Mega Thread AFL to investigate Essendon for controversial fitness program - PART3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASADA has interviewed the Essendon officials. If everything is above board as they claim, is there anything preventing them from appearing in a television interview a la Dank, and answering the same questions publicly?

They would be under instruction from their lawyer not to say a word about the investigation. End of the day loose lips sink ships.

If any posters have a problem with the mods then send us a PM. Public mod bashing will see some holidays handed out.

It's also a laughable claim that the only trolling going on is by non-Essendon supporters. I've deleted plenty of posts from both parties.

I'd like to know how the 7.30 Report knows that AOD9604 was used at Essendon. I don't think the ACC specifically says that. ASADA should not be releasing those details to the media before interviewing players. No where in that 7.30 Report did it say the "Gazelle" provided that info. Gazelle simply mentioned they have provided non-prohibited substances.

Has the 7.30 Report confused AOD9604 with the presentation to Hird and Evans?

ASADA has said that Essendon has detailed record of what was given to players and none were prohibited. Yes AOD 9604 is not prohibited as not even cleared for human use. So I really doubt Reid would have approved. Certainly some players may have seen Dank secretly and rec'd this.

But still don't understand how 7.30 Report knows for a fact that AOD9604 was used at Essendon?
Baffling.

There were some reports from NSW yesterday that players from 2 NRL clubs and Essendon sought him out directly, outside the club arrangements.

Still too early to know if its bs or true, but hoping bs. As fishy said, any players who did this will be toast

I dont undersatnd why its considered bad for players to seak out an employer or an ex-employee of a club for advice? especially when those clubs employed him in the first place and by doing that endorsed him.

Dank under investigation by ASADA>>>>>>>Links to NRL/AFL Clubs>>>>>>>ASADA with no hard evidence,Buys Fishing licence>>>>Goes Fishing>>>>>>No Fish>>>>>ASADA demands both NRL and AFL to take some kind of action>>>>All clubs fined>>>>>Fishing Trip Finished.

I'd like to know how the 7.30 Report knows that AOD9604 was used at Essendon. I don't think the ACC specifically says that. ASADA should not be releasing those details to the media before interviewing players. No where in that 7.30 Report did it say the "Gazelle" provided that info. Gazelle simply mentioned they have provided non-prohibited substances.

Has the 7.30 Report confused AOD9604 with the presentation to Hird and Evans?

ASADA has said that Essendon has detailed record of what was given to players and none were prohibited. Yes AOD 9604 is not prohibited as not even cleared for human use. So I really doubt Reid would have approved. Certainly some players may have seen Dank secretly and rec'd this.

But still don't understand how 7.30 Report knows for a fact that AOD9604 was used at Essendon?
Baffling.

Mate dont you get it?

The ABC is the govt mouthpiece, If the feds want to leak something they do it through the ABC.

bt it is interesting that Hird and Evans attended a presentation on the drug which had ties to the compny tht provided it who were heavily invlved with Dr Dank.

It is coincedence hat AOD-12345 is the drug allegedly tken by your players, not approved for human consumption, no wonder the players were asked to sign waivers.

How does Timmy Watson feel now that he finds out that the fruit of his loins was used in a Mengele type of experiment.

Question is will they enter the players in the Melbourne Cup?

There is an ASADA investigation going on which will tell us this ... what do you want us to do, demand sackings before the facts are known?

No of course not. But I'd like to see questions asked by Bomber fans, I'd like to see them actively participate in the conversations going on in here other than the "Trust me, Essendon are ok on this" posts that proliferate the thread. Or the ones accusing people trying to get a handle on everything of being conspiracy theorists or slanderers. I agree that some posters in here are clearly delighted with what is happening to your club, but they are in the minority. Most of us are asking the hard questions that need to be asked.

It's a bit foolish to tar the ABC with the same media brush as the Herald Sun or The Age.

They are a Govt. funded media outlet, their funding is going to be cut off if they have a culture of baseless claims that puts them at legal risk.

The 7.30 Report & 4 Corners are leading shows in terms of media awards and the investigative departments of both are industry leaders.

ASADA has interviewed the Essendon officials. If everything is above board as they claim, is there anything preventing them from appearing in a television interview a la Dank, and answering the same questions publicly?
It's ASADA performing the investigation, not the media, and not bigfooty. Its standard practice for any investigation to let the investigation run its course and only state the results when it comes to its conclusion. Essendon are cooperating with this. I'm not sure why people are even questioning this.

No of course not. But I'd like to see questions asked by Bomber fans, I'd like to see them actively participate in the conversations going on in here other than the "Trust me, Essendon are ok on this" posts that proliferate the thread. Or the ones accusing people trying to get a handle on everything of being conspiracy theorists or slanderers. I agree that some posters in here are clearly delighted with what is happening to your club, but they are in the minority. Most of us are asking the hard questions that need to be asked.

We do this elsewhere, without the need to waddle through 5 pages of shit to find a genuine question. Haven't you noticed if we answer 1 single question here we get 25 responses claiming WTF would we know, we are biased. If we dare ask where people got certain information from we get called for having blinkers on and fingers in ears. It's just the same shit going round and round and round and round and round.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a bit foolish to tar the ABC with the same media brush as the Herald Sun or The Age.

They are a Govt. funded media outlet, their funding is going to be cut off if they have a culture of baseless claims that puts them at legal risk.

The 7.30 Report & 4 Corners are leading shows in terms of media awards and the investigative departments of both are industry leaders.

Dont forget the legislation thats going through the kremlin parliament about gagging the media I bet you wish right now that those laws were in place

We do this elsewhere, without the need to waddle through 5 pages of shit to find a genuine question. Haven't you noticed if we answer 1 single question here we get 25 responses claiming WTF would we know, we are biased. If we dare ask where people got certain information from we get called for having blinkers on and fingers in ears. It's just the same shit going round and round and round and round and round.......

This is pretty big Dapper. Any new info and this site explodes. Essendon supporters talk it down and opposition supporters talk it up. This is going to be the process until the investigation is finished - actually long after it finishes as one side is not going to be happy or satisfied with the outcome. We are 5 weeks into a potential year long investigation.

Mate dont you get it?

The ABC is the govt mouthpiece, If the feds want to leak something they do it through the ABC.

bt it is interesting that Hird and Evans attended a presentation on the drug which had ties to the compny tht provided it who were heavily invlved with Dr Dank.

It is coincedence hat AOD-12345 is the drug allegedly tken by your players, not approved for human consumption, no wonder the players were asked to sign waivers.

How does Timmy Watson feel now that he finds out that the fruit of his loins was used in a Mengele type of experiment.

With respect, this is absolute horse shit. Strong misunderstanding of the ABC Charter and the proud independent tradition of this Australian institution

Mate dont you get it?

Sorry I didn't make myself clear, I was after a proper response, not hearsay and conspiracy theories.

Withe respect, this is absolute horse shit. Strong misunderstanding of the ABC Charter and the proud independent tradition of this Australian institution

I suppose left wing card carrying is truly independent comrade:cool:

If it was presented as part of a clinical trial then legal as far as normal non sport law is concerned. Which would explain the paperwork, consent forms.

Effectively, Essendon players were guinea pigs trailing a yet to be approved drug. Have been surprised no one has tracked down one of these constent forms yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back