Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency X - Club has elected not to fill list spot - Davey returning from injury?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't like JDG IIRC. Stringer showed genuine remorse. He also showed concern for how his girls would be impacted.
JDG is just coasting through football. I can't see him ever be committed enough to reach his potential. Even if he had Dustin Martin level talent, his type of behaviour sets a wrong example for younger players. Do not want under any circumstances.

It was pretty bad. At least 1 count of statutory rape. Enough to get kicked to the curb by the Dogs.

It was always a weird story we got a tiny part of. It's not like JJ was Bont but the who club seemed to turn on Stringer.

Good as his best is he's been genuinely fit for a total of maybe 1 full season. He's barely been worth it to date.

It was pretty bad. At least 1 count of statutory rape. Enough to get kicked to the curb by the Dogs.

It was always a weird story we got a tiny part of. It's not like JJ was Bont but the who club seemed to turn on Stringer.

Good as his best is he's been genuinely fit for a total of maybe 1 full season. He's barely been worth it to date.
Maybe I didn't pay much attention to the Stringer saga. I don't recall it to be repeatedly the way it is for JDG.

Yeah which is why I describe JDG as a worse version of Stringer. He is a less committed, less mature, more undisciplined and less productive version of Stringer and Stringer isn't a world beater. There's really no reason for Essendon to be chasing a player like him. Imagine trying to get him to run both ways. No thanks.

Except it wasn't. Age of consent in Victoria is 16, she was 17. Morally wrong yes, but not statutory rape.

Is De Goey really St. Kilda's guy though? Feel like they need another consistent ball winner rather than a forward/mid like Gresham

What was Stringers reputation like before we took him on?
He was not a repeat offender who refused to take responsibility and changed managers when he was told to pull his head in by them.
He had one major **** up that turned his life upside down for a while.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is De Goey really St. Kilda's guy though? Feel like they need another consistent ball winner rather than a forward/mid like Gresham
I would say so, they have plenty of accumulators in Brad Crouch, Jack Steele, Seb Ross and Jones when fit.

What they lack is hurt factor from their midfield forward of centre aside from Gresham. De Goey would suit their midfield perfectly imo.

But that is completely separate to whether I would take the risk if I was them.

Last edited:
Any contract put in front of him would have to contain more good behaviour clauses than parole
Saints not happy. Have denied that they have tabled any offers. From what I hear they have made inquiries but that has been as far as it has gone.

JDG is cultural poison and put simply, a terrible bloke. The club has hopefully turned its back for good on the "whatever it takes" mantra. Some folks may not care who pulls on the jumper if we're winning, but I for one wouldn't feel right turning up to barrack for a team with someone like JDG running around for us.

JDG is cultural poison and put simply, a terrible bloke. The club has hopefully turned its back for good on the "whatever it takes" mantra. Some folks may not care who pulls on the jumper if we're winning, but I for one wouldn't feel right turning up to barrack for a team with someone like JDG running around for us.
Externally he may be those things, but from all accounts he’s one of the most loved team mates at collingwood.

Liam Stocker cost? Believes hes OOC and recently dropped

Drafted as a midfielder, cant see him getting in there at the blues any time soon for a substantial period of time

Is he too similar to what we already have. Always looks bigger than 184 and is a solid unit.

Expecting him to stay at the blues but wouldnt be the worse player to consider

Externally he may be those things, but from all accounts he’s one of the most loved team mates at collingwood.
Have met him once. Seemed like a decent bloke. Does a lot of charity work with kids. Just makes dumb decisions when the booze is involved.

Mate of mine tells me he does a lot of work with a charity that helps homeless people. No doubt he's made some mistakes and some really bad ones but he's not the devil.
Yeah he’s not the devil. He’s a spoiled brat surrounded with enablers who seems unable to take responsibility for his actions without coercion.

Volunteering at a homeless charity doesn’t change those things, it just makes him complex and human, like the rest of us.

Liam Stocker cost? Believes hes OOC and recently dropped

Drafted as a midfielder, cant see him getting in there at the blues any time soon for a substantial period of time

Is he too similar to what we already have. Always looks bigger than 184 and is a solid unit.

Expecting him to stay at the blues but wouldnt be the worse player to consider

Would love to see him play inside.

He plays half back because he's a beautiful kick but it doesn't really suit him.

From the snippets I've seen he's one of the rare breed of players that can hit targets by foot from inside.

Would love to see him play inside.

He plays half back because he's a beautiful kick but it doesn't really suit him.

From the snippets I've seen he's one of the rare breed of players that can hit targets by foot from inside.
Stocker is a wildly inconsistent kick. He kicks some great kicks, some horrible shanks too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back