AFL : too blind to see it.

Remove this Banner Ad

magpielicious

All Australian
Apr 29, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
The AFL is so obsessed with the first week of the finals being a success post the weeks break at the expense of the main show piece, the Grand Final. The focus should be on having the BEST game of the year being the grand final. Both teams should have a weeks rest leading into the game, so teams are as primed as possible, and the comp gets a deserving game.

I found Callum Mills burner account guys.

The AFL is so obsessed with the first week of the finals being a success post the weeks break at the expense of the main show piece, the Grand Final. The focus should be on having the BEST game of the year being the grand final. Both teams should have a weeks rest leading into the game, so teams are as primed as possible, and the comp gets a deserving game.

I actually don’t think this is the worst idea.

And no I don’t say this because I think it cost us the preliminary final but I did find myself thinking during it that the week off, week in, week off, week on, doesn’t exactly help in the momentum department for the top four sides who win their QF, except in the instances when they are trying to get players fit obviously (which admittedly would be just as often as not).

If they are trying to string the season out an extra week I don’t see the problem in doing it this way

I like potato scallops, not cakes.

We have had this in 2021. It was then changed back for some strange reasons in 2022? When an iconic player who has never played in a grand final has to miss out because of a slight head clash in a preliminary final, the football media will be in uproar, but blind Freddy can see this will happen soon.

I think the break before finals is badly timed. If a player misses out on the first week of finals due to a head knock, only players on the 2 teams eliminated won't play another one.

With the season including finals roughly 27 games, they should have byes at rounds 9, 18 and then before the gf, if they are going to have one.

It’s not the worst idea but my preference is for H&A to roll straight into four weeks of finals.

Unfortunately I think we’ll see the bye remain as it is the slot that, when the AFL ignores the will of the people and only sees $$$ signs, will be filled by Wild Card Weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was perfect in 2021, then nobody spoke of it again.

Allows you to have the Brownlow on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night.
Potentially line up round 1 of AFLW and give it clear air from the men's game.
Highlights the VFL Grand Final and most country and suburban Grand Finals around the country.

The below set-up gives you both a week off at the start of the finals series (for the top-6) and a week off before the Grand Final without extending the number of weeks of the finals series. You get the best of both worlds.

WEEK 1 (byes for 1,2,3,4,5 6,)
1st elimination final:
7 v 10
2nd elimination Final: 8 v 9

WEEK 2
1st Semi Final: 1st vs lowest ranked Elimination final winner (1 v 8)
2nd Semi Final: 2nd vs highest ranked Elimination final winner (2 v 7)
3rd Semi Final : 3 v 6
4th Semi Final : 4 v 5

WEEK 3
1st Preliminary Final: highest ranked team vs lowest ranked team (1 v 4)
2nd Preliminary Final: 2nd-highest ranked team vs 2nd lowest ranked team (2 v 3)

WEEK 4
Bye (ensuring 14 day break for Grand Final)

WEEK 5
Grand Final (1 v 2)

It was perfect in 2021, then nobody spoke of it again.

Allows you to have the Brownlow on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night.
Potentially line up round 1 of AFLW and give it clear air from the men's game.
Highlights the VFL Grand Final and most country and suburban Grand Finals around the country.
Yep and guaranteed a star player gets a concussion in a prelim and can't play the GF. It's bound to happen. Or the club will get caught lying and saying it's not a concussion. Won't be good.

The below set-up gives you both a week off at the start of the finals series (for the top-6) and a week off before the Grand Final without extending the number of weeks of the finals series. You get the best of both worlds.

WEEK 1 (byes for 1,2,3,4,5 6,)
1st elimination final:
7 v 10
2nd elimination Final: 8 v 9

WEEK 2
1st Semi Final: 1st vs lowest ranked Elimination final winner (1 v 8)
2nd Semi Final: 2nd vs highest ranked Elimination final winner (2 v 7)
3rd Semi Final : 3 v 6
4th Semi Final : 4 v 5

WEEK 3
1st Preliminary Final: highest ranked team vs lowest ranked team (1 v 4)
2nd Preliminary Final: 2nd-highest ranked team vs 2nd lowest ranked team (2 v 3)

WEEK 4
Bye (ensuring 14 day break for Grand Final)

WEEK 5
Grand Final (1 v 2)

We should have 2 weeks of Round Robin between 9th through 12th where they each play eachother twice with midweek games included.

Or, we reduce it to a top 6 finals series because good but not great teams simply dont belong in the finals.

Pre grandfinal bye
Have u18 and women’s state of origin and all season awards that weekend
How about starting the AWFL season early with there Grand Final on the Friday night at Marvel a free event a good PR for the AFL
Yes to a 2 week rest up to the men’s Grand Final.
Have all awards after the preliminary final.
Come Grand Final day play Academy AFL game/AFL reserves Grand Final at 10am half time of the curtain raiser have the Grand Final sprint .
1:30pm start the entertainment
3pm AFL Grand Final
Half time have either AFL longest kick or motorcade for the volunteers from all over Australia
7pm after the game a music concert at either Punt Rd or AAMI park with local artist with players to be presented.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL : too blind to see it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back