Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Parish for sure would have said no I reckon.

Young family.
Think this is on the money. Doubt he is looking interstate . Just married and young child. If he wants out it will be to another Victorian club.
Same with Stringer. I doubt very much interstate is on the cards for him either with his band of children.

I’d imagine they (Port) view Parish as a Boak replacement.

They have a slot for a smaller mid opening up why not try and get a former AA on a front loaded deal that another club has already paid a bunch of that contract.

Sounds like smart list management

Aceman always has good intel. Port have approached Parish.

Makes sense, their midfield needs some more grunt. Would probably be a good mix if they moved Rozee out and put Parish in.

View attachment 2102603
Surely it isn't the club saying no so it must be Parish. He's not leaving and probably will never improve his team defence so we'll continue being at least a man down defensively. Better stock up on two way runners to cover for him.

As for Houston, we can't afford the trade currency Port will demand unless we have a player prepared to go there. We cannot afford to touch any of our firsts unless it's for a young gun.

Houston as a player would be perfect for our team, but not at his age, the price we'll pay and the state of our list.

Surely it isn't the club saying no so it must be Parish. He's not leaving and probably will never improve his team defence so we'll continue being at least a man down defensively. Better stock up on two way runners to cover for him.

As for Houston, we can't afford the trade currency Port will demand unless we have a player prepared to go there. We cannot afford to touch any of our firsts unless it's for a young gun.

Houston as a player would be perfect for our team, but not at his age, the price we'll pay and the state of our list.
Parish is so slow on the transition makes you wonder if he has cement in his shoes

Bailey Smith for Parish. Would you do it? Smith is probably leaving for Geelong so this is just a hypothetical.

I couldn't sign fast enough. He was born in December so he'll only be 24 next year. Imagine Smith alongside Merrett, Durham, Caldwell and eventually Tsatas/Hobbs? Not sure how Smith's ACL will impact his explosiveness, but he is young enough for it not to be a concern.

And it's honestly not even a high risk trade in my eyes as we'd have a long contract off our books (or at least partially).

Should be looking at some of the younger players who aren’t getting games for late picks.
Ads to our depth and provide possible upside in position of needs for our list.
We are severely lacking in talent with our smalls up forward and in defence.

We need to hit the draft hard.

Jacob Konstanty from Sydney, Josh Fahey GWS, Seamus Mitchell Hawthorn, Dylan Williams Port Adelaide, Malcom Rosas Gold Coast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes you wonder about just how dumb football clubs are.

Parish is at the start of a multi year contract, has a 3 month old, is married to a Melbourne private school girl and is incredibly settled.

Like, why are you even bothering?

Parish is at the start of a multi year contract, has a 3 month old, is married to a Melbourne private school girl and is incredibly settled.

I would be glad if the club explored the possibility of trading parish. The players have all the power, shouldn’t be able to refuse a trade

Well you don't lose anything for asking the question even if it's very likely a no. So I don't fault Port for at least trying (if its true).

Bailey Smith for Parish. Would you do it? Smith is probably leaving for Geelong so this is just a hypothetical.

I couldn't sign fast enough. He was born in December so he'll only be 24 next year. Imagine Smith alongside Merrett, Durham, Caldwell and eventually Tsatas/Hobbs? Not sure how Smith's ACL will impact his explosiveness, but he is young enough for it not to be a concern.

And it's honestly not even a high risk trade in my eyes as we'd have a long contract off our books (or at least partially).
I’d love Smith. Gonna be a very good mid or forward

Last edited:
Well you don't lose anything for asking the question even if it's very likely a no. So I don't fault Port for at least trying (if its true).

It’s true if you don’t ask you don’t get, but clubs seem very set on asking questions any sane man already knows the answer to.

I think the Zerk for Duursma deal was very mature of both clubs, almost unexpectedly so.

I'll try again....
The latest news I have is this, which says it's a 1 year deal.

Rumour is that it had a secret 2nd year. Like parish’s secret 6th year. Maybe why we played him for so many games, perhaps it’s a games played clause and Brad wanted his old mate to get another year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

Back