Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

I still think the pressing need for us is KPF, Wright & Jones aint gonna cut it come crouch finals. Caddy still likely 3-4 yrs off being a premium Fwd
It would be negligible to carry Weidemann (failedfwd), Baldwin (experimental kpd) and Hunter (2 x acl) for another year. Move at least 1, if not two on and grab a youngster in the off season.

Davey and Jones

He has that much quality we would change structure a smidge and move out a Davey and H.Jones for him

Hes levels above both currently
Move out Davey for another small forward but not Zurhaar . If he came into the side it would be Jones being moved out. You can not run with too many plodders inside 50.

Could easily fit zurhaar In our current forwardline. When he came into the league he was one of the most ferocious tacklers I have ever seen. We have all seen him crumb goals and take marks, has a pretty decent leap and is a match up nightmare. You get him out of north and no doubt he turns is up a level or two.

People getting caught up that he is medium sized are missing the point. You can play 6 talls if they can crumb and pressure well enough too.

look at guelfi, his best asset is his hardness and marking. He isn’t a traditional crumber either, but he just snagged 3 and made our team a hell of a lot better. Zurhaar is a much better player than Davey and guelfi.

The real question isn’t whether he would fit in our side, it’s whether we want to outbid everyone else and use our cap on him.

I say yes to zurhaar at a reasonable price.

Could easily fit zurhaar In our current forwardline. When he came into the league he was one of the most ferocious tacklers I have ever seen. We have all seen him crumb goals and take marks, has a pretty decent leap and is a match up nightmare. You get him out of north and no doubt he turns is up a level or two.

People getting caught up that he is medium sized are missing the point. You can play 6 talls if they can crumb and pressure well enough too.

look at guelfi, his best asset is his hardness and marking. He isn’t a traditional crumber either, but he just snagged 3 and made our team a hell of a lot better. Zurhaar is a much better player than Davey and guelfi.

The real question isn’t whether he would fit in our side, it’s whether we want to outbid everyone else and use our cap on him.

Be careful he plays for North and there the worst side

Were 3rd and have a kid whos 19

nOt PoSsIbLe :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton’s superstar defender Jacob Weitering is set to become one of the highest-paid players in the AFL after St Kilda informally pitched him a multi-year offer worth $1.5 million per season.

Weitering, who is out of contract at the end of 2025 when he will become an unrestricted free agent, was recently made aware of the huge offer from the Saints. As The Scoop reported earlier this year, the Saints have a war chest at their disposal.

Carlton’s superstar defender Jacob Weitering is set to become one of the highest-paid players in the AFL after St Kilda informally pitched him a multi-year offer worth $1.5 million per season.

Weitering, who is out of contract at the end of 2025 when he will become an unrestricted free agent, was recently made aware of the huge offer from the Saints. As The Scoop reported earlier this year, the Saints have a war chest at their disposal.
Ben McKay looking like a steal if that’s what you’re asking for as a top defender

Guelfi works significantly harder than Zurhaar.

Zurhaar mostly jogs around interspersed with the occasional effort, he's a poor man's Jake Stringer (when Jake is lazy) far more than he is a better Matt Guelfi.

Maybe a change of club would fix the lazy part, but on what he's shown the last couple of seasons he's nowhere near worth the money he'd cost.

The point was you do not move him out for Zuhaar . If you move Davey out he is replaced by another small forward.
It was a discussion about Zuhaar and where he fits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back