Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

think you're missing the point

Not sure I am.

Brad wants mature bodies, he’s very weird about playing the kids, argument to be made that he went to Caddy too early, Roberts too late, missed the boat on Hayes and his use case on Tsatas and Hobbs has been an absolute dumpster fire.

Why would you go out and get him a big clutch of kids? What does that do for him? Ok Brad here you go, here’s some stuff you don’t want that goes against every fiber of your being but the recruiting department think this is what we should do.

It’s a mess either way, it’s either the recruiters aren’t aligned with the coach or the coach thinks they’re in a wildly different place than the rest of the club.

0% chance he leaves. There is a greater chance Bevo admits he likes Tom Morris & Damian Barrett than Sam Darcy leaving.

A father-son star KPF of a club great leaving would be unheard of!

iu

Ive said we won't make wholesale changes but the good news is that al large number of guys who won't be around for any sort of push are out of contract this year.

Current out of contract guys are;

Gone - Kaine Baldwin
1 year - Alwyn Davey Jnr
Gone - Jayden Davey
Gone - Todd Goldstein
Gone - Matt Guelfi
Retired - Dyson Heppell
Gone - Nick Hind
2 years - Harry Jones
Gone - Jake Kelly
Gone - Will Setterfield
1 year - Jake Stringer
Gone - Sam Weidemann

Gone - Jaiden Hunter
Gone - Wanganeen

10 list changes easily, makes room for some young FA's or hit the draft by trading out a Hobbs, Tsatas, Parish as well and improving on the back end of our draft hand.

Currently hold picks
First rounder; 9
Second rounder; 29 (this blows out with Kako bid matched)
THENNN

Late round; 83 which would come in)

So we either load up with rookies which we like doing, SSP signings &/or run the list short and opt for mid season opening before he season begins.
unless someone is over paying for Guelfi or he wants out, he’s going no where imo. Our only decent small forward who will really do well with some chaos type Small’s like Kako. He’s a must keep for me.. unless someone like west coast offers there second or something ridiculous

HS linking us to Matt Owies, he's a pretty good finisher but is he the profile we want?
Nope. Slow, poor pressure wise. Kicks goals which is nice but another Menzie, Gresham type.

HS linking us to Matt Owies, he's a pretty good finisher but is he the profile we want?

Eh, if he's the best we can get, then I guess. Our small forward brigade are awful.

But as said above, he's not ideal. Need guys that can run and pressure.

Even with barely having seen them play, my two priorities would be Richards from Collingwood and the Sydney boy, Konstanty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read the article. We’re not interested

“Essendon had at one stage been linked to Owies but they will secure NGA pick Isaac Kako, who is a bustling small forward.”

I've cracked the trade period lads.

Parish for Joe Richards and F1st (Pies)
Perkins for Charlie Clarke and F1st (Dogs)
Shiel for 46 (Saints)
Jake for 43 (Dees)

Kako, Richards and Clarke could really change our front half, and we have 3 1st rounders in 2025.

Add a future third from us to the pies and I reckon it could get done.
Keep Perkins
Add Wright to Jake and ask for a future second.
Move the future second on for a second this year and points.
Shiel for 46 is good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back