Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency X - Club has elected not to fill list spot - Davey returning from injury?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Robertson can be pried out for a third round pick.

Has his strengths but also flaws. I reckon the balance of the 2 suits us better than Brisbane, hence why I dont think the asking price will be that much, and where he's now competing with Dunkley for a spot in next year's midfield and probably Ashcroft too.

Last edited:
This thread is probably quite irrelevant right now.
‘we have no coach, no ceo and a list manager on thin ice and risk adverse as he can feel real danger
i reckon we will mainly build cash reserves and try our luck for a stocker type
next year we are hopefully much more stable.
ger 20 games into Reid, perkins, Cox, Hobbs, jones, Durham, Martin and d’ambrossio
7 to 15 in pick 4, bryan, Davey and maybe Davey x 2
perhaps use pick 22 to get further into next years draft and some points for this draft
perhaps get a 3rd rounder for Francis
low expectations this year

‘we have no coach, no ceo and a list manager on thin ice and risk adverse.
got 20 games into Reid, perkins, Cox, Hobbs, jones, Durham, Martin and d’ambrossio
perhaps use pick 22 to get further into next years draft and some points for this draft
22 is going to be a tough one. I can see us putting it on the table for a 3 way deal to get a deal over the line in order to collect more points but can also see us trying to use it to trade ahead of a Davey bid come draft night.

22 is going to be a tough one. I can see us putting it on the table for a 3 way deal to get a deal over the line in order to collect more points but can also see us trying to use it to trade ahead of a Davey bid come draft night.
I think they will have contingencies on the night if they trade it
the tough thing is it is about where Davey is likely to be bid on

Not sure who trades down though. Brisbane need the points but their pick is still too high and could still get eaten by an early Davey bid.

Reckon we trade it out on the night for maximum value.

‘we have no coach, no ceo and a list manager on thin ice and risk adverse as he can feel real danger
ger 20 games into Reid, perkins, Cox, Hobbs, jones, Durham, Martin and d’ambrossio

There is where it should be up to the GM of footy. I believe it would be within Mahoney's role.

Set the direction that is for everyone else to implement.

Turning Francis and Ham in to a few of XOH, Robertson, Smith or Stocker for not much is an Essendon call and a simple one at that. Address obvious weakness in the list.

I wouldn't go and trade out of the first or second round without knowing what the coach wants.

Last edited:
I think they will have contingencies on the night if they trade it
the tough thing is it is about where Davey is likely to be bid on
I think we'd have a team (say, Sydney with Melbourne's pick 14) lined up for a "Hey, if Davey isn't bid on by your first, we'll give you 22 and our F2 for pick 14" but if it is bid on by then we'll trade it for a F2 and a current 3rd from whoever wants to move up.
Not sure who trades down though. Brisbane need the points but their pick is still too high and could still get eaten by an early Davey bid.

Reckon we trade it out on the night for maximum value.
As I said, I assume we'll either trade it early for points or save it for draft night to live trade ahead of a bid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not really a fan of this.
can see it hurting a side that mismanages trying to pay the floor and backing themselves into a corner as their kids come good (i.e us :p)

But hopefully by the time the kids come good the spuds we get from the other teams will have played out their contracts.

I don't know how else we're going to be a factor in trade week. By the time we get a coach everyone will have already nominated a side that's not us. May as well become known as Salary Dumpendon.

Going to be hard for this board to watch Dunkley and McCluggage tear us a new one next year when they probably should be in Essendon colours.
Hobbs is enough for me to happy we don't have Dunkley. I don't think we did that bad/wrong. Dogs just weren't gonna deal. And in their defence, probably a good reason why when they had JUH as a pick 1 bid in 2020 and Darcy as a pick 3 bid in 2021. Any pick we'd have given them, they'd need to move....vs. keeping a player they wanted who had 2 years on their contract.

Going to be hard for this board to watch Dunkley and McCluggage tear us a new one next year when they probably should be in Essendon colours.

You’re saying you would’ve have given up two first rounders for Dunkley?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back