Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Read above. He should go for the optics of it all but the group think is coming from Scott / McPherson / Rosa / Vossa . Adrian is only around so that Rosa can put all his energy into list management at this stage and not have to step into learning more about the negotiations stage while they are looking to advance the list. These guys could get it wrong too but there is limited Adrain group think.
You don't reckon there is groupthink that exists between Dodo, Sheedy, Harvey, board and coterie members? ...and that that will subsequently wear off on RFK, a Dodoro protege, and Rosa?

Probably right about Vozzo/Scott/McPherson and even Barham, but that other mob needs breaking up. Dodoro has to go.

Edit: I'd also include Rosa with Scott and co.

From everything I have learnt over 20 years, Adrian would still be a back seat driver

I belive you that the others are driving the car but Adrian would still have his hands on the wheel albeit in a much more limited capacity
Experience and influence are cultural drivers. Title next to his name means little when the culture is entrenched.

Experience and influence are cultural drivers. Title next to his name means little when the culture is entrenched.
citizen-erased and I are tottenham supporters, we are well educated on what a toxic culture can and does do to a football club (albeit different sport)

You don't reckon there is groupthink that exists between Dodo, Sheedy, Harvey, board and coterie members? ...and that that will subsequently wear off on RFK, a Dodoro protege, and Rosa?

Probably right about Vozzo/Scott/McPherson and even Barham, but that other mob needs breaking up. Dodoro has to go.
There may be group think in the old heads but I can tell you now that Vozzo and Scott are running the show and Barham is 100% behind them. They have limited reach . It would be ideal if Dodoro left . He will go at some stage but they prioritized Rosa's role as solely list management at this stage .The part that Dodoro is guiding him in is the behind the scenes negotiations . Dodoro knew the gig was up which is why he stepped back by initiating it himself rather than being pushed out the door. He will go when they have had Rosa in the role for a few years. In one way it is a smart move to put Dodoro into a role that is his one wood however it does not appease the punters who want blood for previous failures.

There may be group think in the old heads but I can tell you now that Vozzo and Scott are running the show and Barham is 100% behind them. They have limited reach . It would be ideal if Dodoro left . He will go at some stage but they prioritized Rosa's role as solely list management at this stage .The part that Dodoro is guiding him in is the behind the scenes negotiations . Dodoro knew the gig was up which is why he stepped back by initiating it himself rather than being pushed out the door. He will go when they have had Rosa in the role for a few years. In one way it is a smart move to put Dodoro into a role that is his one wood however it does not appease the punters who want blood for previous failures.

It is optics mate, it is optics

until Adrian is 100% out of the club every tom, dick and harry + Donald Trumps assistant will believe in some capacity that he will be pulling some strings, somehow at the football club

Just look at the main board (nuffies or not, my point remains), every loss is lumped on him, every win is lumped on RFK, every poor list decision (like the Menzie one) is aimed at Adrian.

So until he is 100% out of the club, people with a beef with him and his tense will continue to aim the gun at him

It is optics mate, it is optics

until Adrian is 100% out of the club every tom, dick and harry + Donald Trumps assistant will believe in some capacity that he will be pulling some strings, somehow at the football club

Just look at the main board (nuffies or not, my point remains), every loss is lumped on him, every win is lumped on RFK, every poor list decision (like the Menzie one) is aimed at Adrian.

So until he is 100% out of the club, people with a beef with him and his tense will continue to aim the gun at him
Just as well I am not into optics then. :)
And thanks but there is no chance I am wasting even 5 seconds of my day or energy looking at the main board.

Isaac Cumming subbed off with hamstring awareness.

Must make you worry

Isaac Cumming subbed off with hamstring awareness.

Must make you worry

We’ve never been linked to him.
Which is strange cause always felt like we should be

What’s peoples thoughts on Caleb Daniel?

Still 2 years to run on potentially around 700k apparently but gee I just think we need some better ball users on half back.

Heppell, Kelly, Laverde, McKay, McGrath not really a great disposal between them.
Ridley the odd one out, I understand why they threw Martin back there but then his disposal suffered and he developed the same turnover FLU our other backs have. We need some quality kicks, he might be a garden gnome but he’s an elite kick.

Might not have to give up a lot draft capital wise with him not in doggies plans and they’d love the money off the books I’m sure.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need match winners. Can be elite mid, hbf, small fwd or key fwd. 4 main areas we lack.

We have merret, Martin? And caddy looks likely. But Martin a stretch and caddy is a 19 year old.

Unfortunately stringer is past it and none of daveys, menzies, wanganeen, look to have it. I'd move most of them on as team is crying out for small fwd and none haven shown it in vfl or afl.

Saad elhawi showed it in the 1 vfl game for us. So maybe?

If they shut down merret who is capable of being a match winner from the mid.
also a reason why the club is a bit obsessed with draper, as he has that x factor but its unfounded in my view As offset by worse mistakes.

I had my hopes on perkins but let's not go there at the moment.

What backman can be swung fwd like a hooker or Lucas or even what fwd can be swung back like curnow or naughton/jamara?

Elite all Australian level talent is a big weakness.

Also why I don't mind just getting games into Cox, is a bit soft in the odd game but could be the wild card utility match winner.

Huge group think and influence, if not why are they still there. It's not just optics. There is dozens of highly capable people who could fill these roles. Not sure what value they bring to be honest.

Even in current roles both are a net negative impact.

Its elite sport with small margins of error and its just accepted.

The optics, spin is telling people it is nothing.

U think Scott wants sheedy there after the criticism.

U think Rosa still wants dodo there after a year of mentoring?

Obviously they wont say it publicly, but surely you want to make the role your own.

Surely a coach prefers 100% backing of all board members and not one who believes you must be a essendon person.

I'd love to hear the argument for dodo and or sheedy having a net positive impact on current operations.

Overall, it frustrates me its so easily dismissed but really getting worked up makes no difference.

Not going to change so I'll support the next generation of players who may be successful post this era.

All I can really do is not buy a membership as protest.

I'll still enjoy watching and supporting the team each week.

Just as well I am not into optics then. :)
And thanks but there is no chance I am wasting even 5 seconds of my day or energy looking at the main board.
This is what I think the plan is, dodo has always had a lot of support in the coterie groups, he gives them tidbits of info and they demand he keeps his job or $ goes. Barham knows that, but this shift of dodos role is the best of both worlds, whereas he doesn’t have control of who Essendon selects but still has the info to pass on, and Essendon doesn’t piss off coteries.

Is saad el hawli still on 6 month contract?

I find the timing of menzie resigning strange. I can live with resigning a 21 year old who has played more than 10 senior games this year but is limited and thought surely we wait until end of the year and most other deals are done first.

Think the risk of losing a menzie is a minimal impact or all I can reason with is maybe the massimo decision last year spooked the club into being overly generous again.

Although mass had speed and ball use *also weaknesses that menzie doesn't.

Is ainsworth much different to Gresham?

I think Gresham is too selfish but he has been serviceable and is best 22.

I haven't watched that many gc games but I just see ainsworth as a Gresham clone.

I Think we need more a zippy deep crumbing small as opposed to another link hf.

Let me know if I have ainsworth wrong?

Is ainsworth much different to Gresham?

I think Gresham is too selfish but he has been serviceable and is best 22.

I haven't watched that many gc games but I just see ainsworth as a Gresham clone.

I Think we need more a zippy deep crumbing small as opposed to another link hf.

Let me know if I have ainsworth wrong?
Not going to matter . Looks like he is staying at the GC.

Still think these are our most pressing needs;

(1) Small forward;
Simply, the ones we have are either not good enough (Jye Menzie, Tex Wanganeen) or sill young (Jayden Davey). Isaac Kako looking like an almost certainty to land at Essendon in a huge leg up to us as a different type of dynamic to the others.

(2) Back up ruck;
Goldstein (36) is being referenced over Nick Bryan (23) should say it all. Goldy is starting to become a problem and even Drapers ability to be the main guy is a worry personally. I wouldn't mind looking at a guy who could become the top dog if Bryan does look for opportunities elsewhere as Goldstein should be moved on.

(3) Key position forward;
Jayden Hunter injured again probably spells the end and this draft seems to have a plethora of options in the middle rankings of it. Caddy looks good but so many question marks over 2MP should see us take another one.

(4) star power;
This is a tricky one but we lack this and have done for some time. We don't like those risky picks, the cheeky bastards who have some serious X factor. Think Kyle Reimers. He could have been a match winner but James Hird didn't like his boot colours. We have a lack of personality on our list and imho costs us.

(5) small defender;
Jake Kelly may be moved on, Andrew McGrath seems to be questioned come round 17 so adding an option should be a possibility.

The free agency pool has dwindled to the point I would back in what we have got and hit the draft. With only two (likely) picks [current first and second and then a 4th] means its probably going to be light on for us in the draft.

Worth noting, we still have two Cat B rookie spots available to us. Port just signed Jacob Moss, a former Adelaide 36er and college basketball candidate as a Cat B rookie. I want us to go down this path. An unregistered 3 year Aussie kid who is a high performing in another sport. We have shown interest in some cricketers but nothing has eventuated. Possibly Jayden Nguyen as an NGA Cat B

When it comes to list holes now that we’re getting Kako I don’t think pressure forward is in that bad of a spot especially with Merrett drastically improving in that role.

Assuming you want 2.5/3 in the best 22 and Merrett is the .5 (as a resting mid) it would be Kako vs Gresham vs Davey vs Davey vs Guelf vs Menzie vs

That looks like more than enough depth at the spot. Better to give the young guys time to grow into those opportunities. Daveys will be year 3 at that point

To me Ruck is by far the biggest issue on the team. Draper for all his showboating hasn’t been that good or able to be healthy. I get that he’s hitting the point in his career where guys start to work it out…

I’d be more then happy to spend some assets for an upgrade

Is it worth getting into Pittonet? Too good not to play regularly and would be an upgrade?

Can't think of too many more not playing regular footy who would be in upgrade on Draper.
Chris Ladhams at Sydney is the other one we should be talking too. Does dumb shit all the time but if we wanted a guy who could fill in for a few games a year, he'd be one to ask the question about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back