Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency X - Club has elected not to fill list spot - Davey returning from injury?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Externally he may be those things, but from all accounts he’s one of the most loved team mates at collingwood.

I'm still trying to work out what he has done wrong to warrant discplinary action.

He's not the only footballer to get on it during the break.

He felt the boob of a girl he was with and who has no issue. Of course this has nothing to do with her because people are virtue signalling so she's not allowed to have agency.

He was fine until his was forced into a 180 and came out with this horseshit about ADHD. The Sopranos skewered that diagnosis, for the garbage it is, even before South Park did.

It's just more evidence that mental health is cynically used by people with a profile as a shield against the same virtual signallers who are invariably dumb enough to fall for it.

What does ADHD have to do with a pre-planned trip Bali?

How about leaving it to parents to explain the nuances of human social interaction rather than loud mouth idiots from the humanities departments whose best skill was conning bigger idiots who run corporations to listen to them?

Society needs to work out whether women are equals or a special category require special treatment.

Last edited:
I'm still trying to work out what he has done wrong to warrant discplinary action.

He felt the boob of a girl he was with and who has no issue. Of course this has nothing to do with her because people are virtue signalling so she's not allowed to have agency.

He was fine until his was forced into a 180 and came out with this horseshit about ADHD. The Sopranos skewered that diagnosis, for the garbage it is, even before South Park did.

It's just more evidence that mental health is cynically used by people with a profile as a shield against the same virtual signallers who are invariably dumb enough to fall for it.

How about leaving it to parents to explain the nuances of human social interaction rather than loud mouth idiots from the humanities departments whose best skill was conning bigger idiots who run corporations to listen to them?

Society needs to work out whether women are equals or a special category require special treatment.
There's a large part of society (the aforementioned virtue signallers) who are unable to work out what a woman even is.

Just think, these people vote, work in government, are allowed on juries and, of course, pontificate on a young man who has committed the heinous crime of engaging with the opposite sex. Oh wait. There's no such thing as an opposite sex.

JDG should have just identified as a woman and he would have been fine.

He was not a repeat offender who refused to take responsibility and changed managers when he was told to pull his head in by them.
He had one major * up that turned his life upside down for a while.
That’s a fair point.. true

Same.
JDG is a footballer not some politician that makes speech's and calling for votes. Regardless if the club has 80k members.
The woman he was with was fine with his behaviour and as far as I can see he wasn't breaking any laws. Was he meant to act a different way when drinking?
Just because someone is in the public eye doesn't mean they stop having the same rights as any other citizen in this country.

All being said, I don't think he would be right at the dons if just yet. If our team mentally wilted this year under the pressure against multiple top sides I can't see how we would get the best out of JDG.

Not correct, he tried to expose it whilst she was on camera which she clearly had an issue with at the time because she pushed his hand away to stop him. What happens next time he does it and the girl does take issue with it? It's not like it hasn't happened before.

You lot are kidding yourselves if you honestly believe yourself that if you were in the clubs position you would say no to JDG because of the stuff you have seen on TV.

Basing it off the ever convenient media spun narrative, with no genuine understanding of who the bloke actually is as a person is exactly like some of the crap we had to hear when it was our club and players in the mud.

As mentioned already by all accounts the guy is a stand up bloke who does a lot of good things off the field, let alone his talents on the field.

Does it come with risks? Sure
Do you try to negotiate a deal to mitigate those risks as much as possible? Sure
Is it worth it for the player you get on the field? No doubt

Not correct, he tried to expose it whilst she was on camera which she clearly had an issue with at the time because she pushed his hand away to stop him. What happens next time he does it and the girl does take issue with it? It's not like it hasn't happened before.

That's for next time.

We must stop feeding the media outrage machine because it's fake virtue proposing bullshit solutions to issues it doesn't understand or pretends not to understand.

It is just like with Quaynor and Ginnivan. Even if they were rating girls, who cares. Do girls not rate boys? Are well all going to sit here and pretend we didn't do it in some form and that is why we don't rape and beat women?

It's a bizarre thing to publish yourself doing anything in my view but that's kids these days.

You lot are kidding yourselves if you honestly believe yourself that if you were in the clubs position you would say no to JDG because of the stuff you have seen on TV.

Basing it off the ever convenient media spun narrative, with no genuine understanding of who the bloke actually is as a person is exactly like some of the crap we had to hear when it was our club and players in the mud.
Nobody ever learns anything except cowardice has its benefits.

As mentioned already by all accounts the guy is a stand up bloke who does a lot of good things off the field, let alone his talents on the field.

Does it come with risks? Sure
Do you try to negotiate a deal to mitigate those risks as much as possible? Sure
Is it worth it for the player you get on the field? No doubt

It depends. It will now become Dodoro and Rutten, regardless of whether they have daughters and sisters, etc, hate women, what ever women are. The diversity and inclusion bozo obligatorily placed on the board will then get to have zeir say.

I wouldn't sign him because he doesn't fit what we have. We've hitched our wagon to the combination of Stringer, Parish and Merrett which we self identify as a good midfield.

I dont think De Geoy makes us that much more sustainable. What we want is the team that offsets those 3 doing what they want.

Its big bodies to free Parish and Merrett into space not bust through congestion and do it themselves.

So we judge him based on a hypothetical future situation? 🤔

It depends. It will now become Dodoro and Rutten, regardless of whether they have daughters and sisters, etc, hate women, what ever women are. The diversity and inclusion bozo obligatorily placed on the board will then get to have zeir say.

I wouldn't sign him because he doesn't fit what we have. We've hitched our wagon to the combination of Stringer, Parish and Merrett which we self identify as a good midfield.

I dont think De Geoy makes us that much more sustainable. What we want is the team that offsets those 3 doing what they want.

Its big bodies to free Parish and Merrett into space not bust through congestion and do it themselves.
De Goey and Stringer in the same team basically means we have someone playing the Stringer role in the midfield and forwardline at all times doesn't it?

Jake gets gassed, goes forward to rest, JDG goes in the middle until he's gassed, rests forward and sends Jake back in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is just like with Quaynor and Ginnivan. Even if they were rating girls, who cares. Do girls not rate boys? Are well all going to sit here and pretend we didn't do it in some form and that is why we don't rape and beat women?

Not sure if true but someone told me 2 AFLW players made the same exact tiktok rating men only weeks ago. And from what I can see it's a pretty massive trend going around the world atm.

I’d be reasonably keen on De Goey if he becomes available.

The current media beat up is rubbish, he actually hasn’t done anything out of the ordinary this time.

Not sure if true but someone told me 2 AFLW players made the same exact tiktok rating men only weeks ago. And from what I can see it's a pretty massive trend going around the world atm.
According to Gerard Whateley on 360 last night it's some sort of word game thing 🤷‍♀️ inappropriate for someone in their position but it's also a different sort of cultural expectation within that app afaik. Whatever it was it's the first time either of them have done something silly, they immediately took it down, apologised and they move on. It's not like they have a history of inappropriate behaviour including multiple charges of harassment and assault.

Apparently JDG works part-time for the salvos as part of his plea bargain for a reduced penalty in New York (it's on his wiki page).

No to JDG. Nothing to do with off field either. Doesn't provide the onfield leadership we are crying out for. He's very inconsistent with performance as well. We need to keep building through the draft and be very picky when it comes to adding mature recruits. Dunkley, Brayshaw type, yes. They are consistent players and both on field leaders.

No to JDG. Nothing to do with off field either. Doesn't provide the onfield leadership we are crying out for. He's very inconsistent with performance as well. We need to keep building through the draft and be very picky when it comes to adding mature recruits. Dunkley, Brayshaw type, yes. They are consistent players and both on field leaders.
Would rather throw the same amount of money at Angus Brayshaw.

With our cap space we could probably front end a 4x650-700k deal (what what will take to get him out) heavily to keep our future options open like
Year 1: 800k
Year 2: 750k
Year 3: 650k
Year 4: 500k

Yeh I don’t classify this last incident as any wrong doing on his part, should he have gone to bali in the first place- probably not. Is this a story if it’s any other player, no. If the women in the incident made a complaint, well then go ahead and throw the book at him, 2 consenting adults partying is a non issue. Afl media were drooling when this came across their desk. Collingwood just gave into the media pressure to condemn it, I’d imagine internally most think it’s a beat up, but with the clubs recent history they had to come out and appear to be strong on the issue.

If you can get a player of his calibre cheaply you do.

If it means the likes of Parish have to spend a little more time each game defending that's a sacrifice I'd be willing to make.

If you can get a player of his calibre cheaply you do.

If it means the likes of Parish have to spend a little more time each game defending that's a sacrifice I'd be willing to make.
Depends where you're at as a club. We are rebuilding and have guys like Caldwell, Perkins, Hobbs and Martin playing though the midfield/half forward areas. JDG would cost those guys development, possibly their spot in the team. For a team in the window looking for that extra edge JDG could make sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back