or STFU. None of this "quotation mark" bullshit, either say he is a drug cheat or don't mention it at all.

As for Dank and Charters, they both are active in similar fields. It's perfectly acceptable that they would know each other through business. But no, continue with your unfounded bullshit and accusations against Hird.

Hird and Evans going to a presentation of AOD-9604, months before it was being investigated at the EFC. Just a little more coincidence.

Are you going to provide any sources to back this up? Or are you just going to continue to fling shit at Essendon in the hope that some sticks?

AOD-9604 being named in the ACC report, now being linked to Dank and his time at Essendon(even though Hird and Co say they've no idea what supplements were being used). Again, just a pure coincidence.

Which page was this drug mentioned on? What sources are available to confirm that Essendon are being investigated for this drug? What proof is there that this drug was even used?

No such thing as innocent until proven guilty in your eyes, obviously.

Essendon finding a well known Essendon fan and friend of the chairman to launch an internal investigation. Coincidence, I tell you.

What the hell do you mean by coincidence?

What is the purpose of this coincidence in the grand scheme?

Are you saying that this coincidence means we're drug cheats? Otherwise I have no idea what you're trying to get at by including this.

What was it that Evan's was saying at the club launch? This will be a watershed moment? We've made mistakes? We will rebuild?

Yes, we must be guilty. :rolleyes:

He couldn't possiblely being talking about the mistakes in the administration that led to a situation like this. He couldn't possibly be reffering to rebuilding the reputation and the image of the club that has been battered despite nothing illegal being shown to have happened. He couldn't possibly see this as a watershed moment for the club as it moves on in to the future with stronger professionalism and players becoming even more of a team. Could it?

Nah, we must be guilty.

No, that means little to what's going on with the ACC and ASADA spotlight shining on his club. It was purely just coincidental that he used those words.

Read above.

You're like a pig rolling in shit in this thread. It's disgraceful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're the one making these tenuous coincidences.

Either come out and say you think Hird is a drug cheat, or STFU. None of this "quotation mark" bullshit, either say he is a drug cheat or don't mention it at all.

As for Dank and Charters, they both are active in similar fields. It's perfectly acceptable that they would know each other through business. But no, continue with your unfounded bullshit and accusations against Hird.

Are you going to provide any sources to back this up? Or are you just going to continue to fling shit at Essendon in the hope that some sticks?

Which page was this drug mentioned on? What sources are available to confirm that Essendon are being investigated for this drug? What proof is there that this drug was even used?

No such thing as innocent until proven guilty in your eyes, obviously.

What the hell do you mean by coincidence?

What is the purpose of this coincidence in the grand scheme?

Are you saying that this coincidence means we're drug cheats? Otherwise I have no idea what you're trying to get at by including this.

Yes, we must be guilty. :rolleyes:

He couldn't possiblely being talking about the mistakes in the administration that led to a situation like this. He couldn't possibly be reffering to rebuilding the reputation and the image of the club that has been battered despite nothing illegal being shown to have happened. He couldn't possibly see this as a watershed moment for the club as it moves on in to the future with stronger professionalism and players becoming even more of a team. Could it?

Nah, we must be guilty.

Read above.

You're like a pig rolling in shit in this thread. It's disgraceful.
Whoa big fella - this thread is about putting the pieces of a very messy puzzle together. I think we are getting closer.

So the issue you raised is irrelevant? Or the idea that other supporters would act in exactly the same way? You earlier suggested some of the vitriol directed towards Essendon supporters were the result of how they acted within BF previously - I don't think they act any differently to any other club.

And I kind of question the idea that people are behaving badly on Big Footy. Is this thread really any different to the usual BF experience?

You might have to speak up, that horse he his on is a long way up from here.

Whoa big fella - this thread is about putting the pieces of a very messy puzzle together. I think we are getting closer.

No, this thread is about a dozen or so posters trying to get random pieces from multiple different puzzles and smashing them all together to make a completely new image that suits their purpose.

No, this thread is about a dozen or so posters trying to get random pieces from multiple different puzzles and smashing them all together to make a completely new image that suits their purpose.

Look, there is no doubt trolling going on, but on the main part there is a bunch of people who love the game trying to make some sort of sense out if it all. I've got nothing against the bombers and certainly have no desire to see them go down - unless these allegations prove to be true. I dont even blame essendon supporters sticking up for their club - hell, I did the same for mine not all that long ago. There does, however, seem to be a real lack of - what the hell is going on at my club - from bomber fans. The constant barrage of 'Essendons all clear' just doesn't make sense in the overwhelming scheme of things.

Look, there is no doubt trolling going on, but on the main part there is a bunch of people who love the game trying to make some sort of sense out if it all. I've got nothing against the bombers and certainly have no desire to see them go down - unless these allegations prove to be true. I dont even blame essendon supporters sticking up for their club - hell, I did the same for mine not all that long ago. There does, however, seem to be a real lack of - what the hell is going on at my club - from bomber fans. The constant barrage of 'Essendons all clear' just doesn't make sense in the overwhelming scheme of things.

It's a merry-go-round alright.:confused:

I agree with you with the media being untruthful, but they are generally untruthful to get money out of our pockets swaying votes and trying to get laws put in place and protecting something.

This has been going on for over a month the peak of media hits is well over the only people defending this is are the AFL, Essendon and the Essendon fans.

The fact it is been going on for a month and the story from the beggining is that Essendon doped and that story has not changed it has become more defined real info has been presented.

If this was all a hoax dont you think the AFL and Essendon would be suing? if they got nothing to hide they could make an absolute killing, its been a month no one has been to court yet that tells you something right there.

AFL will be extremely lucky if it stops at 1 club.

PS: Lance I hope your time and energy is well worth it, I really do hope so coming from someone who claims that they are intelligent.
Pfft I have never made that claim of anything like it. Quotes too much to ask for? I'd suggest it's just your assumption from your perception of me

There is an ASADA investigation going on which will tell us this ... what do you want us to do, demand sackings before the facts are known?

A few calls on here for Dank to go to jail and for Dank to fess up for his own benefit and take others down with him. I can see how he gets an 8 year to life ban for supplying illegal substances at Cronulla and/or Essendon but I don't see breaking the laws of the land anywhere. Maybe importing illegal substances but we haven't seen anything on that and won't because it would be within the ACC. Anyone know any logical reason for Dank to fess up other than malice ?

Nope, it's about thinking you legally can. NRL thinks it can, afl thinks it can't.

Well, considering the NRL did it pretty much from week 1 and have continued to provide information since, it's pretty clear that it's fine. The AFL just want to keep it covered up and cast every team in doubt.

There is an ASADA investigation going on which will tell us this ... what do you want us to do, demand sackings before the facts are known?

ASADA has interviewed the Essendon officials. If everything is above board as they claim, is there anything preventing them from appearing in a television interview a la Dank, and answering the same questions publicly?

ASADA has interviewed the Essendon officials. If everything is above board as they claim, is there anything preventing them from appearing in a television interview a la Dank, and answering the same questions publicly?

Its illegal for them to make public statements or so we are told....:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back