Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d get rid of stringer honestly. He’s a good goal kicker but isn’t near fit enough. Absolute 0 when the oppo are running the ball out of our backline. View attachment 2061759

Thanks for attaching the photo, I think that’s Stringer on the left but I’m unfamiliar with the man on the right.

My first thoughts with our list exits:
Retire: Heppell, Goldstein, Kelly.
Delist: Weideman, Baldwin, Hunter(rookie).

I think Bryan and Shiel will request a trade and I have a feeling Stringer moves as well.

Potentially 8 senior list moves and Hunter off the RL.

Menzie goes on the main list and Jayden to the rookie list.Tex maybe to the senior list as well which would still leave 7 places, 1 rookie and then cat B rookie/s.

Retire - Heppell, Goldy
Delist - Kelly, Weideman, Hunter,
Trade - Draper, Shiel, Stringer
Trade table - Perkins, Parish, Wright

Stringer to Melbourne for 38
Shiel and 38 to Saints for 25
Draper to Port for 30 and Dante Visentini
Perkins to Tigers for 21+F2nd
Parish to Geelong for 16
Wright to Collingwood for 26

9, 16, 21, 25, 26, 30 - Happy to split any pick for more top 40 selections, also to manipulate points, for the Kako bid.

Would consider moves at the right price for Conor Stone, Jacob Konstanty, Jaxon Binns, Nathan O'Driscoll, Alex Davies, Angus Sheldrick and Devon Robertson

Select class (with winning mentality) with early picks, use later picks to select fighters/scrappers who hate to lose.

I could trade more, but some of the contracts we got them on mean we'll get little value.

Retire - Heppell, Goldy

Parish to Geelong for 16

9, 16, 21, 25, 26, 30 - Happy to split any pick for more top 40 selections, also to manipulate points, for the Kako bid.

Would consider moves at the right price for Conor Stone, Jacob Konstanty, Jaxon Binns, Nathan O'Driscoll, Alex Davies, Angus Sheldrick and Devon Robertson

Select class (with winning mentality) with early picks, use later picks to select fighters/scrappers who hate to lose.

I could trade more, but some of the contracts we got them on mean we'll get little value.
I'd keep Draper (trade Bryan instead), Perkins (Still believe he's part of our future despite his terrible last couple of months) and Wright (Good player having an average year. Just because he's not a number 1 KPF doesn't mean he holds no value. Keep him around). No panic trades that don't do much for us.

I'd keep Draper (trade Bryan instead), Perkins (Still believe he's part of our future despite his terrible last couple of months) and Wright (Good player having an average year. Just because he's not a number 1 KPF doesn't mean he holds no value. Keep him around). No panic trades that don't do much for us.
At this point, I'm starting to believe Peter Wright is just an average player who had a good year, rather than a good player having an average year.

At this point, I'm starting to believe Peter Wright is just an average player who had a good year, rather than a good player having an average year.
You've always thought that.

You've always thought that.

At the moment though it is the outlier. He has shown more average form than good form.
He also has a clear temperament that is not usually associated with well performing key position players.

For me personally him not being on the list may push us to change our structure forward to get smaller and faster.
He may be "fine" but I think we have other players that can provide that.

1 good year out of 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Retire - Heppell, Goldy

Parish to Geelong for 16

21+F2 for Perkins seems like overs.

We need to draft /trade for players who are competitive first and foremost, our list is made up of mentally weak and physically soft players.

Too many go missing when it gets tough, go through our list and see how many you can name that stand up in big games.

I'm sick of all the excuses, just show the supporters you care and hate losing, have some pride in the jumper instead of throwing in the white towell every F$%cken time.

We need to draft /trade for players who are competitive first and foremost, our list is made up of mentally weak and physically soft players.

Too many go missing when it gets tough, go through our list and see how many you can name that stand up in big games.

I'm sick of all the excuses, just show the supporters you care and hate losing, have some pride in the jumper instead of throwing in the white towell every F$%cken time.

Pride in the jumper?

It’s a work shirt. You wear it with pride if you like the company you work for. If it’s a crap place to work why would being in uniform be a positive thing for the disgruntled employee who has to wear it

Idk, it's probably a little crazy (my entire post) and Eth is likely right on some of my deals, I (we) just want change, need to do something different.

We need to finish bottom 4 for the next 2 years then hope Bewicks star keeps rising.

This year we’ll end up taking 2 first rounders because of the nga.

That’s 4 drafts in total of top end talent.

That’s how we should orchestrate the rebuild.

We really need to bring in another mature-age defender. I couldn't stand another season of seeing Laverde and Kelly playing most games, and obviously Reid and Baldwin aren't looking good as replacements.

Finding our own Stewart or Wilkie is probably unlikely, but there must be a defender somewhere that could come in and improve us. Our defence has really been shown up the last 6-7 weeks.

We really need to bring in another mature-age defender. I couldn't stand another season of seeing Laverde and Kelly playing most games, and obviously Reid and Baldwin aren't looking good as replacements.

Finding our own Stewart or Wilkie is probably unlikely, but there must be a defender somewhere that could come in and improve us. Our defence has really been shown up the last 6-7 weeks.

Something something

Most important defensive players are pressure forwards…

Most important attacking players are defensive users….

When you look at the players playing those roles on this team things start to make sense

Defensive frailties probably means we have to prioritise med defender as much as a small forward.

We are in pickle
We are. We need some speed in the back half as well so we can move the footy.

A part of the issue is largely around guys such as Cox, Reid, Perkins, Hobbs Tsatas all in years 2+ now, not kicking on and all being rated top 10 players in their draft year

I dont expect all of them to be jets playing really good footy in the best 22, but one or two atleast

Its hard to argue against getting rid of guys like Stringer, Goldy, Heppell, Kelly now if they cant get the job done at the moment. Or play them ahead of kids in regard to the next 5 weeks

Hobbs, Tsatas, Hayes, A.Roberts

A part of the issue is largely around guys such as Cox, Reid, Perkins, Hobbs Tsatas all in years 2+ now, not kicking on and all being rated top 10 players in their draft year

I dont expect all of them to be jets playing really good footy in the best 22, but one or two atleast

Its hard to argue against getting rid of guys like Stringer, Goldy, Heppell, Kelly now if they cant get the job done at the moment. Or play them ahead of kids in regard to the next 5 weeks

Hobbs, Tsatas, Hayes, A.Roberts
The Perkins, cox and Reid draft hurts that we haven’t found a star from it. That draft was meant to set up the next decade of dons footy

The Perkins, cox and Reid draft hurts that we haven’t found a star from it. That draft was meant to set up the next decade of dons footy
and im not necessarily saying that they wont become stars, especially in Reid and Cox's case. It just doesnt look good right now, and they are well behind where top 10 picks should be regardless of being 200cm

Some of that in Reids case down to injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back